Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2009   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Injuries

I didn't hear the postgame, Did anyone mention the injuries? I know Barber left the game early.
Old 12-27-2009   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Injuries

barber is a pretty big step up on busing imo (not saying that much) his injury seemed to coincide with miami finally going deep with busing arriving late alot of the time
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #3
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss Eugene Wilson.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #4
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
barber is a pretty big step up on busing imo (not saying that much) his injury seemed to coincide with miami finally going deep with busing arriving late alot of the time
Busing is Matt Stevens brother. Together they make up Slow and Slower.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I didn't hear the postgame, Did anyone mention the injuries? I know Barber left the game early.
anybody? anything? losing 34 could be the end of our season. Busing is that bad. I'm appalled that HT.com has this shitty of coverage after a game like today.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #6
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

^^^lol season ends next week.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
anybody? anything? losing 34 could be the end of our season. Busing is that bad. I'm appalled that HT.com has this shitty of coverage after a game like today.
Most weeks we don't get a fresh injury update until Kubes' press conference, so nothing has changed
Old 12-27-2009   #8
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://twitter.com/thetexans/status/7099077628

Quote:
Safety Dominique Barber is out with a hamstring injury.
Last I've seen, hamstring could be a multi-week deal though I am afraid...besides is a hamstrung Barber that much faster than a healthy Busing?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
^^^lol season ends next week.
I'm at a loss for which smartass response I should use. I'll get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Most weeks we don't get a fresh injury update until Kubes' press conference, so nothing has changed
where was the post game presser? Usually you'll get an "Barber's got a "leg"". Or "Barber got dinged but I think he's okay. He's just banged up."

At least some insight into what area the injury is. "Finger" would make me feel better than "head". You know?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

where was the post game presser? Usually you'll get an "Barber's got a "leg"". Or "Barber got dinged but I think he's okay. He's just banged up."

At least some insight into what area the injury is. "Finger" would make me feel better than "head". You know?
Yeah..I get what you are wanting, but away games are dicier than home games, so until 3:30 ish on Monday, nothng new is probably going to come out.
Old 12-27-2009   #11
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Haha alright, I'm waiting!

I'm sorry I dont see this team making the playoffs. Not my fault! Sorry this team cant play 4 quarters. Not my fault! Sorry Kubiak makes dumb coaching and personal decisions. Not my fault! Sorry this team dropped 4 games in a row when it mattered most. Not my fault!

I'm sorry I'm not Gary Kubiak(or Tracy McGrady). It's not on me. It's not my fault.

Last edited by J_R; 12-27-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-27-2009   #12
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Haha alright, I'm waiting!

I'm sorry I dont see this team making the playoffs. Not my fault! Sorry this team cant play 4 quarters. Not my fault! Sorry Kubiak makes dumb coaching and personal decisions. Not my fault! Sorry this team dropped 4 games in a row when it mattered most. Not my fault!

I'm sorry I'm not Gary Kubiak(or Tracy McGrady). It's not on me. It's not my fault.
Cool. I'm assuming you won't watch next week then?
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #13
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not sure about this.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #14
J_R
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
Cool. I'm assuming you won't watch next week then?
Just because I'm being a "negative nancy" as some like to say doesnt mean I wont watch them. Why would you assume that?
Old 12-27-2009   #15
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

per chron Cushing broke his finger, but continued to play

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6788471.html
Old 12-28-2009   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

barbers done for the year. theu're going to bring someone in. troy nolan maybe?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #17
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
per chron Cushing broke his finger, but continued to play

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6788471.html
He's like the T-1000 in Terminator 2... they kept trying to destroy it but it would not die

m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #18
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
barbers done for the year. theu're going to bring someone in. troy nolan maybe?
Pretty sure Nolan was placed on IR before the season started.
Old 12-28-2009   #19
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
He's like the T-1000 in Terminator 2... they kept trying to destroy it but it would not die
Quote:
e. When the Houston trainer was giving Gary Kubiak an injury rundown at halftime of the Texans' game at Miami, he mentioned rookie linebacker Brian Cushing being banged up in the first half. Cushing was hooked up to an IV and winked at Kubiak, as if to say, "I'll be out there. Don't worry.''
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...27/mmqb/4.html
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #20
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68426 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Well many said Cushing is injury prone, he'll never make it a full year what a wasted pick.

Looks to me like they were only half right. Yes he is injury prone, but he is like a timex watch. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

And free safety is BY FAR the worst position on the field now with no Wilson or dare I say Barber who was actually coming on a bit. Not real good but he could at least keep the offense a little honest. I like Busing as a ST guy but not as a guy you want starting. Oy. If we make the playoffs, holy toledo!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read