Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2009   #1
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Secondary

I realize that it was just Seattle, but I thought our secondary did a decent job today. It looks like Quin could be a really solid player for us, and McCain has some potential. We basically know what we are going to get from Reeves and Dunta already.

Obviously FS is a huge problem for us. Barber seemed to make a couple of smart plays out there today, especially that one where our D completely broke down, and he appeared to go cover the open guy even though it may not have been his assignment. Anybody have any thoughts on him?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Secondary

all I can say is thank goodness for KC and their release of Pollard.. I think he has helped shore the secondary a bunch.. I would like to see a safety in the draft to pair with him.

d-ROB .. well I am figuring if the Texans knew then what they know now... we would have been done with him
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #3
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Barber definitely created Cushing's sack. Pollard's been a stud.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

im glad hes getting a game. hes getting a 6 game audition. he played well the last two. i like having two hitters back there
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #5
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
im glad hes getting a game. hes getting a 6 game audition. he played well the last two. i like having two hitters back there
It is nice to have another hitter, plus he is still quite young so maybe he has some potential.
Old 12-18-2009   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I realize that it was just Seattle, but I thought our secondary did a decent job today. It looks like Quin could be a really solid player for us, and McCain has some potential. We basically know what we are going to get from Reeves and Dunta already.

Obviously FS is a huge problem for us. Barber seemed to make a couple of smart plays out there today, especially that one where our D completely broke down, and he appeared to go cover the open guy even though it may not have been his assignment. Anybody have any thoughts on him?
I love Glover Quinn. I know we've had rookies come in & give us solid play only to disappoint the following season. But I've never felt this good about a Texans CB, with the exception of Aaron Glenn.

I don't think Reeves has played as well as he had last year. What was his injury again?

McCain... haven't seen anything special about him.

Barber has played very well against Seattle, and 1 half against the Jags. I hope he plays well over the next three weeks, & lock that spot up. We'll still have Eugene Wilson for next year as well.
Old 12-18-2009   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my positive personality: it still sucks...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2009   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I love Glover Quinn. I know we've had rookies come in & give us solid play only to disappoint the following season. But I've never felt this good about a Texans CB, with the exception of Aaron Glenn.

I don't think Reeves has played as well as he had last year. What was his injury again?

Barber has played very well against Seattle, and 1 half against the Jags. I hope he plays well over the next three weeks, & lock that spot up. We'll still have Eugene Wilson for next year as well.
At the very least, it would be nice if Barber could turn into a decent back-up. I would love to see us pick up Earl Thomas in the draft, and have him learn under Wilson. That would make Barber a back-up for Pollard, and our safety position would look a whole let stronger.
Old 12-18-2009   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

He broke a leg. Wonder if that cost him half a step....?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard's good to go.

Barber needs to be playing backup.

Wilson is an average, at best starter. Would like to see us invest a high draft pick at FS this year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
This is my positive personality: it still sucks...
Not as much as you think. McCain has speed and potential to be a shut down corner. GQ is nothing but solid and plays above average is both the pass and run. Reeves has not played up to what he did last year but he is still better than DRob. Barber will make good depth, Pollard is the real deal. I think we need one stud FS to make this a shut down group.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #12
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
He broke a leg. Wonder if that cost him half a step....?
him running step for step on a go route against chris henry cinci RIP and batted it away didnt show him losing a step, and even in the JAC game, he ran stride for stride with the guy and then tried to look for the ball (somethin he didnt do last year) and lost a step on the play which was a td. he has shown great deep speed once again this year, BUT.....like you said OBI maybe his speed lateraly, cuts etc are affected a little bit.... its not his deep speed though

i still think he has played good enough to be a #2 and Quin with #1. with a better pass rugh it will be scary
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #13
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

earl thomas anyone?
SteveSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #14
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
earl thomas anyone?
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read