Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2009   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans to sign Henry to active roster

Quote:
I'm told the #Texans will be signing RB Chris Henry off their practice squad.
http://twitter.com/caplannfl

Texans signing more Tennessee trash to their roster. Do not expect Henry to play(Arian Foster was promoted and has done what and/or has he seen any action? Answer: No). Roster move is going to need to be made unless someone goes to IR(Slaton?)
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to sign Henry to active roster

Henry is pretty good...running in straight lines. His only minor downside is that he isn't very physical and he doesn't break tackles and isn't very good at making tacklers miss.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #3
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Question is: Will he see any time? Doubtful. Even Moats has a hard time getting carries despite being productive for the most part while being in there.
Old 12-08-2009   #4
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 116197 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Henry is pretty good...running in straight lines. His only minor downside is that he isn't very physical and he doesn't break tackles and isn't very good at making tacklers miss.
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was this show this evening?
Old 12-08-2009   #5
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was this show this evening?

Nice.
Old 12-08-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow this is really depressing.... For all those people clamoring for Arian Foster, this isn't a good sign at all. If Foster can't even beat out Chris Henry then I'm going to have to completely write Foster off as far as future plans go.

Chris Henry sucks.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets see what Henry and Foster have to offer. We're in rebuilding mode again now anyways right?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Henry is better than most give him credit for. Why not give the guy a chance before beating him to death with a baseball bat?

The guy isn't Walter Payton, but he's also not had a lot of chances with the great ground game ahead of him in Tennessee. I know one thing - the one time Henry played against the Texans, he absolutely abused us.

Foster was never brought up to the roster to play RB, he was brought up to play special teams and fill in in case of emergency at RB.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Chris Henry sucks.
But can he throw the half back option? That's the key!!!!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #10
TigerWoods..Not
Rookie

He'll help us on special teams
TigerWoods..Not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
So if I understand the situation correctly he's a beast as long as there's nobody else on the field.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So if I understand the situation correctly he's a beast as long as there's nobody else on the field.

so your telling me there is a chance
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
But can he throw the half back option? That's the key!!!!
The real key is can he NOT throw a half back option!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got hope for the guy. I don't have any choice.

It doesn't get any worse than Chris Brown as our #1.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Question is: Will he see any time? Doubtful. Even Moats has a hard time getting carries despite being productive for the most part while being in there.
If Slaton is that bad off, why bring Henry up, if not to replace Moats? Kubiak will not take Chris Brown off the field, there's no reason to replace Foster, so I am assuming he plans on reducing Moats' touches.

Moats must have done something to Kubiak's cheerios.

For the life of me, I can't see why he doesn't like this kid.
Old 12-08-2009   #17
J_R
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Slaton is that bad off, why bring Henry up, if not to replace Moats? Kubiak will not take Chris Brown off the field, there's no reason to replace Foster, so I am assuming he plans on reducing Moats' touches.

Moats must have done something to Kubiak's cheerios.

For the life of me, I can't see why he doesn't like this kid.
For the life of me, I dont get many of the moves he may make or doesnt make
Old 12-08-2009   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I think Henry is better than most give him credit for. Why not give the guy a chance before beating him to death with a baseball bat?

The guy isn't Walter Payton, but he's also not had a lot of chances with the great ground game ahead of him in Tennessee. I know one thing - the one time Henry played against the Texans, he absolutely abused us.

Foster was never brought up to the roster to play RB, he was brought up to play special teams and fill in in case of emergency at RB.
This

He did tear up the Texans defense when he got the chance. Not that that is saying much.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #19
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I have zero confidence in our GM and Coaching Staff's ability to judge and utilize talent ...... especially the "utilize" part.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #20
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

it cant hurt to get a look at henry sometimes a change of venue does a player good it's not like we're in a playoff race

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read