Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2009   #1
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why do we only win when there is no pressure?

After losing 4 in a row when we were 5-3, a streak of meaningless wins is a bad joke. This is standard modus operandi every year with Kubiak.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why do we only win when there is no pressure?

or how about this crazy idea: the 3 teams (colts x 2) we lost to are much better than the hawks?!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak should have stuck with David Carr IMO. They both shine brightest in garbage time.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Kubiak should have stuck with David Carr IMO. They both shine brightest in garbage time.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67900
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys crack me up. 8-8 is good enough I guess.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude according to some 8-8 = winners!
Old 12-13-2009   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking about this today.. Bob McNair should ban the word "Playoffs" from use by the coaching staff, players and local media .... Everytime that word gets thrown around ,over the years, this team goes into a funk.

just like the little kid that wants to hang out with the big boys only to find out the Playoff Club will only allow 21 and up to enter
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2009   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

You think there was no pressure today? The Texans played like a team that knew that there was pressure on them. Today they passed with flying colors. Kubiak coached like he was under pressure. In the end, I don't think Kubiak will be here even if we win out to finish the season. But make no mistake, there was a lot of pressure today on the players and coaching staff today. They absolutely had to come out and play well and win.
Old 12-13-2009   #9
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

the acceptance of mediocrity has to stop. the same people who are happy and content with 8-8 are probably the same people who think that all kids should get a trophy for sportsmanship in pop warner!
in the words of mike singletary
I WANT WINNERS!!!!
Old 12-13-2009   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

who is happy with 8-8?

I sure the hell aren't but I have accepted the fact that this team is staying home for the 2nd season
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Because there is no preassure......

Sorry, but I think your question is the answer. This team needs the confidence it had when it was 5 and 3, but it needs it all year. Maybe by next year this team will realize it can win. It's like Circus Elephants, they chain them to a stake as babies, when they can't pull out the stake, and by the time the're adults they "think" they can't pull up the stake. This cracks under the pressure because it lacks confidence.

This team needs a shrink!!!!!
Old 12-16-2009   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou
this team needs a shrink!!!!!
Nah. They need several pairs of cast iron cojones.
Old 12-16-2009   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have no doubt that Matt Schaub will finish the season with the most passing yards in the NFL. He's less than a hundred yards behind the leader. Garbage time is exactly right.
Old 12-16-2009   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why they don't win more game, but I don't consider this garbage time in December. The Texans are still playing live games, even if they aren't going to the playoffs. I still enjoy my Sundays watching them. True Garbage Time begins in February when the only football to watch is repeats of games on NFLN.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Without Owen Daniels the Texans are average offensively, plus Steve Slaton, please. playmakers make or break games & they lack depth if key player's get hurt, also see last year when Andre had his knee issue first half of season. This organization needs to continue to build & develop talent. One great offseason via free agency along with the draft could be enough to put us over the top. oh yeah, there is such a thing as luck involved
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think most of it IS the stiffness of the competition. However, some of it is the coaching sucking donkeys when it really matters. Besides which, we should not STILL be so badly under .500 in our division, even as tough as it is. 1-5 in our division is inexcusable. Under the circumstances, .500 within it would have been great, and I could have lived with 2-4....barely.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just going to keep screaming this. "Texans, where mediocre happens.....and is accepted." The more I've debated the more it is my number one "Fire Kubes" point. Fans need to set a new standard. Not "looking good at .500." Not "maybe next year....AGAIN...because a TE got hurt."(injuries happen..Colts defense) Not "but this is alot better than before. Teams aren't making us a "W." Not, "but we lose by less now." The standard for every NFL team and coach should be playoffs and SB. They have been given the talent. The stats have grown. Yet there is nothing to show for it. That is on one person...coach. I honestly think that most "keep Kubes" arguments hurt their position. Rise up and get a new standard!! Because they current one is defeatist.
Old 12-16-2009   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We play NICE!! Until we develope a KILLER instinct we will remain mediocre. Not ONE player on our team gives 100% for half a game. They're like a bunch of little kids who need positive strokes from their mommy or they will cry.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
We play NICE!! Until we develope a KILLER instinct we will remain mediocre. Not ONE player on our team gives 100% for half a game. They're like a bunch of little kids who need positive strokes from their mommy or they will cry.
I like it!!!
Old 12-16-2009   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
So true!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read