Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-16-2009   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If Dez Bryant is available when the Texans pick...

Would you want him? Especially if Earl Thomas is gone? He is just a special talent that could be a real gamechanger that Jacoby can't be
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #2
vanknights2002
Rookie

Default Re: If Dez Bryant is available when the Texans pick...

If we address all are needs in the off season then yes. But I would take Thomas is he is there.
vanknights2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have bigger needs then WR first round... unless we decide to not offer KW another contract or JJ.

Andre Davis contract expires this year and we'll be free from that bad contract. Other then when AJ went down he hasn't done anything special.

What we have behind them as far as play makers at WR leaves a lot to be desired.

David Anderson is a decent slot guy but couldn't go higher then a #3 on this team unless pressed into the role. Which would suck.

Martinez might develop into a good receiver, certainly has the speed to be a deep threat. Not sure if he's consistent enough yet though.

IMO I think KW plays a underrated role in the offense and I feel confident they'll resign him. JJ is a coin toss.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have much bigger needs than WR in the 1st round. CB, FS, OG, DT etc....
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #5
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be silly not to consider it.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

hell yeah, at least I would. Walter contract year too. he is elite, if he falls to the Texans pick it would be most surprising
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure. I need to see where we end up and what are our options. If we end up in the top 10 I 'd rather not take him in the top 10. If we can trade down to about 19 or 20 and get extra early picks, I could see taking in at that spot and in that scenario.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2009   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd probably pass. He's only marginally better than Briscoe. He's a better athlete, but not by much. The numbers would agree as well. Briscoe can be had in the 3rd or 4th (as of now) but he's easily more talented than some of the WR that went in the late first last year. He's got NFL size, hands, and ability to separate. His YAC is ridiculous. Just saying, from a value standpoint, I'd pass on Bryant who is overhyped.
Old 12-17-2009   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

read it & weep if you like but I have no problem with Dez. you witnessed how the loss of Owen Daniels hurt the Texans WHO ARE razor thin in regards to playmakers, imagine if Andre goes down for any extended time without an upgrade @ WR

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

2. Nate Allen, FS South Florida
3. Toby Gerhart, RB Stanford

Last edited by beerlover; 12-17-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: This would be an amazing draft-
Old 12-17-2009   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
read it & weep if you like but I have no problem with Dez. you witnessed how the loss of Owen Daniels hurt the Texans WHO ARE razor thin in regards to playmakers, imagine if Andre goes down for any extended time without an upgrade @ WR

Yeah, I agree, we need another play maker on offense. If you can't get one at RB, then a burner is acceptable.

Last edited by BigBull17; 12-18-2009 at 07:25 AM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

2. Nate Allen, FS South Florida
3. Toby Gerhart, RB Stanford
I agree, we need playmakers. I think Gerhart could be one, and he wont last to the 3rd. Gerhart will have to be our second pick.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

No way.

We've got a glut of good WR's and a joke of a run game.

Our D-Line is still a joke and we're gonna need another CB this offseason. Not to mention, we still need a stud Safety.

If OD can't get back to where he was, then let Rick Smith work his magic and get another 4th rounder at TE.

Not to mention, we all saw the 3-ring circus that was Crabtree this offseason. We don't need MC Hammer hanging out on our sideline either.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
No way.

Our D-Line is still a joke and we're gonna need another CB this offseason. Not to mention, we still need a stud Safety.

If OD can't get back to where he was, then let Rick Smith work his magic and get another 4th rounder at TE.

Not to mention, we all saw the 3-ring circus that was Crabtree this offseason. We don't need MC Hammer hanging out on our sideline either.
Great post. Everything here is 100% correct.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #14
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way.

Man this hurts so much to say. OD was a Casserly pick.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

No. I would not.
Old 12-17-2009   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
It would be silly not to consider it.
Considered it.

Pass. We need help on the defensive side of the ball at mutiple positions, and our offensive line is hurting.

I dont have a problem with drafting a WR. Just would rather get help at a critical spot, then worry about WR in the next couple of rounds.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
We've got a glut of good WR's
you've got to be kidding me

without Andre Johnson, due to injury or contract (#1 WR in the NFL 1237yds 8 TD's) the next WR the Texans have is Kevin Walter ranked #59 518yds. 1 TD, #108 David Anderson 326yds. 0 TD's, #130 Jacoby Jones 276yds. 4 TD's & #317 Andre Davis 28yds. 0 TD's. If that is your opinion we've (Texans) have a glut of good WR's then I don't want you to be our GM or Texecutioner to do a coaches search because he thinks Kubiak has all these multi-faceted WR's @ his disposal

Last edited by beerlover; 12-18-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2009   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

No...

1:....we have other more pressing needs

2:....He's not all that good imo, he just has the measureables that pro scouts fall in love with.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we have other needs, but I have a feeling that Bryant is going to be a game changer. There is still a lot that we will learn about the young professional and player in the coming months, but based on what I saw him do on the field he needs to be in the conversation if available.
Old 12-17-2009   #20
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover

If he falls to us we probably have to take him. Especially if Earl Thomas is gone. Playing with Andre would only make him a better player. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall, even if he does have an attitude he is still one of the best. Having AJ as the 1 and Dez as the 2 and Jacoby or DA in the slot could be deadlier than Fitzy and Boldin. He would be a BPA pick for sure.

Dez Bryant
Kyle Wilson
and than priority picks from here on.

I think in the off-season we will make the signing necessary to get this team to playoff contenders.

And I am really pulling for Arian Foster.
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read