Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2009   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 230 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My offseason wish list.

1. New GM
2. New Head Coach
3. New assistants
4. New QB
5. Draft a running back with a high pick
6. Draft or sign a decent safety
7. Draft or sign corners
8. Draft or sign DTs
9. New tackle.

I think Dunta and Daniels needs to be traded, I think Schaub needs to be traded.

I am in favor of the biggest shake up in the history of the franchise. Here is a list of players that I would keep the rest are subject to be dumped:
Mario, Demeco, Cushing, Slaton, Andre Johnson, Vonte Leach, Eric Winston and that's all.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My offseason wish list.

that's a lot of stuff!
Old 12-08-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really mind keeping Rick Smith, he's done a pretty good job with the draft.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

#4 #5 & #9 are both ridiculous and idiotic as are your trade suggestions. Move on people nothing to see here.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
#4 #5 & #9 are both ridiculous and idiotic as are your trade suggestions. Move on people nothing to see here.
Shit the way things are going on with Mr. Bob, #'s 1-9 is ridiculous...Don't see 'em spending NO mulah...oh but
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I don't really mind keeping Rick Smith, he's done a pretty good job with the draft.
Based on what? Just curious. Not saying he's done terrible, I just think average at best.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #7
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 230 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Judging from your objections to my list it would be safe to assume that you think Shaub is a durable QB that can play an entire season including the playoffs and lead the team to 4th quarter wins. I also assume that you believe Slaton, although clearly a good back, can be an every down back that can be relied upon in short yardage situations. You must also believe that Duane (can't remember his last name) is good in pass protection.

OKAY...... I'm sold. Next year the Texans are superbowl bound baby yeah!!!!
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2009   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow.

Just wow.

How about we trade the Texans organization that will really shake things up!!!

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #9
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

....and I thought I WAS PISSED ? That's a bit extreme. What you're saying is that you start from "zero". That ain't, nor should it, going to happen. Take a Xanax and calm down a bit....
Old 12-08-2009   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I do have a few complaints about Schaub, but he's still better than about half of the starting QBs in this league. There's a reason Rexxy Baby is a ex-super bowl QB, but is now Schaub's backup.

The idea of a complete reboot of the team scares me. The idea of a new head coach re-molding the team with some changes doesn't.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
Judging from your objections to my list it would be safe to assume that you think Shaub is a durable QB that can play an entire season including the playoffs and lead the team to 4th quarter wins. I also assume that you believe Slaton, although clearly a good back, can be an every down back that can be relied upon in short yardage situations. You must also believe that Duane (can't remember his last name) is good in pass protection.

OKAY...... I'm sold. Next year the Texans are superbowl bound baby yeah!!!!
We saw what happened when Schaub left the game Sunday. The whole offense curled up in the fetal position. It was pathetic and reminded me of all those awful Bears offenses. This team needs Schaub more than any other player on the team.

Whether or not Slaton is an every down back isn't the issue, the issue is spending a high pick on a back. I don't think thats ever a good idea. We need to address DT S G C or CB in the high rounds, safer picks with longer shelf life. Besides the interior offensive line is holding our running game back, not our running backs.

Duane had a bad game Sunday because he stupidly played through pain that obviously hindered his play. Thats on the coaching staff. Otherwise I think we're set at tackle with him and Winston. Remember, the INTERIOR line is the issue.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We saw what happened when Schaub left the game Sunday. The whole offense curled up in the fetal position. It was pathetic and reminded me of all those awful Bears offenses. This team needs Schaub more than any other player on the team.

Whether or not Slaton is an every down back isn't the issue, the issue is spending a high pick on a back. I don't think thats ever a good idea. We need to address DT S G C or CB in the high rounds, safer picks with longer shelf life. Besides the interior offensive line is holding our running game back, not our running backs.

Duane had a bad game Sunday because he stupidly played through pain that obviously hindered his play. Thats on the coaching staff. Otherwise I think we're set at tackle with him and Winston. Remember, the INTERIOR line is the issue.
This. Teams would line up to sign Schaub if he was on the market. He would be the big name FA.
Old 12-09-2009   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
1. New GM
2. New Head Coach
3. New assistants
4. New QB
5. Draft a running back with a high pick
6. Draft or sign a decent safety
7. Draft or sign corners
8. Draft or sign DTs
9. New tackle.

I think Dunta and Daniels needs to be traded, I think Schaub needs to be traded.

I am in favor of the biggest shake up in the history of the franchise. Here is a list of players that I would keep the rest are subject to be dumped:
Mario, Demeco, Cushing, Slaton, Andre Johnson, Vonte Leach, Eric Winston and that's all.
I agree with 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8.

You can't trade Dunta and Daniels, they're both FA at the end of the year. You can't trade players that aren't under contract. Also it would take years to rebuild this team if we gut it the way you want. Yes there are players that need to be given their pink slip but you've taken it to the extreme.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8.

You can't trade Dunta and Daniels, they're both FA at the end of the year. You can't trade players that aren't under contract. Also it would take years to rebuild this team if we gut it the way you want. Yes there are players that need to be given their pink slip but you've taken it to the extreme.
OD is a RFA, and yes, you can trade them. Who cares about Dunta?

That said, trading OD would be dumber than anything Kubiak ever did.
Old 12-09-2009   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, lets get rid of Schaub, get a rookie QB, or a scrub off the scrap heap, and start all over again.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Yeah, lets get rid of Schaub, get a rookie QB, or a scrub off the scrap heap, and start all over again.
Quinn might be available.
Old 12-09-2009   #17
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't agree with the never draft a RB in the 1st Round mantra. I think it is OK to draft a RB in the 1st Round, but they need to be special: Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, O.J. Simpson, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, etc.
Old 12-09-2009   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Quinn might be available.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #19
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

how can u suggest trading one of the best TEs and our most productive reciever this year? Dunta should take nickle cb money or leave

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read