Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2009   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brice McCain

Ok, so sorry about starting a new thread but although there were a lot of big plays (and players) against a team on the ropes, and I'll take'em anyway I can get'em. AJ, Schaub, DeMeco, Mario, and Pollard all played like the studs they are and although Brice is not in thier class he deserves a big shout out for these three reasons:

1. Defensed a pass in the end zone against Houshmadilla negating a TD, which eventually led to a take over on downs.

2. On a Punt Return he hauled ass down the field he almost makes a huge stop as soon as the KR caught the ball, but gets knocked away, but even after missis the tackle runs all the way across the field for the stop, and makes up for the missed tackle.

3. And my favorite thing of the day was when he got up in the grill of some big ass Linemans after a play, I can't remember what happened, but he was ready to go toe to toe with a guy with no fear in his eyes. I was pretty impressed.

So I'll call this the "Under the Radar Shout Out Award". Just thought that McCain needed some props.
Old 12-14-2009   #2
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brice McCain

him and foster
Old 12-14-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

He also gave up the TD to Carlson if I'm not mistaken. He had bad positioning on that play.

Still - he's done better than you can expect from a sixth-rounder.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #4
JMacaroni
On the bubble

Rep Power: 280 JMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respected

He got in Curry's face after the late hit on Jacoby
JMacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacaroni View Post
Now I remember, I was thinking it was Curry, but I forgot it was a Special Teams Play.

Also I forgot the Carlson TD, hell he probably could have stopped that TD if he would have just pulled a Dunta and tackled Dunta at the LOS. So I guess the fact he got in a big dude like Curry's face made up for that in my mind.
Old 12-14-2009   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
He also gave up the TD to Carlson if I'm not mistaken. He had bad positioning on that play.

Still - he's done better than you can expect from a sixth-rounder.
You know... I was at the game. On at least two plays, I know that McCain lined up on the wrong side and both times Pollard had to get him to move to the other side to cover the completely unattended WR. If Pollard had not been alert to it, we would have seen another Chris Johnson uncovered TD back in week 2. I think McCain has the football skills but he doesn't have the football smarts. All I can tell you people who watched this game on TV... McCain totally owes Benard Pollard his gamecheck for Sunday. Pollard put McCain in position over and over.
Old 12-14-2009   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacaroni View Post
Lol. I think that Curry was by far the most intimidating one there. He didn't really get into his face. Just more of saying "hey that's a foul move man" before he knew who it was that was dishing out the punishment.
Old 12-14-2009   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

McCain looks to me to be cut out perfectly for the position of "New and improved Petey Faggins" and I don't mean that as an insult. He plays well when the field gets shorter and appears to me to be a promising nickel. Probably never be a starter but as long as he isn't pressed into starting constantly the way Faggins was he'll be a real good role player for us. That is as long as he keeps working hard.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Calling him Petey Faggins is an insult. He has the talent, he just needs to learn the scheme a bit better. He covered better than Dunta on some plays.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Calling him Petey Faggins is an insult. He has the talent, he just needs to learn the scheme a bit better. He covered better than Dunta on some plays.
I think its an apt comparison. Faggins wasn't bad for what his original role was supposed to be, which was a nickelback.

I think McCain definitely has better top end speed then Faggins,but Herv is right I don't think we'll see him transform into a starter anytime soon. I just hope he's not pressed into the role.

I do think both Quinn and McCain will allow us to drop Bennett next season if we choose to, We'll still likely have to draft another starting CB though in the first round. At least we'll be able to drop Dunta next year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as no one expects him to start I think he'll be molded into a fine nickel back. His speed is crazy
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

He's representing the "U" very well!

Utah that is.

Very impressed by his play in the redzone last week. You can see that his rookie curve is going up, he's learned more as the season progressed.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Brice McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
You know... I was at the game. On at least two plays, I know that McCain lined up on the wrong side and both times Pollard had to get him to move to the other side to cover the completely unattended WR. If Pollard had not been alert to it, we would have seen another Chris Johnson uncovered TD back in week 2. I think McCain has the football skills but he doesn't have the football smarts. All I can tell you people who watched this game on TV... McCain totally owes Benard Pollard his gamecheck for Sunday. Pollard put McCain in position over and over.
And people keep telling me I'm crazy for wanting a Pollard jersey...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I think McCain is a pretty good find in the 6th. Solid nickle. Quinn looks like a steal to me. Drop Dumbta and Bennett, draft a stud, we should be ok.
Old 12-15-2009   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol. I think that Curry was by far the most intimidating one there. He didn't really get into his face. Just more of saying "hey that's a foul move man" before he knew who it was that was dishing out the punishment.
I thought Curry jawed alot in the game but didn't do much. He's the anti-Cushing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #16
texan9885
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVP

Quote:
I saw the same thing, he seemed to be sprinting to the other side of the ball alot right before the snap, it made me think he was a really slow learner.
texan9885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thought Curry jawed alot in the game but didn't do much. He's the anti-Cushing.
I don't think he did much either but McCain looked like that he immediately backed off when Curry responded to him.
Old 12-15-2009   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
And people keep telling me I'm crazy for wanting a Pollard jersey...
He's having a helluva contract year since coming to Houston. Makes me think that we'll have stiff competition for his services after the season. I'd hold up on the jersey aspirations until he inks something with the Texans unless you're just a fan of the player... not necessarily his uniform. He could very well be elsewhere.
Old 12-15-2009   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did intercept Peyton Manning by jumping the route from behind the receiver.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
He did intercept Peyton Manning by jumping the route from behind the receiver.
DeMarcus Faggins made good plays here and there. Would you want him back on the team?

I still don't know who exactly blew the assignment on the Chris Johnson passing TD but I think McCain was on the field at the time. Seeing Pollard correct McCain before the snap over and over on Sunday made me think about that play back in week 2. If McCain needs help like that on a regular basis then I really don't want much to do with him.

I do think he has played well for the most part but I now believe that has more to do with Benard Pollard than anything else.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read