Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Go Texan Store Question

Hey all, we're getting ready for our first game tomorrow and were wondering, is the store in the stadium open before the game?

I read on the site that the entrance inside the stadium doesn't open until after the 1st quarter, but my wife and I were hoping to do some browsing before the gates open, and maybe buy a footbal or something to try and get autographed before the players start their warm-ups.

I noticed normal store hours are 10-5:30, is that the same on game day? Do they let you buy something and bring it into the stadium (since I wasn't allowed to bring a football of my own)?

Thanks for the help.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Go Texan Store Question

Budweiser Plaza opens at 10am. These store opens at the same time and the entrance is next to the ticket booth in the center at the back of Budwesier Plaza. You can enter & exit Budweiser Plaza before the game without a ticket. You may want to ask the ticket takers at the left & right ends of Budweiser Plaza if you can bring a football in that you bought at the Go Texan Store.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Go Texan store will be open before the game but be warned, it is your one stop shop for over-priced Texans gear.

Whatever you see there will be a lot less at Academy.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The Go Texan store will be open before the game but be warned, it is your one stop shop for over-priced Texans gear.

but you won't see nearly as many happy shiny people.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #5
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

I figured it would be a lot more at the stadium, but the rules specifically state you can't bring a football into the stadium, and I was hoping to get one signed if I could, so I was hoping if I bought a football from the stadium I could bring it in and try to get it signed.
Old 12-12-2009   #6
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't they sell footballs in the concourses or no?
Old 12-12-2009   #7
TheCD
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Don't they sell footballs in the concourses or no?
Not sure what that is...but anywhere I could buy a football to try and get signed would be awesome. I can't pay cash though, that's the only catch...unless I drop by one of the (I'm assuming of course) million ATM's there must be at the stadium.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2009   #8
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i once stood in the go texans store for hours while herv and vinny chatted about something........ok maybe not hours......
Old 12-12-2009   #9
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

CD, there are plenty of merchandise stands inside the stadium.

copied from the Texans site:
Merchandise

ARAMARK Sports Entertainment manages the novelty stands at Reliant Stadium. Novelty stands are located throughout the concourses and can be located on the maps on pages 24 and 25 or as follows:

* The Go Texan Store features exclusive Reebok NFL products and is located at the south end of the Stadium. The Go Texan Store can be accessed from outside the Stadium through Budweiser Plaza only. Please note that the Go Texan Store cannot be accessed from inside Reliant Stadium until after the first quarter of a game.
* First level: 104, 109, 114, 117, 119, 124, 129, 134 and 139. The location at section 134 will be a Ladies and Kids stand and the location at section 139 will be a "What the Players are Wearing" location. The customized jersey program will be offered at this location this year!
* Third level: 306, 310, 313, 320, 327, 334, 338, 341 and 348.
* Fifth level: 501, 507, 515, 521, 527, 533, 541 and 547. All merchandise locations carry the best assortment of Texans merchandise, with many styles that are Stadium exclusives. Texans merchandise can also be purchased by phone order at 832.667.2300, by visiting the Go Texan Store Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or online at the Texans official website (HoustonTexans.com).
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
i once stood in the go texans store for hours while herv and vinny chatted about something........ok maybe not hours......
we forgot about you? it wasn't hours, it was so hot it seemed like hours though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #11
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we forgot about you? it wasn't hours, it was so hot it seemed like hours though.
not sure.......that's all i remember.......then getting killed by the eagles and driving you to the bus/train/whatever......then driving home

Old 12-15-2009   #12
bigpun91
Rookie

my wife and I bring our football to every game, and have gotten it signed by several players before the game.
bigpun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

We had a football for the Colts game and we had to throw it away. We'd brought it in for all the games then they told me I could not bring it in. Cage was so upset. He loved that football.

They's jerks and that's a bullshit policy. It's bad enough that we can't even bring in a bag of peanuts but dammit... a football to a football game?
Old 12-15-2009   #14
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
It's bad enough that we can't even bring in a bag of peanuts but dammit... a football to a football game?
Seems dumb till you get spiked in the back of the head by a dumb drunk who tossed it into the lower stands from the upper deck.

If it were me, I'd just deflate it and bring a hand pump if I wanted someone to sign it.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #15
TheCD
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
If it were me, I'd just deflate it and bring a hand pump if I wanted someone to sign it.

Well I took a chance and bought a "commemorative" football for $35 and got Pollard to sign it right before he had a big game. Add on to that the program had him on the cover with a poster of him in it, and I think it was meant to be! I think I'm going to get a case for the ball and frame his picture over it (obviously I'm REALLY hoping we re-sign him...his autograph was the one I was hoping for after Andre and Mario).

I was thinking if I can't get to a training camp to get the ball signed again, I'm going to try deflating it...one woman had a nice red texans helmet that had obviously been signed over a number of occasions by a ton of players. She can bring that in...but I can't bring in a stinking football to get signed? I get that the fotball could be hazardous...but who the hell is gonna throw or spike a ball they just got autographed?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read