Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2009   #1
smell the glove
Rookie

Default Interesting Belichick Interview

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...hick-q-a-1230/

I think what’s probably most impressive about the Texans is the kicking game

Not sure if serious?
smell the glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting Belichick Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by smell the glove View Post

Not sure if serious?
talk about a backhanded compliment.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember when he talked about the Texans in Week 1 on that
radio show. In his mind, there was no excuse for the Texans to look
so inept facing a Rex Ryan defense. He said that the Jets' defensive
scheme is a "Xerox" copy of the Ravens defense.
Old 12-31-2009   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by smell the glove View Post

Not sure if serious?
I saw that too.......

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

i believe he was talking about when we are punting or kicking off. Our coverage has been pretty good this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I take it they are coming to win. I like it like that. I want us to have to win our way into the playoffs against a team trying their best (granted, we need luck as well with other teams losing). Belichick said some nice things about our players, good to hear his positive comments.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #7
smell the glove
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Well, I take it they are coming to win. I like it like that. I want us to have to win our way into the playoffs against a team trying their best (granted, we need luck as well with other teams losing). Belichick said some nice things about our players, good to hear his positive comments.
From the things he said about Casey it made me think that they might have been thinking hard about drafting him too
smell the glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2009   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Bill a secret Texans Homer?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
i believe he was talking about when we are punting or kicking off. Our coverage has been pretty good this year.
Joe Marciano seems to be able to coach HIS unit into consistent patterns of positive performance. Always has.

Marciano is an unsung hero in my book. Verrrry good special teams coach.
Old 12-31-2009   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I remember when he talked about the Texans in Week 1 on that
radio show. In his mind, there was no excuse for the Texans to look
so inept facing a Rex Ryan defense. He said that the Jets' defensive
scheme is a "Xerox" copy of the Ravens defense.
& How did he do against his division rival in week 2?
Old 12-31-2009   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BB: Well, I think when you watch another team play or you compete against them you have a respect for the players are. And I think — in all honesty — you take a look at stats a lot more than we do. We watch the players play and you know who’s a good player and who isn’t regardless of what their stats are, where as I’m not sure if everybody else watches the players play. They look at the stats and try to make a determination on what the players play is based on numbers versus actually watching the guy play.
Interesting quote from the article.
Old 12-31-2009   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
NYJ-16
High powered NE- 9
Old 12-31-2009   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[They have] a real explosive offense, great receivers, good quarterback, productive tight ends, solid offensive line
Is that just coach speak?
Old 12-31-2009   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
NYJ-16
High powered NE- 9
Ewww.. kinda looked unprepared. he only scored 2 more points than the Texans.
Old 12-31-2009   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Well I doubt he would have said that when we were giving up 70+ sacks, coach speak or not.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They lost a close one 16-9, then destroyed them later in the season, 31-14.
They didn't get swept by two teams in their division, or lose 5 straight
division games. The Patriots also didn't get swept by an AVERAGE-AT-BEST
divisional team like the Jaguars. They also managed to go 4-2 in their division,
something we're still waiting on under the current regime.

Sunday will tell us if the Texans have taken the "next step", or just managed
to clinch an 8-8 season early in Week 16.

Apples to apples, my friend. Not apples to kumquats.
Old 12-31-2009   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
They lost a close one 16-9,

Apples to apples, my friend. Not apples to kumquats.
Then lets try to keep it apples to apples. We're not talking about division records, or destroying a team the second time you play them.

We're talking about getting pwned by a rookie HC & a rookie QB.

My point is if it can happen to the genius that is Belichick, give Kubiak a little slack.

Every body knew Rex Ryan gets after the QB, but to come in and be so relentless.... Belicheck & Fisher didn't see it coming either.
Old 12-31-2009   #18
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
You don't throw the ball as well as we do without a decent o-line, now if your talking about our line in the running game specifically, I don't think he would say solid.
Old 12-31-2009   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Then lets try to keep it apples to apples. We're not talking about division records, or destroying a team the second time you play them.

We're talking about getting pwned by a rookie HC & a rookie QB.

My point is if it can happen to the genius that is Belichick, give Kubiak a little slack.

Every body knew Rex Ryan gets after the QB, but to come in and be so relentless.... Belicheck & Fisher didn't see it coming either.
Let's not talk about the things that matter, huh? Division records, getting
swept by a scrub team like the Jags, or the fact that our coach can't
put a winning season together to save his life, Opening Week 14 at 5-7
every damn year, just to make his miraculous 3-1 finish to save his job,
etc...

Understand now. Thank you for enlightening me....
Old 12-31-2009   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is that what good journalism is like? I've never read an interview like that with Kubiak.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read