Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2009   #1
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thank you D-Rob...

for not signing that multi year deal this past offseason. This guy has been getting burned week after week. I seriously doubt he's back with the Texans next year simply because of his ego. If his ego was so big that he turned down more than 20 million guaranteed coming back from career threatening injuries than he certainly won't sign for significantly less this year after "proving himself". I strip you of your name D-rob and dub thee... D-Burnt.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank you D-Rob...

I don't think D-Burnt will be back next year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Avery ran by him like he was standing still. Thank goodness Null was throwing the ball. Otherwise, it's a TD.
Old 12-21-2009   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124814 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Thank you D-Rob...
Thank you D-Rob for confirming what I always knew about you. You're a phony. You should be convicted for stealing money and for impersonating an NFL cornerback.
Old 12-21-2009   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Avery ran by him like he was standing still. Thank goodness Null was throwing the ball. Otherwise, it's a TD.

yeah averys a quick guy but dunta looked embarassingly slow on that play. avery was so much quicker he even (luckily) outran dunta's desperation grabs to pull him back that wouldve led to his weekly PI call
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #6
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be gone and he'll have to settle for about 1/4 of what he stole from us this year. He's gonna feel like the biggest DA on the planet for not signing that contrct. My only hope is that he signs with a division rival so AJ can torch his ass and sing "Dunta how my ass taste?" twice a year.

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #7
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Which would explain the 13 yard cushion he he was give the WR all game. I really can't stand seeing a WR make a catch without a LB/DB/S in the freaking TV screen.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2009   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Seriously DRob should write a book.

"How Make Enemies and Piss Off People"
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #9
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Thank you D-Rob...

He didn't have a PI or a holding call the whole game, that's a first.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #10
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He didn't have a PI or a holding call the whole game, that's a first.
By definition, he would have to have been in the vicinity of the WR to actually make physical contact.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124814 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
By definition, he would have to have been in the vicinity of the WR to actually make physical contact.
Old 12-21-2009   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rams dedicated their offense to Dunta Robinson. I only got to see NFL RedZone but it was more than appearant that the Rams saw where there offensive production would come from. And the thing about it is, you can't blame that on the fact that Reeves or anyone else we have is a shut down corner. They just know Dunta is going to give up more yards.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29606 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I still can't believe all that money he turned down. Wow. And the only reason it was offered was becuase he was seen as a leader on defense. Now, not only has Dunta had a subpar season and will likely never see that kind of contract offer again, but Bernard Pollard has stepped in taken over the defense.

And, Dunta completely lost the fan base.

What a mess.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW, the guys on the 1560 morning show were saying that David Gibbs changed the coverage technique and that Dunta isn't adapting well.

Kind of obvious I guess.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 87036 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was never a real big Dunta fan, but I did like him because he was the best CB we had back in the day. Now, I really hope hes not wearing a Texans jersey come 2010. I hope he signs with the Rams, Lions, Browns, or Bucs next season, that would make me happy.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #16
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
FWIW, the guys on the 1560 morning show were saying that David Gibbs changed the coverage technique and that Dunta isn't adapting well.

Kind of obvious I guess.
That must explain receivers running by him as if he's on a leisurely jog and him taking the Matt Stevens tackling approach this year. I have been very unimpressed with his play this year. I can see from a players point of view in a contract year trying to protect yourself from injury, but not at the expense of costing yourself money by not playing well at all. I don't think he has it anymore.
Old 12-21-2009   #17
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTexanFan View Post
That must explain receivers running by him as if he's on a leisurely jog and him taking the Matt Stevens tackling approach this year. I have been very unimpressed with his play this year. I can see from a players point of view in a contract year trying to protect yourself from injury, but not at the expense of costing yourself money by not playing well at all. I don't think he has it anymore.
Maybe he's doing his best to make the Texans won't franchise him again. If so, it's working.

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a certain bunch in here constantly defending Dunta before the season started saying that his hold out wasn't going to effect anything and that he would be fine once the season started and he was simply doing what was best for him to all of us that were so pissed at the way he acted during training camp and pre season. Boy did that blow up in their faces and spew all over ours. Dunta has sucked this year and he won't be getting any great contract next year with anyone. Holding out did you a lot of good didn't it Dunta? After this year you'll have no contract and you won't get anywhere near what you could have gotten.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #19
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarCushPall View Post
Maybe he's doing his best to make the Texans won't franchise him again. If so, it's working.

If so, he needs to look at who is consulting him.

"Dunta, here's what were gonna do. This year you are going to play very poorly, I mean poor like pissing off your coaches, holding penalties, allowing receivers to run by you, not tackling, you get the picture. This way the Texans won't franchise you again. Now you will not see a contract anywhere close to what you turned down, but at least you won't be making 10 mil a year."
Old 12-21-2009   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Im just real happy that RS did not bend on this one, franshise his ass and let him prove his worth. He didnt and we'll be better of player- and money-wise.

bye bye D-robber...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read