Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-20-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Chicago Bears I thought all they needed was a QB?

What happened to the Bears?

When Grossman was there, they had the best offensive line, a hell of a defense, & all they needed was a QB & they would be a lock to win the Super Bowl.

I'm not trying to be funny... I'm just asking.
Old 12-20-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chicago Bears I thought all they needed was a QB?

So you think that Jeff George is the answer? Most teams feel they are a player or two away from a SB, since most teams are pretty even in talent....but come on, if you have watched even a few Bears games you wouldn't ask this question. George, er, I mean Cutler has been anything but a franchise level player this season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #3
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
So you think that Jeff George is the answer? Most teams feel they are a player or two away from a SB, since most teams are pretty even in talent....but come on, if you have watched even a few Bears games you wouldn't ask this question. George, er, I mean Cutler has been anything but a franchise level player this season.
Im not sure he's even a franchise QB. He's never been to the playoffs and chucks interceptions in bunches. Guys with his arm will get alot of chances but the mental game will never be there for him it seems.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I never thought much of Cutler. But he had a pretty good following here.

Many people on this board said Chicago got the better part of that deal, & many put them in the NFC Championship game.

I've watched some Bear football, & to me, they are missing a whole lot.

But I don't know if they've had a slew of injuries, a bunch of poor free agency moves.. or an H1N1 epidemic. But there's got to be a reason for what is going on up there.
Old 12-20-2009   #5
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 179 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

urlacher being hurt is whats wrong with the bears
the bears gave up way too much for a "franchise" qb
vinny is right he's jeff george 2.0! cutler will play for at least two more teams in his career but because he can sling it people will put up with the diva act
Old 12-20-2009   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

They could use their old D-coordinator. Rivera now coaches the playoff-bound Chargers, who coincidentally overtook the Broncos.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Many people on this board said Chicago got the better part of that deal, & many put them in the NFC Championship game.

I've watched some Bear football, & to me, they are missing a whole lot.

But I don't know if they've had a slew of injuries, a bunch of poor free agency moves.. or an H1N1 epidemic. But there's got to be a reason for what is going on up there.
it's just opinion and it's just football....half the league loses each week. I figured Cutler would be a better QB than he is turning out to be also but he is still young and his book isn't finished yet. The Bears just have more holes than they have buckets at this point.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2009   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I don't know that Cutler proved anything other than he had a very high upside when with the Broncos. The Bears, on the other hand, have proven that QBs go there to die. Detroit has rubbed off on them, I guess.
Old 12-20-2009   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Cant help when your number 1 receiver is hester knox or bennet.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #10
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Injuries are no excuse but they're missing their best LB

Their defense is no longer feared(I dont know if feared is the right word, but they are no longer what they once were even if they did have BU. He makes them better but still not as good as before imo)

They dont have a WR worth starting(Hester is no WR; Bad comparison but that's like asking Usain Bolt to play WR. Both are fast but doesnt mean they can catch and do everything else a WR is asked to do)

Like Steve Slaton, Matt Forte has fallen off.(Just last year, many, including myself, linked Slaton-Johnson-Forte all together wondering who was the best of the 3. We see how that turned out - well this season at least)

And oh yeah - doesn't help when their "star" QB they aquired leads the league(or is near the top) in INTs
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Injuries are no excuse but they're missing their best LB

Their defense is no longer feared(I dont know if feared is the right word, but they are no longer what they once were even if they did have BU. He makes them better but still not as good as before imo)

They dont have a WR worth starting(Hester is no WR; Bad comparison but that's like asking Usain Bolt to play WR. Both are fast but doesnt mean they can catch and do everything else a WR is asked to do)

Like Steve Slaton, Matt Forte has fallen off.(Just last year, many, including myself, linked Slaton-Johnson-Forte all together wondering who was the best of the 3. We see how that turned out - well this season at least)

And oh yeah - doesn't help when their "star" QB they aquired leads the league(or is near the top) in INTs
Chicago doesnt have a good O-Line and that is causing their run game to suck
Old 12-20-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What happened to the Bears?

When Grossman was there, they had the best offensive line, a hell of a defense, & all they needed was a QB & they would be a lock to win the Super Bowl.

