Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Last Chance in Miami....

This is it. This is the last opportunity for Kubiak to prove he can get these guys to pull it together, & win a "big game." I know he has missed several opportunities that would have allowed us to control our own destiny, but that ship (those ships) have sailed.

If we win this game we will most likely not make the play-offs anyway.

But if we lose, even that sliver of hope dies, along with the opportunity to finish with our first winning record, Regardless if we lose by 1 point, or 15.

I know where you "pink soapers" stand.... for all you others, would that be the final nail in the Kubiak coffin? Will you change sides?

If not, why not?
Old 12-22-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Last Chance in Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know where you "pink soapers" stand.... for all you others, would that be the final nail in the Kubiak coffin? Will you change sides?

If not, why not?
I'll not change my mind on being against hiring another damn noobie head coach. And as I've said all along, if they can get themselves a proven HC, they should do it right now. I won't budge on those two stances no matter what happens in the next two weeks.

But I just might be cussing Kubes a lot more if I don't like what I see.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This is it. This is the last opportunity for Kubiak to prove he can get these guys to pull it together, & win a "big game." I know he has missed several opportunities that would have allowed us to control our own destiny, but that ship (those ships) have sailed.

If we win this game we will most likely not make the play-offs anyway.

But if we lose, even that sliver of hope dies, along with the opportunity to finish with our first winning record, Regardless if we lose by 1 point, or 15.

If not, why not?
Not for me it won't. There are too many mitigating factors that I've typed several times in several different threads, so forgive me if I skip that part.

Also, I don't buy arguments that suggest that so and so beat so and so, who beat us.

The NFL is liquid and changes week to week. St. Louis beat Detroit who beat Washington (4-10) and Cleveland (3-11). Now, if Washington beat Denver and Cleveland beat Pittsburgh, does that mean St. Louis is better than Denver and Pittsburgh?? Hardly.

Someone mentioned the Falcons being 7-7 also in another thread. What they didn't mention is that they started the season off 4-1 and have gone 3-6 since. Are they trending up or trending down??
Old 12-22-2009   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on how he manages the game. If he comes out with a good gameplan and the players piss it away with dropped TD passes and fumbles in the red zone, I can't really point the finger at Kubiak.

If he comes out running the HB option I'm going pink soap on his ass.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Depends on how he manages the game. If he comes out with a good gameplan and the players piss it away with dropped TD passes and fumbles in the red zone, I can't really point the finger at Kubiak.
If he comes out running the HB option I'm going pink soap on his ass.
Around here, that's still on the coach.
Old 12-22-2009   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has already coached this team in 62 regular season games. If you don't have your mind made up on what you are looking at then game number 63 isn't going to put much of a dent in your fan bumper. I could see this game going either way and I'd give the edge to the Texans since I thought that the Texans were the better team the last time they played as well. A winning record doesn't mean anything to most fans for your typical NFL franchise. I think that most fans of the league are competitive people on balance and that's why they are all so tough on perpetual losers. It's hard watching Kubiak squirm and it was hard watching Jack Pardee squirm. Both enormously nice guys and you feel bad for these guys, but they took the job and they knew it would get rough if they didn't win. At least those checks cash.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ok let me put this in a way some people can better understand.

Let's say I'm a supervisor at a company. I go out and do a good job identifying people who fit well with how I run things. I selected them out, trained them, and prepared them well as I thought I possibly could.

So I got my guys and they're ready to make a sales pitch for a lucrative deal. They end up bungling the deal pretty bad and blows the chance for the company. Sure once it IS on them. Let's say though I continue to retain them and put them out on lucrative sales pitches and one or two of them blow the deal continuing to cost the company.

If the company owner and investors come to me looking for answers knowing these are my guys, and the answer I give out is well... you know this is a good group of kids and their failure to produce results "is on me".

Do you think I'm going to or deserve to stick around long?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2009   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'll not change my mind on being against hiring another damn noobie head coach. And as I've said all along, if they can get themselves a proven HC, they should do it right now. I won't budge on those two stances no matter what happens in the next two weeks.

