MMQB
Round 1: Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
Round 2: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
Round 3: Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
Round 4: Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
Round 5: Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri
Round 6: Aaron Pettrey, K, Ohio State
Round 7: Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan

Got our play making FS of the future to match up with Pollard.

Interior line help.

A stud RB to pair with Slaton.

A NT to help stop the run, and possibly allow Okoye one on one matchups.

A future #2 WR who is 6'5" and can go over the middle.

A kicker to eventually replace Kris Brown if needed.

And of course a 7th round flyer on a QB.

:fans:

Interior line help.

The first two picks are good. I noticed that was the only DB you took this draft. Do you think our cornerbacks are good the way they are? I would rather have Desmond Briscoe instead of Danario Alexander. No point in drafting a kicker or punter when they can be UDFAs. Dan LeFevour is alright, I would rather have Christian Ponder who was in a much tougher conference and has a lot of potential. We should have another 6th bc of the Travis Johnson trade so we should pick up Christian Ponder then or another QB. Jonathan Dwyer is a great back but it reminds me a lot of what we already have. Hopefully we address the DL or OL problem this free agency.

1. Earl Thomas, good pick if Joe Haden is gone.
2. Mike Iupati, he's the wrong kind of OG for our system, he's a mauler and we need someone who can play ZBS. Jon Asamoah would be a better selection because he already plays in a ZBS.
3. Jonathan Dwyer, good RB but I doubt that he'll be available in the 3rd round, most likely go in the 1st or 2nd round.
4. Vince Oghobaase, good DT but I doubt he'll be available in the 4th round, most likely go in the 2nd round.
5 & 6. Alexander and Pettrey, I don't know anything about these guys but a 6'05" WR sounds nice especially in the late rounds.
7. Dan LeFevour, you really can't go wrong in the 7th round because nothing is expected of this player and a 7th round QB to train for the future is a good thing.

1. Earl Thomas, good pick if Joe Haden is gone.
2. Mike Iupati, he's the wrong kind of OG for our system, he's a mauler and we need someone who can play ZBS. Jon Asamoah would be a better selection because he already plays in a ZBS.
3. Jonathan Dwyer, good RB but I doubt that he'll be available in the 3rd round, most likely go in the 1st or 2nd round.
4. Vince Oghobaase, good DT but I doubt he'll be available in the 4th round, most likely go in the 2nd round.
5 & 6. Alexander and Pettrey, I don't know anything about these guys but a 6'05" WR sounds nice especially in the late rounds.
7. Dan LeFevour, you really can't go wrong in the 7th round because nothing is expected of this player and a 7th round QB to train for the future is a good thing.
Just returned from vacation and agree with your assessment. Keep in mind two things that may occur after season that may impact ZBS. Mike Shannahan may get the coaching position at Washington and if so will probably pull Kyle to be his OC.

Also, Alex Gibbs has coached two years after coming out of retirement. Has he accomplished what he wants with Duane Brown? I bring this up as two guys leaving may encourage Kubiac to switch O to a more "knock them back' rather than fooling the Defense. Just saying an Iupati could be the perfect LG in a different system especially in second round.

The first two picks are good. I noticed that was the only DB you took this draft. Do you think our cornerbacks are good the way they are? I would rather have Desmond Briscoe instead of Danario Alexander. No point in drafting a kicker or punter when they can be UDFAs. Dan LeFevour is alright, I would rather have Christian Ponder who was in a much tougher conference and has a lot of potential. We should have another 6th bc of the Travis Johnson trade so we should pick up Christian Ponder then or another QB. Jonathan Dwyer is a great back but it reminds me a lot of what we already have. Hopefully we address the DL or OL problem this free agency.
Did you notice that Quin started over Reeves against Dolphins? Very interesting as they might be getting him ready to replace DR. Having Earl Thomas at FS behind him would be a comfort. Haden is great but if team lines up with Reeves, Quin starting and Thomas at FS (Wilson moves to back up and we cut Busing), I'd be ok.

Did you notice that Quin started over Reeves against Dolphins? Very interesting as they might be getting him ready to replace DR. Having Earl Thomas at FS behind him would be a comfort. Haden is great but if team lines up with Reeves, Quin starting and Thomas at FS (Wilson moves to back up and we cut Busing), I'd be ok.

Quin has been starting quite a bit, especially against run oriented teams.

Interior line help.

IF Earl Thomas does come out early, I'm not opposed to the pick.

Always like OL help and would love to see us be able to cut some dead weight on the interior of the OL. Unfortunately Kubiak sometimes sticks to his guys no matter how they play. Iupati might get the Caldwell treatment.

If Dwyer is there good pick.

If Vince is there in the fourth I'd love to see us get bigger at DT. NErvous though as Kollar has been more known for using smaller speed guys, along with the current regime.

Wouldn't mind Alexander but, as someone else pointed out if Briscoe is there he'd be a better pickup. Though Briscoe's stock could rise at the combine. Saw him play a time or two and the kid has got game.

6th on a kicker? I'd love to see us bring in someone to replace Brown but, even after blowinga few games he hasn't gotten cut. I don't think we'll see him replaced unforunately. Would rather take a flyer on OL help with one of our 6th round picks.

I don't see LeFevour slipping to the 7th at all. But if he did I'd be pissed if Rick or Gary didn't run to the podium. He'll be a first day pick.

Quin has been starting quite a bit, especially against run oriented teams.
I want to see how he does in coverage against some of the better WRs as we know he can tackle. If we were able to draft Haden, I'd move Quin to FS. He'd clean up in that spot.

Back