Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2009   #1
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Radio Pregame Show comments

The talking heads on the Texans radio show (not Mark & Andre, the pregame guys) were giggling about how much we were going to beat the worst team in football right before the game. One of them said 38-0 and another said 30-0. Wonder if the team had the same attitude. We could use a little emotion out there.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Radio Pregame Show comments

I miss Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson. They were realists for the most part.
Old 12-20-2009   #3
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I miss Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson. They were realists for the most part.
They do the 790 morning show now.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

anyone know how long the Texans radio agreement is? Currently the telecast is kinda awful imo of course. I used to look forward to it but I'd rather watch the nfl network nowdays as I lead into the away games.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #5
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
anyone know how long the Texans radio agreement is? Currently the telecast is kinda awful imo of course. I used to look forward to it but I'd rather watch the nfl network nowdays as I lead into the away games.
Quote:
CBS Radio signed a 10-year agreement with the Houston Texans in September 2000. This agreement gave CBS Radio the exclusive right to broadcast Houston Texans Football games through the 2012 season and produce numerous ancillary programs featuring the team.
http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/radio_network.asp
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
CBS Radio signed a 10-year agreement with the Houston Texans in September 2000. This agreement gave CBS Radio the exclusive right to broadcast Houston Texans Football games through the 2012 season and produce numerous ancillary programs featuring the team.
Brutal...I hope they re-evaluate what they are doing this off season.

thanks

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #7
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Brutal...I hope they re-evaluate what they are doing this off season.

thanks
Haha I agree. That station has

And np
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2009   #8
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully 1560 will get the next Texans Game contract!
Double Rods!!!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #9
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
Hopefully 1560 will get the next Texans Game contract!
Double Rods!!!
That station has the signal strength of a HAM radio. They'll be the LAST
station to get a contract. Most people who listen are relegated to doing
so either online, or in the car. I can't even pick them up in my office, where
every other station comes in clear.

Maybe La Tremenda will get the contract. You can always pick them up,
even if you're trying to listen to 950.
Old 12-20-2009   #10
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, 1560 is a complete joke when it comes to actually being able to listen to them, no signal anywhere. Besides the fact that LZ is the only listenable member of the entire station.

790 on the other hand is much better nowadays and I can see them taking over the market, solid in the AM and PM IMO. 610 blows.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #11
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
That station has the signal strength of a HAM radio. They'll be the LAST
station to get a contract. Most people who listen are relegated to doing
so either online, or in the car. I can't even pick them up in my office, where
every other station comes in clear.

Maybe La Tremenda will get the contract. You can always pick them up,
even if you're trying to listen to 950.
Yeah, what's up with their signal? I can't drive in Midtown/Downtown/Montrose and get it without a shit load of static. It's a shame.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I called into 610 :P i like there show IMO

thats the only one i know off really i didnt know there were other texans SHows ???
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read