Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2009   #1
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who would you trade...

Ok, I'm sitting here feeling good about a tough win today, watching and cheering for the Colts, and I think about how damn good Peyton Manning is. Like him or not, he may be the best QB ever. Just my opinion. I like to play "what if", so what if the Colts pissed Peyton off and he demanded a trade. Colts GM calls you, the Texans GM, and says he wants to trade you for Manning. Who would you, as Texans GM, offer for Peyton Manning. Be realistic, offer a couple of players or whatever you feel fair.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #2
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you trade...

The Astros
Old 12-27-2009   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Ok, I'm sitting here feeling good about a tough win today, watching and cheering for the Colts, and I think about how damn good Peyton Manning is. Like him or not, he may be the best QB ever. Just my opinion. I like to play "what if", so what if the Colts pissed Peyton off and he demanded a trade. Colts GM calls you, the Texans GM, and says he wants to trade you for Manning. Who would you, as Texans GM, offer for Peyton Manning. Be realistic, offer a couple of players or whatever you feel fair.
did i black out for 6 months with the excitement of playing for the playoffs week 17 and suddenly re-awaken in late may? smh at some people
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Yeah, the Astros plus Tracy McGrady, and maybe the Astrodome, and a 4th round draft pick.
Old 12-27-2009   #5
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
The Astros
I bet Hunter Pence could get 1 yard when we needed it....
Old 12-27-2009   #6
Pollardized
Division Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yeah, the Astros plus Tracy McGrady, and maybe the Astrodome, and a 4th round draft pick.
Colts GM: "We'll take the Astrodome and the trouble moving it, but no way are we taking Tracy McGrady. The Dome could still be useful."
Old 12-27-2009   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I hate to say it, Peyton is one of the best to play the game, with that said they would be crazy to trade him and the Texans would be crazy as well. They would want everything we have. AJ, Ryans, Cushings, Williams, and probably our next two drafts.

I know this board is for what ever anyone wants to talk about, but does everyone dislike Shaub that much? I mean the guy is having a Pro Bowl year, and looks to build on that success next year.

Why can't Shaub get any love????? Especially after we had "He who will not speak of". This team had a QB that was a 3 on a scale of 1-10, and we now have an 7.5 to 8, am I missing something???????
Old 12-27-2009   #8
Pollardized
Division Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
As much as I hate to say it, Peyton is one of the best to play the game, with that said they would be crazy to trade him and the Texans would be crazy as well. They would want everything we have. AJ, Ryans, Cushings, Williams, and probably our next two drafts.

I know this board is for what ever anyone wants to talk about, but does everyone dislike Shaub that much? I mean the guy is having a Pro Bowl year, and looks to build on that success next year.

Why can't Shaub get any love????? Especially after we had "He who will not speak of". This team had a QB that was a 3 on a scale of 1-10, and we now have an 7.5 to 8, am I missing something???????
I agree with you Lou, I like Schaub. I wasn't dissing him. But it would be hard to find someone who would honestly take Schaub over Manning straight up if you were looking for a QB. Peyton has that intangible leadership quality and winning pedigree that the Texans seem to lack at times. I think the Texans match up as good as or better in some cases with the Colts on both sides of the ball. The Colts just seem to have that something extra we don't have. I think Peyton brings alot of that to the team. just my opinion though.
Old 12-27-2009   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with you Lou, I like Schaub. I wasn't dissing him. But it would be hard to find someone who would honestly take Schaub over Manning straight up if you were looking for a QB. Peyton has that intangible leadership quality and winning pedigree that the Texans seem to lack at times. I think the Texans match up as good as or better in some cases with the Colts on both sides of the ball. The Colts just seem to have that something extra we don't have. I think Peyton brings alot of that to the team. just my opinion though.
I agree as much as I have grown to like Shaub my hatred for PM would change dramatically in an instant.

Hey I just thought of something. Everytime the Colts don't pick up a third down Manning get mad, I will now reffer to it as PMS-ing, for Peyton Manning Sniffling!!!!!
Old 12-27-2009   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I like Schaub too, he is our QB for a long time. But Manning is one of the G.O.
A.T., so it'd be hard to pass on him.
Old 12-27-2009   #11
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

We dont need to trade for Peyton Manning we just need to build our own. Obviously he is a robot because he's just too good.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #12
Pollardized
Division Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I agree as much as I have grown to like Shaub my hatred for PM would change dramatically in an instant.

Hey I just thought of something. Everytime the Colts don't pick up a third down Manning get mad, I will now reffer to it as PMS-ing, for Peyton Manning Sniffling!!!!!
LMAO. But think about it this way: Peyton expects to convert every time, and gets mad when they don't; The Texans hope to convert and seem to just accept the results without much emotion.
Old 12-27-2009   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not much.
Peyton's in his, what? 11th year?
How long would it take him to adjust to our offense? We don't run that okie-doke offense they run. Installing the Colts' offense here would take even longer.

And how long would it take for him to click with A.J. or O.D. or K.W.

Hell, how many games would it take for our O-line not to false start every time Manning starts his arm flappin' at the LOS...?

So, not much... Dunta Robinson, straight up. They need quality CBs, Dunta thinks he's one. And some of the talking heads agree that he's pretty good - not shutdown quality but pretty good.

Not to mention, in your scenario, Peyton is sooo pissed there's no way he's going back to Indy. So either they make the trade or he sits out the season. Why should I pay a king's ransom for someone who would rather sit out the remainder of their contract than play?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #14
Pollardized
Division Champ

Good thoughts Obsi.... I just can't help but imagine AJ with Peyton throwing to him.
Old 12-27-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good thoughts Obsi.... I just can't help but imagine AJ with Peyton throwing to him.
I forgot one. I don't want to give them too much since any weapon(s)/picks I trade for Manning helps a division rival.

And that's probably why a call to Rick Smith would have to be a desperation move. Why would they help us by upgrading our QB position.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #16
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

If AJ had Manning throwing to him for all, or most, of his career, it is scary to think what kind of numbers he would have at the end of his career. Maybe a lot of records broken.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #17
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
i don't think i could let go of that 4th round pick.
Old 12-27-2009   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

be funny to hear Pay-me-a-ton talk about how he can't audible under Kubiak LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #19
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

You could have Peyton along with 10 rookies on offense and you would still have a good shot at winning every week. Peyton with only Garcon and Collie is still better than most of the league.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #20
Pollardized
Division Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
be funny to hear Pay-me-a-ton talk about how he can't audible under Kubiak LOL
peyton would just foreHEAD-BUTT kubiak on the sideline and audible anyway...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read