Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2009   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster

It's time for him. Slaton is hurting among other issues, I'll cry if I ever see Chris Brown in a Texan uniform again, he offers a big body with a decent college track record and has had time to watch NFL action for a good bit. Let's see what the young man can do. If it's not much what exactly will be lost?

BTW I think Moats is a good RB. It seems like when he runs he turns nothing into 3 yards, 3 into 5 and so on. Brown turns 5 into 3, 3 into nothing and nothing into the dumbest play ever. I was down for more Moats when he ripped up the Bills and I'm down for more Moats now. I'm not holding him up as the answer, just as the best RB on the current roster.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

Yep. No reason for Foster not to get 10 touches this week. That being said, we'll hear the same ol, "should have played the kid more" BS we've heard for 4years. Glenn Martinez , if you like him at all, needs WR snaps as well.
Old 12-08-2009   #3
aamcneill
Rookie

I agree. I was a big supporter of the Texans taking Foster with a late round pick in the draft (obviously not knowing a lot about his draft rankings) and was happy when they signed him as an undrafted FA. We've got four games left and a very slim shot at the playoffs. Time to see what kind of inventory we've got on the shelves.
Old 12-08-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one would like to see Moats start and get 20 carries. Use Slaton to spell Moats as a gadget RB/WR and on 3rd downs. Give Arian 3-5 carries. Take away Brown's parking pass at Reliant and dear God don't let him on the plane for road games.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently, Kubiak like using Chris Brown as an extra guard. In his system,
the runningback only exists to help the quarterback pass the ball better.
If any of the other guys are in the game, then the other team will KNOW
we are trying to run the ball. We can't FOOL them, if Chris Brown isn't in
the game. Don't ya see???
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I for one would like to see Moats start and get 20 carries. Use Slaton to spell Moats as a gadget RB/WR and on 3rd downs. Give Arian 3-5 carries. Take away Brown's parking pass at Reliant and dear God don't let him on the plane for road games.
Slaton has a stinger type injury and I think he could be shut down for the year. Maybe trim weight in the offseason. I would go with Foster, Moats, and Henry. Gotta see what u got for next year.
Old 12-08-2009   #7
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

10 runs this week and ill be happy
HouSportsWriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2009   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

I had posted this in a thread on Sunday that died on the vine, but here it is again. Still true, IMO...

The more I see Ryan Moats, the more I like him. He's an effort guy. Not the most gifted RB out there and he'll never have what it takes to be "the guy." But he plays hard and makes the most of what he's given.

Flip side of that coin - Chris Brown looks done. Put him out to pasture now please and lets see if we have anything with Arian Foster. It's not like we're relevant in the playoff hunt.

So, yeah, if Slaton is done then please start Ryan Moats and start salting in some Arian Foster so we can see "what's what." Please don't trot Chris Brown out there anymore. If you're going to do that shit, you might as well just bring back Ron Dayne. Chris Brown makes me long for the Dayne Train.
Old 12-08-2009   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry, who?
Old 12-08-2009   #10
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15236 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

He shares a name with a successful hockey player, so it took a while to track him down. I was able to find this.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

His Mother posts here...nice lady

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been wanting to see what Foster can do for some time now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thorn - I'd like to see what you could do. Could you fall down at the los? Maybe throw a pick on a halfback pass? I'm thinking you have what it takes to start at RB for the Texans.
Old 12-08-2009   #14
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, i honestly forgot all about this guy on the roster.... a spec of intrigue left in the season..... besides figuring out how we are going to make the Pats game meaningfull and get as big a lead as possible on brady before colllapsing.....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Thorn - I'd like to see what you could do. Could you fall down at the los? Maybe throw a pick on a halfback pass? I'm thinking you have what it takes to start at RB for the Texans.
What's the NFL minimum salary these days? whatever it is, I know I could fall down, fumble, and throw stupid halfback passes with the best of them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #16
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'm sorry, who?
Arian Foster, the best effort they made to bring in a RB this year (UDFA). He's got as big of a body as Chris Brown but if he tried a juke move or a stiff arm he would be a light year ahead of CB in the RB skills department. Oh and I believe he could outrun a D made of grandmothers so he's got that over CB too.
Old 12-09-2009   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Arian Foster, the best effort they made to bring in a RB this year (UDFA). He's got as big of a body as Chris Brown but if he tried a juke move or a stiff arm he would be a light year ahead of CB in the RB skills department. Oh and I believe he could outrun a D made of grandmothers so he's got that over CB too.
he looked pretty good in the preseason. He was elusive in short space and had burst around the edge. He fumbled the ball once and we never saw him again.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #18
TimeKiller

Even if he fumbles, what exactly is lost? We've dealt with ineffectiveness and fumbling all year so seeing if someone else can do something different shouldn't be a trip. Put the kid in Kubiak.
Old 12-09-2009   #19
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

http://twitter.com/NickScurfield/status/6505140579
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he looked pretty good in the preseason. He was elusive in short space and had burst around the edge. He fumbled the ball once and we never saw him again.
He didn't have the black mail stuff Brown had. thats the only explanation for C Brown still being an everyday player.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read