Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-28-2009   #1
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2009 Independence Bowl

If you like offensive football, you should love watching this game. If you like solid defense, I'd turn away. This game should be high scoring by both sides, judging how both defenses are respectively awful. I'll be at the game in Shreveport so I won't be keeping up with everything in here, just wanted to get a thread going for others who may be watching.

My prediction: 45-42 UGA

Gig 'em Aggies, and BTHO UGA!!! WHOOP!
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 Independence Bowl

I'm heading out of my office around 3:30 to catch it. Friends of mine living in Shreveport are going.
Old 12-28-2009   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Terrible time for a game. 4:00pm on a Monday? It's hard enough getting off early to watch it on tv let alone travel to shreveport and back.

In any event, hope you see an exciting game and the good guys come out on top. I'll say 45-42 Aggies!!!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

About to head out to watch with my Aggie wife and our Aggie friends. If the Ags win I have to wear her Aggie Snuggie to work, and if they lose she has to wear a Longhorn Snuggie on the day of the BCS Championship game.
Old 12-28-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
About to head out to watch with my Aggie wife and our Aggie friends. If the Ags win I have to wear her Aggie Snuggie to work, and if they lose she has to wear a Longhorn Snuggie on the day of the BCS Championship game.
Gig 'em!!

Oh yeah, and you must post pictures here.
Old 12-28-2009   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

We timed our flights terribly. We are leaving from Greensboro in an hour and will be in the air for most of the game. We have the game recording, so will have to avoid all news on the way home from the airport.

Gig 'em Aggies!!!
Old 12-28-2009   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
We timed our flights terribly. We are leaving from Greensboro in an hour and will be in the air for most of the game. We have the game recording, so will have to avoid all news on the way home from the airport.

Gig 'em Aggies!!!
I'll root them on for you .
Old 12-28-2009   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

To hell with Georgia
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #9
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
My prediction: 45-42 UGA
Hmmm...either you haven't seen enough UGA or I haven't seen enough TAMU. I'll be pulling for Georgia, but I predict they will lose by double digits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
To hell with Georgia
Since there is no FU and the horse you rode in on smiley, I shall settle for

Go Dawgs!!!
Old 12-28-2009   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Hmmm...either you haven't seen enough UGA or I haven't seen enough TAMU. I'll be pulling for Georgia, but I predict they will lose by double digits.

Since there is no FU and the horse you rode in on smiley, I shall settle for

Go Dawgs!!!
UGA's replacement is fat!!
Old 12-28-2009   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Ags finally moving the ball. Amazing how a few weeks off can mess with a teams timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2009   #12
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez...I blew that one. WTF happened to the team that played Texas?
Old 12-28-2009   #13
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Teams outside the Big 12 have something called Defenses.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #14
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Special teams...

Nah, Georgia came out and just beat us around. Our special teams were dreadful and Jerrod was just off on some passes that could of helped but all credit must go to Georgia!

All in all, I had a good time at the game, just checking in before I head out again and party the night away with my buds and some UGA folks we met up with before the game.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Gig 'em Aggies!!!
I think this will help you enjoy this game .

Old 12-28-2009   #16
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

The Ags have shown a tendancy to implode at times. I will chalk that up to youth. The special teams was special ed. in a hardcore kinda way. That broke the Aggies back and led to their downfall. I wouldn't want to be ATM's special teams coach. I think he might want to update that resume...except leave off the last half of the season.

I fully expect ATM to be top 25 next season and hang around there for years to come.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Gig 'em!!

Oh yeah, and you must post pictures here.
The wife lost the bet, but I seriously doubt she will pony up.
Old 12-29-2009   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Rivalry games have their own life, the UT game is always an emotional one for the Ags. The greater the odds for them, the harder those farmers fight.
Old 12-29-2009   #19
TD
TT Huckaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The wife lost the bet, but I seriously doubt she will pony up.
Give me a head shot....she'll pony up in cyberspace.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read