Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "True Blue" Richie Justice still backing his guy Kubiak

I'm not giving up on Gary Kubiak. OK, I'm stubborn. It's just that I want to see how things play out these last four games.
I still believe Kubiak might be the right guy to take the Texans to the playoffs. I'm guessing McNair feels the same way and is searching for a reason not to fire him.
The Texans are 5-7, but they're a play here and a play there from 11-1.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6758499.html
I know all of you guys love Justice, so by popular demand here's his latest take on Kubiaks chances of keeping his job.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "True Blue" Richie Justice still backing his guy Kubiak

He shows his ass everyday. I think he collects arguments from both sides here and then just flip-flops
Old 12-08-2009   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

He couldn't have been more against him for so long and now that people are turning he flops over to the support side?

What a stupid.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The love, the sheer adoration for Richie. And during the Holidays to. It's truely touching !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's right, a play here and a play there and we have 11 wins. Too bad we have shown we can't and wont make that play. Why would that change?
Old 12-08-2009   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The Texans are 5-7, but they're a play here and a play there from 11-1.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6758499.html
I know all of you guys love Justice, so by popular demand here's his latest take on Kubiaks chances of keeping his job.
I say 5 plays here and 5 plays there - and that brings me right to our record of 5-7.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not clicking on any link that directs me to dickie boy's drivel, not going to contribute to his page hits.
Old 12-08-2009   #8
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Dickie supports anything that will rile the fan base. Its what he does. Why people continue to read him is beyond me.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #9
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Dickie supports anything that will rile the fan base. Its what he does. Why people continue to read him is beyond me.
Exactly.

If you stay the sky is blue, he'll argue that it's red. All Dickie wants to do is be a contrarian in order to create his own publicity. He's a less successful, hackier version of Skip Bayless. And they're both equally annoying.

Dickie doesn't really believe in anything. He argues for the minority or controversial view, no matter how wrong or moronic it is.

He's an assclown.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Exactly.

If you stay the sky is blue, he'll argue that it's red. All Dickie wants to do is be a contrarian in order to create his own publicity. He's a less successful, hackier version of Skip Bayless. And they're both equally annoying.

Dickie doesn't really believe in anything. He argues for the minority or controversial view, no matter how wrong or moronic it is.

He's an assclown.
I've been saying this for a long time and even told him that when I took the time to write him years ago. If you hear him accidentally on 1560, half the time, he doesn't even know specifics about games, coaches, game planning...anything. His goal is to take a pure opinion and get the masses in a tizzy. He has no value.

And yes an ass -
Old 12-08-2009   #11
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
He shows his ass everyday. I think he collects arguments from both sides here and then just flip-flops
Hahaha! Agree on all counts.
Old 12-08-2009   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
That is exactly why people keep reading him. He may be a jerk, but he ain't stupid. He knows if he can get the readers angry by presenting a less popular and possibly inane point of view, they will continue to read and react. As far as sports are concerned, he just might be the best yellow journalist around.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Richard Justice supports Kubiak?

Well that's just another strike against the head coach as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-08-2009   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I'm not giving up on Gary Kubiak. OK, I'm stubborn. It's just that I want to see how things play out these last four games.
I don't understand this. Can someone explain how the meaningless last 4 games are a better gauge of where this team is than the stretch of the last 4 games where we were battling for a playoff slot?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Richard Justice supports Kubiak?

Well that's just another strike against the head coach as far as I'm concerned.
I thought this. Maybe it is a thing where McNair is like..."he's gone."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't understand this. Can someone explain how the meaningless last 4 games are a better gauge of where this team is than the stretch of the last 4 games where we were battling for a playoff slot?
Agree. You can coach, play, etc more loosely when there is nothing to play for and you are trying to get to .500. Yet the last 4 games were "playoff" standing games and they failed. How is that not an indictment on the progress?
Old 12-08-2009   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sure the more myopic fans among us believe that we can win out for our First Winning Season and then the sun will shine and the ice cream man will give out free frozen treats and Kubiak can then lead us in a nice camp song of Kum-by-yah while we hold hands and raise the wine glasses filled with Koolaide in order to toast "next year".

Old 12-08-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, we can always count on nanu, Dicks biggest supporter, to post the latest Dick drivel.
Old 12-08-2009   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Umm...it's great to build worthless momentum that wont translate to next year? Get hopes high only to be unable to take the next step AGAIN? There is no reason we should feel they can flip a switch and win important games. I'm done tricking myself into thinking it'll happen.
Old 12-08-2009   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Umm...it's great to build worthless momentum that wont translate to next year? Get hopes high only to be unable to take the next step AGAIN? There is no reason we should feel they can flip a switch and win important games. I'm done tricking myself into thinking it'll happen.
ah yes, you remind me of the real reason "finishing strong" is important to McNair. Marketing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read