I'm not trying to be funny... I'm just asking.
No one said that. That great Bears defense has dropped off little by little the last few seasons. It wasn't expected to be some elite unit this year either. Then Urlaucher was lost for the season in game one or whatever, and that crippled them big time along with a few other injuries to their defense. They've got the worst WR core in the entire freaking league as well. That was very well documented before this season. The only good thing that the Bears even had on offense was Forte and he's been pretty disappointing this season sort of like how Slaton was before his season ended. Cutler hasn't really had anything to work with. As a result he's tried to win way to many games with his arm and he's forced a lot of passes and tried to do way to much. The Bears team wasn't built to win the way they've tried, but with their defense falling off, they've been forced to pass a lot more than what they would have attempted in a lot of games. This current Bears team isn't far from being a really good team at all. They need some play makers on that offense though and they need their running game back in tact. This next off season is going to be huge for them as far as their future goes because they don't have a 1st round draft pick either.

They might end up making a move at Cowher possibly. I certainly would if I were them.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
No one said that. That great Bears defense has dropped off little by little the last few seasons. It wasn't expected to be some elite unit this year either. Then Urlaucher was lost for the season in game one or whatever, and that crippled them big time along with a few other injuries to their defense. They've got the worst WR core in the entire freaking league as well. That was very well documented before this season. The only good thing that the Bears even had on offense was Forte and he's been pretty disappointing this season sort of like how Slaton was before his season ended. Cutler hasn't really had anything to work with. As a result he's tried to win way to many games with his arm and he's forced a lot of passes and tried to do way to much. The Bears team wasn't built to win the way they've tried, but with their defense falling off, they've been forced to pass a lot more than what they would have attempted in a lot of games. This current Bears team isn't far from being a really good team at all. They need some play makers on that offense though and they need their running game back in tact. This next off season is going to be huge for them as far as their future goes because they don't have a 1st round draft pick either.

They might end up making a move at Cowher possibly. I certainly would if I were them.
Hilarious, you just made every "excuse" you discount in any conversation about Kubiak.
Old 12-21-2009   #14
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at how Kyle Orton has been plugged into QB with the Broncos it's starting to look a lot like Cutler benefited greatly from receivers who could run after the catch. On the other hand, lack that ability largely.

Bears have had troubles the pat few seasons that have been slowly catching up to them. Lack of talent at WR, a few pieces have slowly been taken away from the back end of the Bears defense.

From the looks of it they've had continuity problems on the line this year with Pace missing time and Chris Williams has struggled. Starting to think it was a good thing we missed the opportunity to take him.

Cutler's got an arm, but if he wants to win in Chicago he's going to have to suck up his ego and find positive ways to channel his competitive nature, like Phillip Rivers has in SD.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Many people on this board said Chicago got the better part of that deal
, & many put them in the NFC Championship game.
Really, many people, on this board? Interesting narrative your are pimping.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=cutler
Old 12-21-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Really, many people, on this board? Interesting narrative your are pimping.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=cutler
Wow! I might actually have been correct. Yippee!! Toot, toot goes HOU-TEX's horn.

Quote:
IMO, this was a win now move for the Bears. Lovie and Angelo probably know they're going to be on the hot seat this season and a desperate move like this proves they're going all in.

That said, I've like Orton since his Purdue days. While I do not think he's a "franchise" QB, he's more than qualified to captain a playoff team. Not that it's a defining stat or anything, but look at Orton's W/L record compared to Cutler.

I would only assume the Bears OC would modify his offensive approach to accommodate Cutler's strengths. We'll see if it was Denver's "system", or Cutler.
Old 12-21-2009   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the Bears are an abysmal team, they have a horrible o-line and there is zero running game. do ya really expect Cutler to do anything with that?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the Bears are an abysmal team, they have a horrible o-line and there is zero running game. do ya really expect Cutler to do anything with that?
While that may be true, I reckon those 25 picks Cutler's given up doesn't help their situation. Given their poor Oline, WR's and running game, Cutler's hurt the Bears more than he's helped.
Old 12-21-2009   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he definitely has a lot of Favre in him, in that he will throw picks when things are collapsing around him. which sucks, but if the team is good, he's not going to throw those picks. so it's a bit of a Catch 22
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Hilarious, you just made every "excuse" you discount in any conversation about Kubiak.
Get back to me when you one thing about the Bears Personal and situation before their season started Icak. What's hilarious is that once again you trounce over to another thread about a completely different team and somehow turn it into a Kubiak declaration. Lol!

Keep grasping at those straws man. You might actually get some Kool Aid out of one of them.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read