But I just might be cussing Kubes a lot more if I don't like what I see.
This.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #9
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

Actually, you would probably be promoted.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok let me put this in a way that fits my viewpoint and completely ignores any other arguments.
fixed.
Old 12-22-2009   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak
Quote:
Ok let me put this in a way that fits my viewpoint and completely ignores any other arguments.
fixed.
Glass houses, etc.
Old 12-22-2009   #12
JMacaroni
On the bubble

Rep Power: 280 JMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respected

Stand firm. It's progressing slowly, but maybe it'll be a dynasty. Changing now will ruin alot of what is built.
JMacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If he loses he's a bum, if he wins it is win it doesn't matter. What's the point? We all have made up our minds, it's up to the business man who OWNS a nfl franchise. No matter what we are still here. Good luck texans.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Kubiak has already coached this team in 62 regular season games. If you don't have your mind made up on what you are looking at then game number 63 isn't going to put much of a dent in your fan bumper. I could see this game going either way and I'd give the edge to the Texans since I thought that the Texans were the better team the last time they played as well. A winning record doesn't mean anything to most fans for your typical NFL franchise. think that most fans of the league are competitive people on balance and that's why they are all so tough on perpetual losers. It's hard watching Kubiak squirm and it was hard watching Jack Pardee squirm. Both enormously nice guys and you feel bad for these guys, but they took the job and they knew it would get rough if they didn't win. At least those checks cash.
To better stimulate maximal EFFORT in the last 2 games:

The Texans need to buy 2 cattle prods with instructions included.

Every time a player screws up, the first prod which is given to Kubiak will be applied to the offending individual.

Every time a player screws up, the second prod which is given to McNair will be applied to Kubiak.

Chances are that all will quickly adapt a new winning attitide............or, at least, a fried ass to remind them for a while that they fell short.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not for me it won't. There are too many mitigating factors that I've typed several times in several different threads, so forgive me if I skip that part.

Also, I don't buy arguments that suggest that so and so beat so and so, who beat us.

The NFL is liquid and changes week to week. St. Louis beat Detroit who beat Washington (4-10) and Cleveland (3-11). Now, if Washington beat Denver and Cleveland beat Pittsburgh, does that mean St. Louis is better than Denver and Pittsburgh?? Hardly.

Someone mentioned the Falcons being 7-7 also in another thread. What they didn't mention is that they started the season off 4-1 and have gone 3-6 since. Are they trending up or trending down??
AMEN!! So tired of hearing "Well, x beat Y, and we beat x, so we're better than Y."

It's ridiculus.

Rep.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And that's the part that befuddles me. Why aren't the players being held accountable??
Boggles my mind.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacaroni View Post
Stand firm. It's progressing slowly, but maybe it'll be a dynasty. Changing now will ruin alot of what is built.
hmmm...?
when he said "stand firm" was he talking about that avatar or the topic.
Old 12-22-2009   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan
Quote:
And that's the part that befuddles me. Why aren't the players being held accountable??
Boggles my mind.
You haven't seen Chris/Kris Brown, the entire offensive line, Schaub, the entire defensive line, Fumbles Slaton, and Andre "The Whiner" Johnson, among others being called out as well as Kubiak?

I'm not only befuddled and boggled, but also bemused.
Old 12-22-2009   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Ok let me put this in a way some people can better understand.

Let's say I'm a supervisor at a company. I go out and do a good job identifying people who fit well with how I run things. I selected them out, trained them, and prepared them well as I thought I possibly could.

So I got my guys and they're ready to make a sales pitch for a lucrative deal. They end up bungling the deal pretty bad and blows the chance for the company. Sure once it IS on them. Let's say though I continue to retain them and put them out on lucrative sales pitches and one or two of them blow the deal continuing to cost the company.

If the company owner and investors come to me looking for answers knowing these are my guys, and the answer I give out is well... you know this is a good group of kids and their failure to produce results "is on me".

first of all, they'd have to lose those deals to some sort of opposition because no matter the product, there's always someone else selling it (unless you're the NFL). Think about it, if you're the only game in town, no matter how sucky your sales pitch is, the customers who have a need for what you're selling have no where else to go.

So your younguns would have to lose those sales to other companies.

At this point, the first question you should ask is: Is your product as good as you think it is or is the opposition's product just plain better?

Maybe that's the real problem. You're the sales mgr. You know that your sales force is working their butts off. You have them schooled up, down, and sideways on your product.

But, honestly, compared to the elite companies in your industry, your product is "just okay" and your potential customers want "Elite". Maybe your product line needs a couple of new additions to get into Elite class.

And the owner and investors need to be honest enough with themselves to put the blame where it belongs - on themselves for not spending enough to be the best in their industry.
Old 12-22-2009   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You haven't seen Chris/Kris Brown, the entire offensive line, Schaub, the entire defensive line, Fumbles Slaton, and Andre "The Whiner" Johnson, among others being called out as well as Kubiak?

I'm not only befuddled and boggled, but also bemused.
No. Sorry. I have to confess that I stayed away during the losing stretch. I try not to post in anger. And I was plenty pissed for about a month. So no posting.

But I'm glad to hear that. They needed to be called out. They didn't "answer the bell" when the time came.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read