Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2009   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57959 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This game (Miami) will show what this team and coach is made of.

Since the birth of this franchise we have never had a chance at making the playoffs this late in the season. I know there is very little chance of us actually making it but we have to aproach this game like its a playoff game.

I have been on the fire Kubiak bandwagon for awhile now but I will back off if we come out and play at a high intensity with a good game plan and Kubiak calls a solid game. Win or loose I want to see how this team is prepared for this type of atmosphere and how well Kubiak handles managing the game and the pressure.

I really hope we do well and Kubiak proves me wrong.
Old 12-26-2009   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This game (Miami) will show what this team and coach is made of.

Nice post. We play our first meaningful game this late in the season in franchise history.

No matter what our playoff chances are if we win we give ourselves a chance.

The dominoes can fall our way we just have to make sure we take care of business.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #3
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

First and foremost I'm obviously on the Pro-Kubiak bandwagon. Irrigardless of our record, this is the best this team has ever played. I agree with you that this is where I will decide whether Kubes keeps my support or not. If our Texans show up ready to WIN like they did for about half the season, I will be happy playoffs or not. If we show up beaten before the first snap ala the Jets or second Jags game than my support of Kubiak will drop like a football out of Steve Slaton's hands. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our team realizes what's at stake and plays 60 minutes of football at 100%
Old 12-26-2009   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

@INDy-L
bye
vs Tenn-L
vs Indy-L
@jags- L

this pretty much shows us what are team is made of

we cant win more then 1 divison game r u SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

What worries me is that when we get into these situations with other teams, the other team always seem to "want it more" and steps up and snatches the win. The sense I get is that the Dolphins really need this win. If so, they might claw and scratch to get it.

We'll see. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be rooting for the Texans regardless.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #6
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

(Not directed at the OP but in general) So is this the biggest game in franchise history or biggest game of the season? What about a statement game?

Where have I heard that before? Every week seemed to be statement week or the biggest game in/of the franichse/season. I think we toss those terms around a little too much.

So what are we going to call it when we one day make the playoffs and lord willing the super bowl one day. Then those will become the biggest games in season AND franchise history, right?
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Since the birth of this franchise we have never had a chance at making the playoffs this late in the season. I know there is very little chance of us actually making it but we have to aproach this game like its a playoff game.

I have been on the fire Kubiak bandwagon for awhile now but I will back off if we come out and play at a high intensity with a good game plan and Kubiak calls a solid game. Win or loose I want to see how this team is prepared for this type of atmosphere and how well Kubiak handles managing the game and the pressure.

I really hope we do well and Kubiak proves me wrong.
I don't wanna be the Debbie downer but this team showed us what they were made of in the month of November.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2009   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
@INDy-L
bye
vs Tenn-L
vs Indy-L
@jags- L

this pretty much shows us what are team is made of

we cant win more then 1 divison game r u SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, our division is a *****. we are held to a greater standard by our fans and our division rivals. Don't know which is worse.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Seriously, our division is a *****. we are held to a greater standard by our fans and our division rivals. Don't know which is worse.
A tough division is no excuse. Look at the NFC East.

Old 12-26-2009   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I don't wanna be the Debbie downer but this team showed us what they were made of in the month of November.
Also, I believe I read this post last year if I'm not mistaken.

Not that there's anything wrong with rootin' for the Texans. I know I do.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The HC, coaches and players should be playing this game (and the next) as though their jobs depended on it. Unfortunately, most of them, including the HC pretty well KNOW that THEY AREN'T.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This game (Miami) will show what this team and coach is made of.
Kidding, right? Everything the Texans currently are hinged on a Monday night vs Tennessee. I thought that was a given. If you need more proof as a Texan fan I hope you don't get it...lol.
Old 12-26-2009   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A tough division is no excuse. Look at the NFC East.
Wasn't making an excuse at all. You play the cards your dealt. We will see the NFC east soon enough. Say we go 3-1 against the nfc east and 2-4 against our division? Will you say our division is a ***** then? Our division is still one step ahead of us in terms of talent and coaching. When we top our division we will be elite because our division is elite. Jax, ind, and tenn are better us. All there is too it.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The HC, coaches and players should be playing this game (and the next) as though their jobs depended on it. Unfortunately, most of them, including the HC pretty well KNOW that THEY AREN'T.
Reality is like asking the aliens to their face if they actually exist. Unless you ask them on their spaceship, itís rather pointless.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #15
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah so did the Steelers and they won a superbowl last year. Hell how many teams in the AFC are under 9 wins? We are missing some important peices and still playing. I think we can pull this one out. Go TEXANS!
Old 12-26-2009   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Kidding, right? Everything the Texans currently are hinged on a Monday night vs Tennessee. I thought that was a given. If you need more proof as a Texan fan I hope you don't get it...lol.
You are correct. The Monday night game was the biggest game this year, hands down. That loss really sucked the life out of a lot of fans.
Old 12-26-2009   #17
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
You are correct. The Monday night game was the biggest game this year, hands down. That loss really sucked the life out of a lot of fans.
Yea it was a heartwrenching loss but if fans stopped watching and supporting the Texans because of it then good riddance bandwagon fans.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Wasn't making an excuse at all. You play the cards your dealt. We will see the NFC east soon enough. Say we go 3-1 against the nfc east and 2-4 against our division? Will you say our division is a ***** then? Our division is still one step ahead of us in terms of talent and coaching. When we top our division we will be elite because our division is elite. Jax, ind, and tenn are better us. All there is too it.
If we don't toughen up our interior line and get a run game we could be going 6-10 next year.

Old 12-26-2009   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Yeah so did the Steelers and they won a superbowl last year. Hell how many teams in the AFC are under 9 wins? We are missing some important peices and still playing. I think we can pull this one out. Go TEXANS!
BFD. I don't see what that matters. If you ask me this season hurts more BECAUSE the playoffs won't take 11 wins like many people thought.

Agreed on the GO TEXANS rah rah, but the rest of it is rationalization HOF material.
Old 12-26-2009   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Bull****. No, that's not all there is to it.

First, no way do we go 3-1 against the NFC East. Do you know what teams are in that division? Dallas, Philly, Washington, and NY Giants. That is a VERY TOUGH DIVISION. Those teams are extremely competitive and tough, and we are going to struggle against them.

Secondly, Jax and Tenn are not better than us. Especially not this year. I am SICK AND TIRED of the "our division is tough" excuse. Ok, it's tough. So freaking what? And it is not the toughest in the NFL, as it has been in the past.

The attitude of "Jax, Ind and Tenn are better than us" is why we're last in the division every year. It's not true that we're the worst team in the division, and yet we think we are, and that's how we play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read