Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default 9-7 Does Not Matter?

I have seen a few posters post that thought. I mean just come on already it's the difference between a winning season or a .500 season. That my friends is a huge difference to any real Texans fan. A winning record is a first things first type of deal and then the playoffs. Has the Texans play lowered our standers that much that some of us are now blowing off a winning season to just another average season? I guess it has for some folks around here geez, but surely it hasn't for me. The last two seasons have ended in .500 fashtion for this team and it has been a long time coming since the Texans have had their best shot at a winning season as we well know and this is it. Besides the playoffs a winning season is very important to every NFL team it was what I was wanting to see from the Texans this season as everything bulids upon that factor going into next season IMO. A postive note is much better going into next season rather than just an average note regardless of wether or not everything falls into place on Sunday and they do reach the playoffs or not if you know what I mean. I do not have tickets for the game on Sunday but have been invited to join some tailgate groups aroud the stadium in the the biggest badest tailgating city the NFL has and barring no rain I plan on doing so. I will still either hear or watch the game somewhare outside the stadium hopefully and I'd like to see those who going get there early scream and rock the house for the first single Teaxans winning season ever and if everything goes right the freaking playoffs regardless of my stance on the HC and what not I know I'll be loud and proud come this Sunday and hope all Texans fans are. A lot of thought went into this post so I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by gary; 12-30-2009 at 03:55 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 9-7 Does Not Matter?

I want 9-7 whether we go to the playoffs or not. I want the Texans to get used to being winners.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanna win, period.
Old 12-30-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I want 9-7 whether we go to the playoffs or not. I want the Texans to get used to being winners.
Amen.
Old 12-30-2009   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary, I always enjoy your post!! I just try to stay positive. A 9-7 season is what I predicted the beginning of the season, and to me that is progress, and progress is a positive thing. Sign up the vets we have that are worth keeping, have another positive draft, and solidify a couple weak holes, and we SHOULD be ready to rock the NFL next year. I'm saddened by the "almost" games we lost, but, that is hindsight, over and done with, and I'm ready to move forward.

I will be there Sunday, haven't missed a home game yet, and I'll do some more damage to my vocal cords. Eight years of Bullpen fandom has taken it's toll on my voice, as well as my old body. lol BUT, I'll be there doing my part to rock Reliant and help our boys make this a winning season. As for the playoffs, I don't even think about that. If it happens GREAT, if not, then so be it. I'll just get ready for next year. I'm sincerely thankful, and very happy, I have a hometown football team to root for. THey are MINE, win, lose, or draw, and that my dear friend, is what being a fan is all about.

Hope to see ya Sunday!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #6
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh no. I sense a 25-page thread about our head coach coming. I'm burned out on that discussion.

Just for the record: yes, 9-7 is important. I just think some of us don't want to get our hopes up too high. If it happens, great. If not, that's great, too, because we weren't expecting it.

Yep, that's what this team has done to us.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

This fanbase should be finished hoping the team tanks games for better draft position. We've got talent and an ability to find impact players in the middle of the 1st round. Its time we hope to WIN as much as possible every season.

Not to mention we're still in the freaking playoff hunt!!! We go 9-7 and we not only have our first winning season but we will still be in the hunt until 2 out of 3 teams ahead of us win their games. If that doesn't happen then we get into the playoffs with a 9-7 record... I'd say that matters A LOT!!!
Old 12-30-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Oh no. I sense a 25-page thread about our head coach coming. I'm burned out on that discussion.

Just for the record: yes, 9-7 is important. I just think some of us don't want to get our hopes up too high. If it happens, great. If not, that's great, too, because we weren't expecting it.

Yep, that's what this team has done to us.
Do not exspect it that's fine but do not say there isn't any difference between an 8-8 season and a winning season when there is.
Old 12-30-2009   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

9-7 definitely does matter. I want to be respected.
Old 12-30-2009   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Gary, I always enjoy your post!! I just try to stay positive. A 9-7 season is what I predicted the beginning of the season, and to me that is progress, and progress is a positive thing. Sign up the vets we have that are worth keeping, have another positive draft, and solidify a couple weak holes, and we SHOULD be ready to rock the NFL next year. I'm saddened by the "almost" games we lost, but, that is hindsight, over and done with, and I'm ready to move forward.

I will be there Sunday, haven't missed a home game yet, and I'll do some more damage to my vocal cords. Eight years of Bullpen fandom has taken it's toll on my voice, as well as my old body. lol BUT, I'll be there doing my part to rock Reliant and help our boys make this a winning season. As for the playoffs, I don't even think about that. If it happens GREAT, if not, then so be it. I'll just get ready for next year. I'm sincerely thankful, and very happy, I have a hometown football team to root for. THey are MINE, win, lose, or draw, and that my dear friend, is what being a fan is all about.

Hope to see ya Sunday!!
Unleash the Grumpy Ole Woman!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Lots of folks have disparaged a 9-7 record around here, but right now there are five 8-7 AFC teams that are competing for two wildcard spots. Both of those spots will most likely be taken by 9-7 teams. That - and the winning record thing - is the difference between 9-7 and 8-8.
Old 12-30-2009   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

ummmmm do to my 0-2 record when attending games this year...the fans here threatened to flatten my tires if i got tickets....

Hey I was 2-0 last year.

I am going to get BWW and eat it I am 4-0 when eating at or getting them and taking home.
Wife is getting told to go away..... she is not going to exist that day. She is pissed because she is now a football widow.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take 9-7 and all the hype for next year.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Unleash the Grumpy Ole Woman!!
I gotta see her Sunday.
Old 12-30-2009   #15
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

My UserName speaks for itself.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Very good Username.
Old 12-30-2009   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I gotta see her Sunday.
I'm cheerin up!! Last night at work TONIGHT, then off for 4 nights!! YEA!! I won't be grumpy on Sunday!! DRUNK maybe, but, not grumpy. I'm a HAPPY drunk!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Do not exspect it that's fine but do not say there isn't any difference between an 8-8 season and a winning season when there is.
I think maybe if we beat the real Patriots on sunday we can be happy for a winning season but if our first winning season comes from the Patriots playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers it would be kind of blah. I don't want anything handed to us. I want them to play their starters for 4 quarters and the Texans go out and earn their first winning season. That my fellow fans is something we could brag about.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I'm cheerin up!! Last night at work TONIGHT, then off for 4 nights!! YEA!! I won't be grumpy on Sunday!! DRUNK maybe, but, not grumpy. I'm a HAPPY drunk!!
Thank God!!!
Old 12-30-2009   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7 is better than 8-8. But, 10-6 would have been much, much nicer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read