Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default How Some Are Happy I Do Not Know

I mean come on a three point win against the wrost team in the NFL. The Texans are just getting laughed at. AJ and Matt played pitch and catch all game long. They picked on D Rob the whole game. They just played down to the Rams level of play and are very lucky to have won this game. Just no real fire or sparkle with this team it is like alright, we win yay who cares. The Rams should been blown out today peeing and craping in their pants and they were not. Sixteen points is very sad against the Rams I am just being honest here folks. Our team is pretty bad when as are all excited about a three point win over a one win team when the game ended I was thankful of course but then I just laughed, roared and then just shook my head.
Old 12-20-2009   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: How Some Are Happy I Do Not Know

D Rob's been picked on all season. nothing new there. we won't be able to consistently blow out bad teams until we do something about our running game.
Old 12-20-2009   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

They clearly did not prepare for this team. They probably thought they didn't have to because it's the Rams. It's kind of like the Oakland game last year. We went in after a big win and took it too easy.

Of course, I'll take the W, but this team still has mucho problemo.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
D Rob's been picked on all season. nothing new there. we won't be able to consistently blow out bad teams until we do something about our running game.
DRob is not anything new you are right but they were just craping in their boots all game long.
Old 12-20-2009   #5
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Yay, we won 2 games in a row!
Yay, we are back to .500!

I mean, what's there not to be happy about?

J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

It amazes me that the "no moral victories" crowd, who will say that our losses by 3 points are inexcusable, are largely the same crowd who won't accept a win by 3 points!! Its a freakin win!! Just like when you guys say a loss is a loss, wins work the same way.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post

don't forget

Matt over 4000 yards passing
team record 4th win on the road

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2009   #8
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I mean come on a three point win against the wrost team in the NFL. The Texans are just getting laughed at.
They may be getting laughed at, but it's not for this game and if it is, it's by two camps-- the sick-of-it-all Texans fans OR the VY fanboiz.

Nobody is laughing at the Texans for not blowing out the Rams any more than they are laughing at the defending NFC champs for not blowing out the Detroit Lions.

Yes, they played uninspired, sloppy football and were fortunate to get the win...but they won, and that's all that really matters. That is the only thing the rest of the league notices. We gnash our teeth regardless because that is what Texans fans are good at. Just don't mistake your frustration for anyone else's.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #9
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
don't forget

Matt over 4000 yards passing
team record 4th win on the road

Haha right.

In all seriousness, yeah we won which is good. However, I wont be celebrating or anything like that. It was an ugly win if there was such a thing. You beat a lowly Rams team by 3 points. Nothing to get excited about(even if you did win by 30 points). The mistakes, flaws, etc are still there.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #10
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
It amazes me that the "no moral victories" crowd, who will say that our losses by 3 points are inexcusable, are largely the same crowd who won't accept a win by 3 points!! Its a freakin win!! Just like when you guys say a loss is a loss, wins work the same way.
AFREAKINMEN

Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #11
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

a win is a win
i could only imagine what the boards would be like if they lost
at this point i would be happy with 9-7 while i think change is needed
kubes probably will get one more year
Old 12-20-2009   #12
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

its amazing how ppl get excited over 2 games we are suppose to win easy...this will never make up for the 4 straight division losses. Definately nothing to be proud of these past 2 weeks...
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #13
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I'm going to get ostracized about this, so have at it . What in the WORLD are you complaining about ? They WON the freaking game ! It's a road game and sometimes they end up ugly. The point is BEYOND valid about LOSING a game(s) by a field goal. I'll take a win anytime. WHOM in their collective right mind(s) would laugh at the Texans ? Tell me, I want to know. Is there some cadre of NFL fans that live to see the Texans play "ugly", or blow a game at the end. This team isn't NEAR the center of the NFL universe. "Laughed at", give me a break.....
Old 12-20-2009   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

that win/loss column is way too small to add all the thoughts that fans and critics would want to put in there, but just big enough to place a "W".

Rams came to play, and we made almost enough mistakes to let them get away with a win...key word is almost.

new week...new opponent in the Dolphins.

Old 12-20-2009   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Oh no we'll take the win, just not too happy about what should've been an easy win over one of the worst teams in the league.

If this was a game vs Miami or N.E this would not have been a win. I just really want to believe that Kubiak will have the team better prepared next week, but I can just never count on it.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #16
sportfan73
Rookie

Rep Power: 136 sportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respected

who cares if it was by 3 or 30, a win is a win

It's going down as a win in the record book, I think Popovich had a great line last night after the Spurs barely beat the Pacers, "That was a win that you would categorize as an ugly win. But, we don't give them back and we're happy to have this one"
sportfan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post

That's not too bad.

Only the Ravens have moved to 8-6. We're at 7-7 along with Miami, Jacksonvile, NYJets, Tennessee & Pittsburgh.
Old 12-20-2009   #18
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers, Super Bowl Champions currently, dropped games to the lowly Browns, Raiders and Chiefs in a stretch, yet the Texans are so-called laughingstocks?

No Texan fan should be thrilled or overjoyed, but to pull out a win in a hostile environment is still something to be happy about. I don't care if the Rams are a 1 win team so far. They're still an NFL team, with a dangerous weapon in Stephen Jackson.

In the hardest hitting division, it's not exactly a shame to lose to the Titans, Jags and Colts in a stretch. The Texans simply need to learn from those and move on.

But "laughingstock?" Why not root for some other team if that's what your perspective has come to?

For pretty much the whole year, how can the Texans be a "laughingstock" when they've contested losses that were 8 points or less (aside from opening day)?

So-called snarky "fans" always moaning about something.

Last edited by worldlyman; 12-20-2009 at 05:58 PM.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary I look at like being real hungry and going to the only restaurant that's open . You eat a lot and get full but it wasn't really very good . At the end of the day you did get full and you didn't get sick so it's a win .
Old 12-20-2009   #20
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

would you rather be this guy?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read