Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2009   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Great Debate

This whole Pro/Anti Kubiak debate is getting more and more like the Chocolate/Vanilla debate.

There is no way you will ever convince a chocolate lover that vanilla is best and visa/versa.

Don't you ever get tired of brickw all:

Can't we all just get along?
Old 12-12-2009   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: The Great Debate

I don't perceive it that way, I see it as nothing more than one side envisions a future of football without the same sense of dread, the other side is more dedicated to the status quo. I don't begrudge them their dreams, no more than I feel they begrudge mine. And I surely don't grow tired of the debate, it's why I come here to post
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't a matter of preference, its a matter of necessity. There's no inherent wrong choice if one prefers a flavor of ice cream to another. When McNair hired Kubiak he decided he hired a coach who he feels is most necessary for the program to be a winning one. That is the decision he'll have to re-affirm in the off-season. Should Kubiak be allowed to finish his last season on his contract because it is necessary for the Texans to be a winning franchise?

[/abnoxiously overanalyzed topic from every thread recently]
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
This whole Pro/Anti Kubiak debate is getting more and more like the Chocolate/Vanilla debate.

There is no way you will ever convince a chocolate lover that vanilla is best and visa/versa.

I learn quite a bit in some of the better arguments here. Let the arguments roll on...less crybaby stuff must die though. I have spoken!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

chocolate vanilla swirl is da best!
Old 12-12-2009   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

too bad it couldn't be a peanut butter/chocolate debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKx8ANaQ0U

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #7
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

i think the debate is great you have two groups who want the best for their team
as a member of the pink soap club i think kubiak has taken this team as far as he can and a change is needed
and while i understand why people support kubes i don't agree
and honestly with the way this team has played i need something else to talk about
Old 12-12-2009   #8
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

After Tuesday when people started to think straight again, it has actually be very interesting reading both sides of the debate. Althought there are a few that get upset when others do no agree with them.

But chocolate is always better than vanilla.
Old 12-12-2009   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
i think the debate is great you have two groups who want the best for their team
as a member of the pink soap club i think kubiak has taken this team as far as he can and a change is needed
and while i understand why people support kubes i don't agree
and honestly with the way this team has played i need something else to talk about
Wow. You really felt the need for that apostrophe?
Old 12-12-2009   #10
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Wow. You really felt the need for that apostrophe?
yes i did problem?
Old 12-12-2009   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

I like it when they swirl the 2 together.
Old 12-12-2009   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with the chocolate or vanilla parallel is that more minds change as losses accrue.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Its December in Houston, what else are football fans going to do? Its not like theres any meeningfull football to watch.
Old 12-12-2009   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

What I enjoy the most about the "Great Debate" is how wrong the right can be and how right the wrong can be............both help me form MY opinions.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I like it when they swirl the 2 together.
Kubiak is swirling...

:flushtoilet:
Old 12-13-2009   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
After Tuesday when people started to think straight again, it has actually be very interesting reading both sides of the debate. Althought there are a few that get upset when others do no agree with them.

Considering the fact that in the span of two days, I actually argued both sides of the debate, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out...

And yes, Monday Me was very angry with Tuesday Me because Tuesday Me simply wouldn't come around to my brilliant argument!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I am here to see who can produce the funniest posts. Period.

This place is not a place where anybody is going to win anything, by trying to persuade others to "see the light, and convert" to their viewpoint.

At some point, each person just has to let go of that mindset.

Argue the points, throw a dirty sucker-punch or some sand in someone's eyes every now and then (to vent and get things off the chest), but I personally feel that this is a better board when we all find a way to put down the long knives and keep it real.

Each thread seems to have that tipping point where it stops being about the topic and becomes about factions of people meeting behind the bus barn for an after-school fight.

Old 12-13-2009   #18
treduke
All Pro

maybe we should start a fight club thread
a thread where if two members have a problem they go to the fight club thread to settle the beef
just a thought
Old 12-13-2009   #19
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

anybody that thinks vanilla is better doesnt know what they're talking about. they're just wrong and arent real fans of ice cream. a real fan only eats chocolate ice cream and only in a cone. in this league, going in with a vanilla gameplan is going to get you destroyed. until we get everyone on the same page, we're going to continue to sit through another season of mediocre sundaes (see what i did there?)

i'm ron burgandy?
Old 12-13-2009   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Chocolate!

Only a loser would perfer vanilla!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read