Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Keep Kubes in '10 Or Not?
Keep Him! 13 68.42%
Find Someone Else! 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009   #1
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keep Kubes Or Not?

Just wondering how everyone is feeling after the SEA game?
Old 12-14-2009   #2
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kepp Kubes Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Just wondering how everyone is feeling after the SEA game?
After the Jacksonville loss, everyone piled on the "Fire Kubiak" bandwagon, including the press. Specifically, that front page Chron.com slideshow on coaches available "if Kubiak is fired".

Andre Johnson came out later in the week and said he likes his coach, wants him to stay, and thinks the failures have been on the players, not on the coaching staff.

The team responded with a massive statement yesterday. I admit, I've been on the "Keep Kubiak" side all year, until after Jacksonville, when I thought the team had quit on him. After the way the team came together yesterday, it shows they WANT him here, and they HAVEN'T given up on him. What a tremendous effort.

Even if it is "just the Seahawks", they're still an NFL team. And to beat any NFL team by 27 points, especially a 5-7 team, is one hell of a feat.

I will now reserve opinion until after the season.
Old 12-14-2009   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keep Kubes Or Not?

To kepp Kubes, or not to kepp Kubes. That is the question.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 12-14-2009   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kepp Kubes Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
After the Jacksonville loss, everyone piled on the "Fire Kubiak" bandwagon, including the press. Specifically, that front page Chron.com slideshow on coaches available "if Kubiak is fired".

Andre Johnson came out later in the week and said he likes his coach, wants him to stay, and thinks the failures have been on the players, not on the coaching staff.

The team responded with a massive statement yesterday. I admit, I've been on the "Keep Kubiak" side all year, until after Jacksonville, when I thought the team had quit on him. After the way the team came together yesterday, it shows they WANT him here, and they HAVEN'T given up on him. What a tremendous effort.

Even if it is "just the Seahawks", they're still an NFL team. And to beat any NFL team by 27 points, especially a 5-7 team, is one hell of a feat.

I will now reserve opinion until after the season.
I'm in the same boat as you. I got the pink soap out after the Jax loss, but I think I will wait and see 'til the end of the season before I make up my mind.
Old 12-14-2009   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll vote yes, but with a "no contract extension" asterisk until after a winning season and/or playoff berth.
Old 12-14-2009   #6
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll only be able to evaluate after the season.

When we did the prediction game before the season the favorite was 10-6. Vegas said 8-8. I have a tough time voting for a change for being that close to expectations.

However, the way everything has unfolded, the decision to hire Frank Bush, and the lack of ability to finish under pressure points to get rid of him.

It probably hinges on whom we can replace him with. I DO NOT WANT to break in a new rookie head coach. So if we're not getting a proven guy, I'd lean to keep, but be willing to risk a Gruden/Cowher/Schottenheimer type situation, though even then a Siefert Carolina experience scares me too.
Old 12-14-2009   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

No.

Jipee another late season push for Kubiak to manage to get to 8-8 with an outside shot at 9-7.

Kubiak reminds me a high school student rushing to get all of his assignments in late and look for extra credit to get a passing grade.
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2009   #8
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post

When we did the prediction game before the season the favorite was 10-6. Vegas said 8-8. I have a tough time voting for a change for being that close to expectations.

However, the way everything has unfolded, the decision to hire Frank Bush, and the lack of ability to finish under pressure points to get rid of him.

It probably hinges on whom we can replace him with. I DO NOT WANT to break in a new rookie head coach. So if we're not getting a proven guy, I'd lean to keep, but be willing to risk a Gruden/Cowher/Schottenheimer type situation, though even then a Siefert Carolina experience scares me too.
Or Mariucci in Detroit. Or Pete Carroll in NY. Or Mike Ditka in NO. I'm sure the list goes on. There are more coaches who have failed in their second home than have succeeded.
Old 12-14-2009   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted keep him, I honestly can't stand the thought of starting over again. Our players will be more experienced and who knows, maybe we can find a running back that can hang on to the ball and a kicker who seems to have his intestinal fortitude. I think of all the hiccups that have occured this season and those two areas burn my ass the most. Kubiak can't do a damn thing about either except replace them and hope for the best.
Old 12-14-2009   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post

It can be a win, if you interview properly. Josh McDaniels, Sean Payton,
Mike Smith, Josh McDaniels,Tony Sparano, are ALL former coordinators
turned head coach. ALL, including Sparano's 1-15 Dolphins who sweaked out
a win against the Ravens on a last second catch-n-run by Camarillo, all tasted
the playoffs inside of THREE years! Kubes is going on his FIFTH, thats HALF
A DECADE, in the FREE AGENCY ERA, where you can rebuild a roster IN NO TIME
FLAT, before EVER sniffing 9-7. We've gone 1-5, 2-4, in the division EVERY YEAR
since his first! He ain't the best coach out there, folks.

If Kubiak is back next year, his leash will be SHORT at Reliant.

Last edited by DexmanC; 12-14-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2009   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67873

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read