Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2009   #1
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kris Brown

Why is he still a Texan? I see Nick Folk just got cut from Dallas and signed Shaun Suisham....please don't sign Nick Folk!!!
Old 12-21-2009   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kris Brown

Because it's Krismiss time. This is his season.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #3
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I was researching to see if there were any younger Gramatica's on the horizon, or if Steve Christie has a son out there now kicking....someone other than Kris Brown.
Old 12-21-2009   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74123 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

What round do good kickers typically get drafted in? Hunter Lawrence can make clutch FG's, I want him. Might also help us get some support from Austin.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Folk got cut? Damn. I didn't know that. Give Jerry Jones some credit for doing what needs to be done, I suppose.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan
Nick Folk got cut? Damn. I didn't know that. Give Jerry Jones some credit for doing what needs to be done, I suppose.
I'm sure Kris Brown will be evaluated in the off-season. There is no reason to rush such decisions with this team.
Old 12-21-2009   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I'm sure Kris Brown will be evaluated in the off-season. There is no reason to rush such decisions with this team.
Heaven forbid the Texans actually do something about an underperforming player during the season. We'll just wait until the offseason - as usual.

Give me a break.
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2009   #8
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

please get hunter lawrence
SteveSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, a Pro Bowl kicker cut??? Then what's Kris Brown doing in a Texans uni?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes was asked today on his show on 610am about Kris Brown and his words were that the " Texans have a lot invested in Kris and he is our kicker." So I looked up his contract and forgot he signed an extention during the summer and now I understand why we haven't looked for a new kicker yet. McNair doesn't want to waste anymore money on another kicker while he has one on the roster threw 2013 and the $2.5 million guranteed.

6/18/2009: Signed a four-year, $10 million contract. The deal includes $2.5 million guaranteed. 2009-2012: Under Contract, 2013: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NfL&id=1611
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #11
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
Kubes was asked today on his show on 610am about Kris Brown and his words were that the " Texans have a lot invested in Kris and he is our kicker." So I looked up his contract and forgot he signed an extention during the summer and now I understand why we haven't looked for a new kicker yet. McNair doesn't want to waste anymore money on another kicker while he has one on the roster threw 2013 and the $2.5 million guranteed.

6/18/2009: Signed a four-year, $10 million contract. The deal includes $2.5 million guaranteed. 2009-2012: Under Contract, 2013: Free Agent

So he's the Texan's version of Matt Maloney...
Old 12-21-2009   #12
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Brown was awarded the ST player of the Rams game. You dont want him around?

J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Because it's Krismiss time. This is his season.
oh my..
Old 12-21-2009   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Its a shame that we can no longer depend on our kicker. We could really use some clutch FGs these next 2 games...
Old 12-21-2009   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Look, I know we have a lot invested in him, but he's not doing his job. I'm assuming McNair also wants W's...
Old 12-21-2009   #16
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why anyone every gives a kicker a 4 year extension is beyond me. These guys are all just a couple of big misses away from developing permayips. It's not like you can't find a dozen free agents at any point.

I don't think I could watch the field if he came in to kick a game winner against the Patriots that would send us to the playoffs. I'd hope for a make, but I don't know if his psyche could handle the pressure.
Old 12-21-2009   #17
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Look, I know we have a lot invested in him, but he's not doing his job. I'm assuming McNair also wants W's...
I didnt say I wanted Kris here. I was just reporting what I heard today. I wanted him cut 12-11-05 and started a thread on here and I got so many negative reps because people thought I was crazy and stupid and was also called fairweather to the max.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...241#post221241
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I didnt say I wanted Kris here. I was just reporting what I heard today. I wanted him cut 12-11-05 and started a thread on here and I got so many negative reps because people thought I was crazy and stupid and was also called fairweather to the max.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...241#post221241
Looks like you had some foresight. I wasn't posting on here back then.

I like Kris, but enough already. I know he's an Original Texan, and that's a cute story, but he's messing up a bit too much.

Say what you want about Jerry Jones, but, he would have cut Kris Brown MONTHS ago, new contract be damned.
Old 12-21-2009   #19
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to know why he was automatic from 50 yards last season and a crapshoot now. Where did his mojo go?
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
I just want to know why he was automatic from 50 yards last season and a crapshoot now. Where did his mojo go?
Pressure. The Texans had a lot on the line this season. For the first time. He knew every kick was critical. Maybe he couldn't handle it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read