Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2009   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Assuming Kubiak Stays.....

And it's a real safe assumption. Feel free to check the Cowher thread for the latest rumors.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=497
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319454&postcount=498

Looks like all signs are pointing to Kubiak staying around for another year.

When McNair says it's on the players, he really means it's on the players. Take that vote of confidence for Kubiak last week at face value.

What's your plan as a fan for next year?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Kubiak Stays.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
My plans for next year will not change no matter what happens in the off season. I'll be here cheering them on. Until I get pissed again, then I'll still be here cheering them on, but berating whatever aspect of the team I feel is the problem.

Just like always. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #3
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much same as Thorn. Though if I were a season ticket holder I'd be steamed and probably wouldn't be if they didn't can Kubes. It's times like these I'm happy I'm not financially invested in this team.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
It's times like these I'm happy I'm not financially invested in this team.
Actually this might be a good time to invest (more along emotional terms)
in the team with expectations already being lowered substantially for the upcoming 2010 season ?
But I'm with the Texans, no matter their record.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Actually this might be a good time to invest (more along emotional terms)
in the team with expectations already being lowered substantially for the upcoming 2010 season ?
But I'm with the Texans, no matter their record.
If they don't fire Kubiak, then I'll still cheer (I've been with them this long - why quit now?) but I won't expect anything. If we do well, great. But I'm not counting on it.

McNair might think that its on the players, and that's fine. But there are (or should be) coaches behind the players getting them ready for Sunday and holding them accountable for their play. That's where the blame should reside.
Old 12-08-2009   #6
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Get ready to cheer for Kubes cuz he will be back.

"Listen to the fans and you will soon be sitting with them...."
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with them too. Just not putting as much emotion in them. It helps my heart rate. If Kubiak stays I would like to see him make a big FA or Draft splash. Something to get the fan base excited again.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2009   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

More fishing will be my plan. My expectations for next year will be 8-8 and my time investment in the Texans will follow suit. The latest chirpings sound like McNair is going to ride out the choppy CBA waters with the current regime. From a business standpoint I get it, as a fan it makes me apathetic.
Old 12-08-2009   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cheer from my couch and vote with my wallet.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wear red on Battle Red Day, wear white on Liberty White Day, wear blue on Steel Blue Day and yell my ass off!!! What else??
Old 12-08-2009   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to keep cheering these guys on regardless. I honestly think we are headed in the right direction and I know I'm in the minority, but I'd actually like Kubiak to stay. I do not see another person out there right now that is a better fit for this current roster. I think he's got his system in place and the new defensive/offensive coordinators will have another year under their belts, which will definately help. I put a lot of the blame on the players and think that we really need some vocal veteran leadership on this team, not including Dunta. I think there's a lot of frustration and knee jerk reactions going on right now by the fans and I think a coaching change would be the same type of reaction by the owner. It's really tough to get from bad to mediocre to elite. We made it half way, not it's it's going to be even harder to made the next step. Remember back how pathetic we were before Kubiak got here. Most of us were just hoping for some form of a team that actually resembled an NFL franchise. We have assembled that by completely overturning the roster and dealing with a screwed up franchise left by the Casserly/Capers combo. We are headed in the right direction folks, but it's a little slower than I or you hoped for. Regardless of how you feel, we are building this thing right, through the draft, but it takes a little longer. I think we've got a great core group of players now and we can actually focus on a few key free agent acquisitions that can help push us over the top. So, I'm actually pushing for him to stay.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm down no matter what. Good times and bad.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

If McNair's right (and he isn't) and all this ineptitude is on the players, then that brings about more questions.

Fans are jumping right off right now and we need seasoned veterans. Are we going to make a splash in free agency to turn the tide?

How the hell are we gonna fix the run game? How many more linemen and running backs are we gonna need to get positive yards?

Are we gonna draft more promising linemen and not play them like Antoine Caldwell?

Can we finally put Alex Gibbs out to pasture?

WTF are we gonna do about our DB's? Can we finally get a stud safety?

Last year it was the hurricane. This year it's the youth. What's the excuse gonna be next year?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #14
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Then I'm done. The Texans gear stays in the closet. I go out on Sundays to watch all the games at sports bars and cheer on my fantasy football team and perhaps the Saints.

I'm not satisfied with being treated like a mindless drone who will cheer a team on regardless of how stupid the owner is. This is a dealbreaker for me. The proverbial straw.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
More fishing will be my plan. My expectations for next year will be 8-8 and my time investment in the Texans will follow suit. The latest chirpings sound like McNair is going to ride out the choppy CBA waters with the current regime. From a business standpoint I get it, as a fan it makes me apathetic.
^^This^^ I just replaced the head gasket on my little outboard and I'm already ready to go out again.

I will still watch them every Sunday and go to my handful of games, but I will no longer allow them so much emotional control over me.
Old 12-08-2009   #16
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think I'll be renewing my season tickets, but I live in New Mexico. If I lived out in Texas, probably be a different story. I'll still purchase Sunday ticket and be cheering them on, prob to another 8-8 season.
Old 12-08-2009   #17
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
^^This^^ I just replaced the head gasket on my little outboard and I'm already ready to go out again.

I will still watch them every Sunday and go to my handful of games, but I will no longer allow them so much emotional control over me.
I already made that decision 2 weeks ago. I'm normally screaming at the TV and seriously pissed off after a loss. My blood pressure goes through the roof and my week is ruined until atleast Wednesday. I finally had to say "screw it" and just not get so wrapped up in it. I mean hey, it's not like I'm out there actually suiting up where I have some sort of control as to what goes on during a game. I miss being that fired up, but it's not healthy for me and I can't keep riding that emotional rollercoaster.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Then I'm done. The Texans gear stays in the closet. I go out on Sundays to watch all the games at sports bars and cheer on my fantasy football team and perhaps the Saints.

I'm not satisfied with being treated like a mindless drone who will cheer a team on regardless of how stupid the owner is. This is a dealbreaker for me. The proverbial straw.
Im getting there. It's so hard to watch a team when yopu keep waiting for the hammer to drop. They got the hammer out of the way early Sundasy, only to have it drop twice. It sucks that I'm a hard core MF'er and they have turned me into a shell shocker ghost of a Texas fan.
Old 12-08-2009   #19
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 141 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I'm down no matter what. Good times and bad.
Pretty much sums it up.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #20
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's right that the failure lies more with the players than the coaches.

It's not Kubiak out there missing a dozen tackles a game to let opponents continue drives, getting blown off the line of scrimmage on every snap, missing field goals, etc.

However, it is Kubiak calling HB passes in clutch moments of the game, not playing to his team's strengths, sticking to the gameplan even when it's clear that the opponent has schemed to stop it, only bringing in 1 or 2 quality starters each year, and not developing young talent in preference of giving most of the playing time to marginal journeymen.

The problem may be 70-80% on the players, but Kubes isn't doing them any favors, or developing the young players like a good coach should.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read