Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2009   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default One of Two Things Is Going to Happen Sunday

Scenario 1:

12:00 - Andre is hungry. Matt wants it. DeMeco can feel it. The Patriots don't stand a chance. This is their time to prove everyone wrong. They like Kubes and want him to stay...the playoffs is the way to do it. They KNOW they've flopped in big games too many times this season. It's here and now. They win and they're riding high.

Then come the 3 o'clock games. Oakland pulls the upset, but KC can't get it done.

7:30 rolls around...the Jets can taste it, the playoffs are theirs. But Cincy can't resist the urge to play the Texans again.

11:00 is here and it's official. THE TEXANS ARE IN.

Scenario 2: (The reverse time scenario)

10:30 - The Jets have done it. They've won and they're in.

4:00 - Miraculously...the Raiders AND Chiefs have pulled off the upset. The door has been laid wide-open for the Texans' final game. They had control of their own destiny, AND:

3:30 - The Texans can't believe it. Another heartbreaking loss. Oh well...here's to next year. Not like 2 of those teams will lose anyways, right?

I'm praying for a scenario 1 or similar...but man, I know Houston football, and I think we're all subconsciously waiting for scenario 2.

Even though none of us will prepare for the heartbreak...as usual.

TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One of Two Things Is Going to Happen Sunday

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!...and, oh yeah, circle the wagons.

I've let my mind wander a few times this week to think about what it would be like to a) have our first winning record, and b) the cards fall right and we sneak into the playoffs.

I hope for all of this, and Texans fans would be going crazy for it.

But honestly, I'm cynical and expect another 8-8 season. I hate that, but I hate the feeling of being let down by our hometown football team, so it's a protective measure to expect/prepare for the worst.
Old 12-29-2009   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

honestly

I think by the 3rd Q after seeing hey the texans are hitting hard Pats say screw this we dont feel like playing anymore

we win

I seriously think the Jets wipp up on CIncy but Cincy plays hard 2 at home for there fans ..i have no idea who winz this one

I think the ravens are a good team they crush the raiders on the road this is teh RAVENS TEH RAVENS PEOPLE the radiers have no chance

who know what KC is going 2 do there playing at denver right so yeah thats not good for our chances

i really think 1 team we need to lose will lose but the other 2 will not
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #4
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Scenario 1:

12:00 - Andre is hungry. Matt wants it. DeMeco can feel it. The Patriots don't stand a chance. This is their time to prove everyone wrong. They like Kubes and want him to stay...the playoffs is the way to do it. They KNOW they've flopped in big games too many times this season. It's here and now. They win and they're riding high.

Then come the 3 o'clock games. Oakland pulls the upset, but KC can't get it done.

7:30 rolls around...the Jets can taste it, the playoffs are theirs. But Cincy can't resist the urge to play the Texans again.

11:00 is here and it's official. THE TEXANS ARE IN.

Scenario 2: (The reverse time scenario)

10:30 - The Jets have done it. They've won and they're in.

4:00 - Miraculously...the Raiders AND Chiefs have pulled off the upset. The door has been laid wide-open for the Texans' final game. They had control of their own destiny, AND:

3:30 - The Texans can't believe it. Another heartbreaking loss. Oh well...here's to next year. Not like 2 of those teams will lose anyways, right?

I'm praying for a scenario 1 or similar...but man, I know Houston football, and I think we're all subconsciously waiting for scenario 2.

Even though none of us will prepare for the heartbreak...as usual.

What the Texans deserve is probably losing a tie-breaker due to the fact we should not be in this situation to begin with.

What I hope is that we can pull out the win and get the help and put all of the frustration behind us.

What to bet on is that we lose and so does everyone else so that all we needed to do was win at home to get in.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

The Texans can only decide what happens against the Patriots.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The pessimist in me is saying:

Jets beat Bengals
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

The optimist in me says:

Bengals beat Jets
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans
Old 12-29-2009   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Jets beat Bengals
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

The optimist in me says:

Bengals beat Jets
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans
Damn it must be hard fighting that internal struggle!
Old 12-29-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Damn! I'm still giggling. That was pretty funny.

*Dang, gotta spread the Rep. Can someone hit'em up for me? *still giggling*
Old 12-29-2009   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I sure do hope something breaks our way. This city needs to see the Texans in the playoffs. Even if they go one and done it will go a long way towards forgetting about the crappy start to this franchise and give us tangible hope for the future. None of that, "Well at least we looked better in our losses!!!" crap we've gotten so used to hearing during our time improving from terrible to average.
Old 12-29-2009   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX

Jets beat Bengals
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

The optimist in me says:

Bengals beat Jets
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

Quote:
I know how he feels. It's tough sometimes to get all the voices to shut up so I can think.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I know how he feels. It's tough sometimes to get all the voices to shut up so I can think.

Glad I'm not the only one. And shuddup Sean Connery, you weren't invited to this discussion.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My plan (providing the Texans win) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out until morning without watching any other game or highlights. I will either wake up happy or extremely hungover and pissed off depending on the what the radio tells me.

My plan (if the Texans lose) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out while watching other games. I will wake extremely hungover and pissed off.
Old 12-29-2009   #13
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

The Texans can only decide what happens against the Patriots.
Funny you say that as I am a substance abuse counselor and started this thread at work.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #14
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just got him for ya.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
My plan (providing the Texans win) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out until morning without watching any other game or highlights. I will either wake up happy or extremely hungover and pissed off depending on the what the radio tells me.

My plan (if the Texans lose) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out while watching other games. I will wake extremely hungover and pissed off.
That sounds like my plan every Sunday during football season!

I need a Jim Beam smiley...
Old 12-29-2009   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:

I hit him up for you.
Old 12-29-2009   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That sounds like my plan every Sunday during football season!

I need a Jim Beam smiley...
It's been mine for 89 home games and a couple of roadies so far. Why would I change now??
Old 12-29-2009   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I just got him for ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I hit him up for you.
Thanks for the rep Guys!
Old 12-29-2009   #19
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Curses! Curses! Why oh why are our chances being dependent on the worst teams in the NFL! We have a curse I tell you! A curse!
Old 12-29-2009   #20
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing you can say about this Texans team anyway... if they do manage to squeak into the playoffs, nobody is going to consider them a pushover. One and done is not automatic, when they play well they can play with anyone. In the playoffs they won't be able to get by only playing one half though.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read