Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2009   #1
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pollard vs. Jackson

So can anyone tell me why this fight broke out? I just missed it, and from what I heard it was just playing tough that eventually broke out. Pretty sweet that Jackson left with a bloody lip though!

Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pollard vs. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
So can anyone tell me why this fight broke out? I just missed it, and from what I heard it was just playing tough that eventually broke out. Pretty sweet that Jackson left with a bloody lip though!

Jackson stiff armed Pollard on the previous run and Pollard didnt like it.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard was playing like a punk for a stretch.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Lucky that Jackson punched back otherwise it would've cost us 15. I was surprised they didn't eject Pollard.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Steven Jackson had 82 yards on 20 carries, becoming the Rams’ career leader in rushing attempts, despite playing a fourth game with a lower back injury. He missed a few plays after a skirmish with Bernard Pollard(notes) left him with a bloody lip in the fourth quarter.

“Just a little physical football,” Jackson said. “From the looks of it, I got the worst of it. I wasn’t going to get scooped and slammed on national television, I’ll tell you that.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...id=20091220014
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephan Jackson's helmet came off several times during the game. I this his big fancy hair causes the helmet to slip.

Notice Hoculi in the background. He could have body slammed both of them if he wanted.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Lucky that Jackson punched back otherwise it would've cost us 15. I was surprised they didn't eject Pollard.
I never actually saw Pollard throw a punch (like I saw Jackson CLEARLY do). If an open OR closed fist punch is thrown, it's supposed to be AUTO-ejection.
Old 12-20-2009   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know how much the stiffarm had to do with it. Pollard recovered pretty well, & came back to make the tackle that Steven is referring to in his presser. They were jawing with each other after that.

I think it was two plays after that, Pollard went in on a blitz, where Jackson was picking up the blitz. There was a little extra push by Jackson, & retalliation by Pollard which led to ripping the helmet off Jackson.

They got tied up, then went to the ground. When they went to the ground, I believe it was Pollards helmet landing on Jackson's mouth that caused the bloody lip.
Old 12-20-2009   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I never actually saw Pollard throw a punch (like I saw Jackson CLEARLY do). If an open OR closed fist punch is thrown, it's supposed to be AUTO-ejection.
I'll have to watch it again but what I remebered is Pollard and Jackson engaged and Pollard's right arm pulled off Jackson's helmet as he swung it to the left. Then Jackson took a swing at Pollard's helmet.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Swinging a fist at a guy in a helmet makes soooo much sense.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Jackson had the bloody lip afterward is all I know.

Good job Bernard!
Old 12-20-2009   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Pollard was playing like a punk for a stretch.
"Playing like a punk" isn't this team criticized for being soft?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
"Playing like a punk" isn't this team criticized for being soft?
Punk = stupid and out of control it does not mean not tough.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Punk = stupid and out of control it does not mean not tough.
Does stupid and out of control lead to 2 more wins? Our O line acting like punks sounds good to me. Didn't people here want benson and larry johnson? Doesn't jackson have a few lbs on pollard anyway?

Last edited by ATXtexanfan; 12-20-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2009   #15
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

people ask why did kc cut pollard?
things like today is why! i love his attitude and his fire but just because a really really good back got the better of him on one play is not a reason to go all kimbo slice on the football field
Old 12-20-2009   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
people ask why did kc cut pollard?
things like today is why! i love his attitude and his fire but just because a really really good back got the better of him on one play is not a reason to go all kimbo slice on the football field
Not picking a fight but did he get caught up in the intensity that this team lacks? People want a coach with intensity.
Old 12-20-2009   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know and I would have to see a replay of what happened.
I was pissed at first about Pollard because I thought it was all on him,but it was offsetting so...

now that I think about it .. I wish some of our Offense would take heed and show some "controlled aggression"

it is kinda funny looking at the defense and the offense .. with players like Cushing and Pollard there and players on offense like ...hell the whole offensive line ..two different philosophies
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #18
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

What if chris meyers and the rest of the O-line had his fire? Would everyone have a problem then. What if his fire is what this entire team lacks in the 4th qtr. No problems with him getting after it. He is everything this team lacks.
Old 12-20-2009   #19
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Not picking a fight but did he get caught up in the intensity that this team lacks? People want a coach with intensity.
like i said i like the show of emotion.
but it just seemed like he was embarrassed and was trying to make up for it
if everyone had just a little bernard in them this team would be alot better
Old 12-20-2009   #20
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i wanna see a video of this... anyone got it?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read