Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Interesting Pollard Quotes

Quote:
"We need to be sound in our game,” Pollard said during an interview in the Texans' locker room. “We have to show up and show out. We can’t show up and pee down the leg. I really believe in the last four weeks, we’ve got to put it on the line.”
He's talking to you Chris White!

Quote:
“It’s just as far as showing up,” he said. “As a team, we have to be able to come together. Sitting at 5-7 right now, the way things have been in the NFL, you never can count yourself out. I actually was just watching TV (before) going into meetings this morning, and we’re still in there. Even if we weren’t, I just think us showing up for our own sake… We show up to pick up our checks – we look at our bank account and we know that the money is in there, so I think we need to show up and play.

“The last four weeks, it has been not us out there. You see flashes of things going on and you see flashes of goodness from the team, but you don’t see it for four quarters. And we need to kind of iron out that bad in us. We have to iron it out, because it can’t be with us.

“I really believe, like I said before, we’ve been sick the last four weeks, and it’s the illness called losing. And we just need to take some of that medication, it’s an antibiotic, it’s a shot, it’s something that we need to take, and I think guys’ eyes are open. You see that this team has never been to the playoffs, you see that this team has done things to be in the playoffs. But we don’t do it for a long period of time. So I think that we’re going to show up. And the thing about showing up, we’ve got to show out with it.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=828

Pollard was the only Texan to show up consistently against the Jags last game. He's absolutely balling lately, the past 4 games he has 41 tackles and 2 INT's... he should be our safety for the next 7-10 years if you ask me.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting Pollard Quotes

It's scary to think what our defense would have been like without him this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

One of my fav players now, for sure, love his attitude.
Old 12-10-2009   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a future leader. Once he gets a taste of the playoffs, he could
be OUR "Brian Dawkins." It's too bad the rest of his teammates are
nothing more than a more-talented "Kansas City Chiefs." It must suck being
one of two players to go balls out every game. The other one is a rookie,
by the way.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
He's talking to you Chris White!

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=828

Pollard was the only Texan to show up consistently against the Jags last game. He's absolutely balling lately, the past 4 games he has 41 tackles and 2 INT's... he should be our safety for the next 7-10 years if you ask me.
He was also in that group of guys who couldn't stop MJD on their last possession. He was missing tackles just like all the other defensive leaders (except Mario, because they wouldn't run it to him)
Old 12-10-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He was also in that group of guys who couldn't stop MJD on their last possession. He was missing tackles just like all the other defensive leaders (except Mario, because they wouldn't run it to him)
I would attribute that more to exhaustion from having to make every tackle before that all 4th quarter. The Jags were blowing past our front 7 running the ball and it was Pollard cleaning up their mess. And whatever missed tackles he may have had, you'd never fault him for not going 100% unlike others on the defense during that last drive.
Old 12-10-2009   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard just made the rest of the season interesting for me. A hint of flavor in our annual sprint to mediocrity.

That was friggin awesome, we need more of that and less Kubiak, heck Kubiak's future could use less of him addressing questions.
Old 12-10-2009   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know if he's under contract next year?

If he isn't, it needs to happen yesterday.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard is becoming one of my favorite Texans. I like him because he speaks his mind (within limitations), and he is a great person. Every interview I've seen with him he has always seemed just like a regular guy, and hes a very friendly type too. When he gets on the field though, thats a different story, he brings it on every play.

I still cant believe the Texans were able to get this guy. I consider him the best free agent the Texans have ever signed. I also love that he likes to knock the pi$$ out of people on the gridiron.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Does anyone know if he's under contract next year?

If he isn't, it needs to happen yesterday.
I searched all over the net for his contract information and its all disclosed... haven't found a single outlet with the terms... if I had to guess I'd say it was a 2 year deal but thats based on absolutely nothing
Old 12-10-2009   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I searched all over the net for his contract information and its all disclosed... haven't found a single outlet with the terms... if I had to guess I'd say it was a 2 year deal but thats based on absolutely nothing
I'm guessing the same thing. If he isn't under contract next year, seems like our "scoop" Houston media would have mentioned it by now.

Look no further for team leadership.

We just need a Pollard on the offense now.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #12
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a 1 year deal. He'll be a FA after the season.

Quote:
The Texans have signed 24-year old safety Bernard Pollard to a 1-year deal. Pollard played in all 16 games for the Chiefs last season and he made 98 tackles, defensed 1 pass, forced 3 fumbles and he picked off a pass. Pollard has played in 48 games in his career and he has made 199 tackles, defensed 9 passes, has 1 sack, forced 5 fumbles and he has 3 interceptions. A big reason the Texans brought him in is because he packs a punch against the running game. The Texans have allowed a whopping 215.0 yards rushing per game this season.
http://www.texanslocker.com/category...ent-additions/
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post

This kid just made himself a ton of money. The Texans will have to come
off some coin to keep him.
Old 12-10-2009   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post

Because of his length of time in the league (currently 4th season), he will be a RFA so the Texans won't have pony up silly money. If the CBA changes because of a new agreement this could change, but the uncapped year petty much mean Pollard is here for 2010.
Old 12-10-2009   #15
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I like his mentality. He and Wilson did a good job back there, it was like right and left hand were on the same page. I think we lost a lot when Wilson went down, and now Pollard is having to overextend and kills the overall effectivness of the D.

See also: Steeler D without the "hair".
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
I like his mentality. He and Wilson did a good job back there, it was like right and left hand were on the same page. I think we lost a lot when Wilson went down, and now Pollard is having to overextend and kills the overall effectivness of the D.

See also: Steeler D without the "hair".
With Troy, that Steelers Defense is Head & Shoulders above the rest!
Old 12-10-2009   #17
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
With Troy, that Steelers Defense is Head & Shoulders above the rest!
+10 rep points for that one!
Old 12-10-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Because of his length of time in the league (currently 4th season), he will be a RFA so the Texans won't have pony up silly money. If the CBA changes because of a new agreement this could change, but the uncapped year petty much mean Pollard is here for 2010.
Good deal, although a long term contract would make sense too.... I can't help but think Demeco OD and Dunta would cringe to see another guy get paid who came from somewhere else... although Pollard would be worth every cent and has proven his worth
Old 12-10-2009   #19
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Good deal, although a long term contract would make sense too.... I can't help but think Demeco OD and Dunta would cringe to see another guy get paid who came from somewhere else... although Pollard would be worth every cent and has proven his worth
Do you honestly think anyone in the FO cares what Dunta would think...I don't even think Dunta cares what Dunta would think after his season.
Old 12-10-2009   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can see where you're coming from on Demeco. When it comes to Dunta, well I could care less what he thinks. Maybe he can go into show business after his NFL career, do a remake of Magnum P.I., and call it Dunta P.I.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read