Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2009   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default hello my 7-7 friends

two of the league's 7 teams with a 7-7 record face off this week. yes, it's the classic Dolphins/Texans rivalry.

it'll be in Miami, and the last time it was in Miami, Kris Brown actually clutched up and hit a game-winning field goal. ah, how times have changed.

as i'm sure you're all very aware, Miami has never beat the New Oilers. there's been some very interesting games in this amazing rivalry.

first, the aformentioned one in '03, where David Carr lead the Texans on a game-winning drive.

in 2006, Mario Williams got his first career sacks against the then-legless Daunte Culpepper, and Miami lost the game on an inexplicable Ronnie Brown 2-pt conversion pass attempt.

in '07, the Texans barely beat the 1-15 Dolphins club shortly after Travis Johnson ended Trent Green's career and celebrated this fact over his lifeless corpse. Brown's 57-yarder won it

last year, Matt Schaub ran the ball from 3 yards out to take the lead with no time on the clock.

the Blue Bulls have beaten the Dolphins by margins of 1 point, 2 points, 3 points, and 1 point, all of them decided in the final minute. actually pretty incredible when you think about it

so again we face off this week. i know you guys are leading towards the Texans here, and history is on your side, i suppose. but keep this in mind: this is a very important game for Houston, and they have as much a chance as winning a game that matters as Vince Young does at winning a game of Trivial Pursuit.

so i'm picking Miami here, 31-30

good game, y'all
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #2
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: hello my 7-7 friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
two of the league's 7 teams with a 7-7 record face off this week. yes, it's the classic Dolphins/Texans rivalry.

it'll be in Miami, and the last time it was in Miami, Kris Brown actually clutched up and hit a game-winning field goal. ah, how times have changed.

as i'm sure you're all very aware, Miami has never beat the New Oilers. there's been some very interesting games in this amazing rivalry.

first, the aformentioned one in '03, where David Carr lead the Texans on a game-winning drive.

in 2006, Mario Williams got his first career sacks against the then-legless Daunte Culpepper, and Miami lost the game on an inexplicable Ronnie Brown 2-pt conversion pass attempt.

in '07, the Texans barely beat the 1-15 Dolphins club shortly after Travis Johnson ended Trent Green's career and celebrated this fact over his lifeless corpse. Brown's 57-yarder won it

last year, Matt Schaub ran the ball from 3 yards out to take the lead with no time on the clock.

the Blue Bulls have beaten the Dolphins by margins of 1 point, 2 points, 3 points, and 1 point, all of them decided in the final minute. actually pretty incredible when you think about it

so again we face off this week. i know you guys are leading towards the Texans here, and history is on your side, i suppose. but keep this in mind: this is a very important game for Houston, and they have as much a chance as winning a game that matters as Vince Young does at winning a game of Trivial Pursuit.

good game, y'all

check the vid and your facts:
Green took an illegal shot that could have ended johnson's career. Green ended it himself, with that dirty f*&king play. And he didn't celebrate Green getting hurt - as he walked passed he talked sum crap to a guy who almost ended his career.
Old 12-21-2009   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

good game, y'all
Damnit, we are screwed!

Anyway, nice write up. The games between the two teams have always been fun games, I cant wait to not watch this one.

Go Texans!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

All Sparano needs to do to beat the Texans is game plan around Dunte Robinson. He will make Henne look like a Payton Manning clone! I have a feeling the Texans will AGAIN make a rookie look like a pro-bowler!

BUT, since I'm one of those starry eyed, loyal to the death Texan fans, I'll put my faith in MS and AJ to get the job done. KB will get over his slump and kick the game winning FG!!

Texans 27
Miami 24
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

61 points?

I don't see this being a shoot out.

In a show of epic futility the Texans tie the Dolphins 17-17 after an OT with 12 fumbles.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

After these past two weeks...who the heck knows what the Texans will do?

Needless to say, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Let's not turn this into a TJ vs Green debate.
Old 12-21-2009   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

two teams headed in different directions
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2009   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
After these past two weeks...who the heck knows what the Texans will do?

Needless to say, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Let's not turn this into a TJ vs Green debate.
Green got knocked the **** out!! That's all that counts!!!

Texans bounce back and show well. Texans 27 - Miami 20.
Old 12-21-2009   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

All I know is AJ will show up to play and give 100%.

Not so sure beyond that...
Old 12-21-2009   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
check the vid and your facts:
Green took an illegal shot that could have ended johnson's career. Green ended it himself, with that dirty f*&king play. And he didn't celebrate Green getting hurt - as he walked passed he talked sum crap to a guy who almost ended his career.
nah, tj was an ass

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
nah, tj was an ass
TJ's reaction may have been bad, but the player who ended Green's career was Green. He stuck his head in front of TJ's knee.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-21-2009 at 11:09 AM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet it ends in a 7-7 tie.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
TJ's reaction may have been bad, but the player who ended Green's career was Green. He stuck his head in front of TJ's knee.
Yep , he did that to himself - TJ just didnt react in a politically correct manner after the fact.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #14
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

good game, y'all
To be quite honest. I'd be very happy if we score 31 points!
Old 12-21-2009   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Damnit, we are screwed!

Anyway, nice write up. The games between the two teams have always been fun games, I cant wait to not watch this one.

Go Texans!
Vince doesn't play this Sunday so K-EYE will be forced to play this one.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #16
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised ya'll haven't changed your logo yet....flipper with the helmet on just looks kinda hokey...
Old 12-21-2009   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason Porter is going to have a field day. Ricky Williams loves him some Mario Williams.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
61 points?

I don't see this being a shoot out.

In a show of epic futility the Texans tie the Dolphins 17-17 after an OT with 12 fumbles.
hehe, I would love to see that... or would I...

I have a feeling that Miami will take this one and kill any hope of lucking our way into the playoffs, unless Ricky tried to run the ball up the middle for the entire game, then we might actually have a chance.

Too bad about your game last night, man you got cheated from a W in the last couple of minutes.

Anyway, next week, I'm looking forward to the game and hoping we'll pull a win out of our *****
Old 12-21-2009   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am the only one who is hearing a bad parody of Simon and Garfunkel

"hello average my old friend. The Texans have come to .500 again. the vision of playoffs stay fleeting and the vision is planted in McNair's brain and Kubes still remains..."
Old 12-21-2009   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I am the only one who is hearing a bad parody of Simon and Garfunkel

"hello average my old friend. The Texans have come to .500 again. the vision of playoffs stay fleeting and the vision is planted in McNair's brain and Kubes still remains..."
Now we do

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read