Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2009   #1
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster

19 carries 97 yards and a TD vs a decent run D. Fools gold or does he have a chance to make an impact next season? If he performs similarly next week will these two games be enough to convince anyone that RB shouldn't be quite the priority we all figured it would be going into the off-season?
Old 12-27-2009   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

I like him. Im not sure if he's a full time starter but him and a healthy and slimmer Slaton could be quite a punch.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #3
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
19 carries 97 yards and a TD vs a decent run D. Fools gold or does he have a chance to make an impact next season? If he performs similarly next week will these two games be enough to convince anyone that RB shouldn't be quite the priority we all figured it would be going into the off-season?
Ron Dayne had a couple of good games for us too. I like him, but I don't think we should stop focusing on a high round running back in the draft
Old 12-27-2009   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Ron Dayne had a couple of good games for us too. I like him, but I don't think we should stop focusing on a high round running back in the draft
Agree'd .... I think the worst thing that can happen is him having another game like this against the Pats ..... then this team thinks they can get by without drafting one on the first day.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57403 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We need a legit starting running back. I like foster as a change of pace and Slaton is more like a Bryan Westbrook type running back.

We need a guy who can get one yard and hang on to the ball and there is not one guy on this squad that is that guy.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Can we PLEASE draft an impact/franchise running back for once?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
We need a legit starting running back. I like foster as a change of pace and Slaton is more like a Bryan Westbrook type running back.

We need a guy who can get one yard and hang on to the ball and there is not one guy on this squad that is that guy.
I think the biggest trouble for the Texans in the running game , especially short yardage is their OL - they just cant get a push up front.

Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2009   #8
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Agree'd .... I think the worst thing that can happen is him having another game like this against the Pats ..... then this team thinks they can get by without drafting one on the first day.
I don't think it would be the worst thing if it helped us get a W but I understand what you mean. I think he could be a solid 2nd or 3rd back and could easily replace Chris Brown as our "big back" but beyond that I'm not sure.
Old 12-27-2009   #9
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think it would be the worst thing if it helped us get a W but I understand what you mean. I think he could be a solid 2nd or 3rd back and could easily replace Chris Brown as our "big back" but beyond that I'm not sure.
I thought Chris Brown was our "crap back"?
Old 12-27-2009   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
I thought Chris Brown was our "crap back"?
How bout that fumble he got away with today ....

Old 12-27-2009   #11
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well this is the way I see it:
Slaton - safe
Moats - Will make it to camp
Foster - Will make it to camp
Brown - DONE! - replaced by a bruiser type rookie in the 2nd round.
Old 12-27-2009   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

It kind of reminds me of the Chris Taylor bandwagon. He put up one good game against the Browns 3 or 4 years back and then the next season everyone wanted him to play, then goes on IR and doesnt take another snap.

Foster looked good today, but the jury is out on him till he can be consistent...which is pretty much the state of the franchise.
Old 12-27-2009   #13
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

We already have our franchise running back. What we need is better interior line play.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #14
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Agreed. Can we PLEASE draft an impact/franchise running back for once?
You mean like last year's third round draft pick?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

also i would like to give props to the o-line, especially chris myers, who did a real nice job of creating holes against a solid front 7 today. foster looks like he may have a future here alright
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #16
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Quote:
How bout that fumble he got away with today ....
I dont remember seeing him back in after that play.
Old 12-27-2009   #17
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
I dont remember seeing him back in after that play.
Hmm he got the first down that ended the game.
Old 12-27-2009   #18
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hmm he got the first down that ended the game.
Chris Brown i mean. I think he went to the bench after his fumble.
Old 12-27-2009   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Arian Foster

Quote:
I think the biggest trouble for the Texans in the running game , especially short yardage is their OL - they just cant get a push up front.
...and all we have is a change of pace back --> Slaton = Moats = Foster
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
also i would like to give props to the o-line, especially chris myers, who did a real nice job of creating holes against a solid front 7 today. foster looks like he may have a future here alright
Huh? No, he doesn't. Miami played like crap. He is more of the same. It's like when Moats had the great game and people said 'he's the one.'

NONE of them are the ONE, maybe part of the whole, but no the ONE.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read