Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-27-2005   #1
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Default Deep WR draft

I have heard alot of this in interviews from coaches, GMs, and scouts. Last year was thought to also be a deep draft at WR, but I notice that this years draft has a lot of good receivers based on last years had a lot projected to be pro bowl caliber players.

I think this year we have a great chance at getting a solid #2 reciever in one of our 1st 3 rounds. I like both of the WRs from Georgia; Fred Gibson and Reggie Brown. There is also Roddie White from UAB, Chris Henry from WestVA, and Roscoe Parrish from Miami. I think that all of these guys could step in and immediatly challenge Gaffney for the #2 spot becuase, though non are as polished as Gaffney, they all have better speed and an ability to stretch the field.
Old 02-27-2005   #2
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

I dont know about pro bowl talent but there sure are some WR's in this draft that could stretch the field with their speed....there are some pretty fast rb's too...both of the UAB tigers looked really good and so did the little arrington guy...man does he have some explosion out of him...did any of you catch his vert leap...for being short that guys has some springs for legs.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #3
pskinny
Veteran

If Mike Williams is still there at 13, the Texans will take him. You can count on it.
pskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If you have a grain...take it.
Quote:
We’re hearing that USC WR Mike Williams originally opted not to work out at the NFL Scouting Combine because he had already been promised to be selected No. 5 overall by the Buccaneers.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...ispers2001.htm

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read