Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2009   #1
Comanche
Rookie

Default a thought...

haven't posted here in quite a while but have a thought...we make a trade.

Not the team, because they don't have much to offer, but the whole city. I propose that the City of Houston protect Bernard Pollard, Brian Cushing, Mario Williams and Andre Johnson and trade the entire rest of the roster....along with the Astros organization, Minute Maid Park, the MetroRail, the purple lot, and Chronicle writers Richard Justice and John McClain, and our #1 pick for the #1 pick in the NFL Draft this year.

(This might necessitate our losing the rest of the games on the schedule to have a higher draft pick to offer)

And take Ndamukong Suh.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: a thought...

Throw in all the drivers that pull up to a toll booth and spend ten minutes looking for change in their car and you might have something there.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

John and Lance were discussing whether they'd trade Mario for Suh, this morning.

I thought that was an interesting proposition and I almost couldn't decide myself.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the metro rail. What's wrong with that? Tons of people in downtown use it to get around everyday. I say keep the rail and throw in our road constructions and we have a deal.
Old 12-07-2009   #5
Comanche
Rookie

I see your point. I like it too, but thought we should at least offer SOMETHING of value. haha
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #6
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
I see your point. I like it too, but thought we should at least offer SOMETHING of value. haha
I think a fruitcake has more value than the Astros organization, Minute Maid Park, metrorail, the purple lot, and Richard Justice and John McClain combined.

EDIT, keep the rail. It's decent transportation to the games. If you want to suffocate to death.

Last edited by AnthonyE; 12-07-2009 at 08:03 PM.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #7
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Doublepost
Old 12-07-2009   #8
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we throw in all the damn wrecker drivers who try to run you off the road to get to a call so they can all get a chip in and have the same chance as the last guy who showed up on scene?

I started to chase one down and shoot out a tire after he almost ran me off the road...
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
John and Lance were discussing whether they'd trade Mario for Suh, this morning.

I thought that was an interesting proposition and I almost couldn't decide myself.
Tough choice .... I'd have to lean Suh for the moment , ask me again next Sunday and that might change.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Tough choice .... I'd have to lean Suh for the moment , ask me again next Sunday and that might change.
Who is Suh?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Who is Suh?
Ndamukong Suh

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't even fathom Suh's signing bonus.... $40 million atleast... when you're a lock for the #1 pick in early December you're a pretty special player and special players get paid... future agents have to be sending beemers to this kids house already
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #13
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now its going to be either the Browns drafting a QB first or the Buccs going DT first.
Old 12-08-2009   #14
sportfan73
Rookie

Rep Power: 136 sportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Who is Suh?
surely you jest
sportfan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #15
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
haven't posted here in quite a while but have a thought...we make a trade.

Not the team, because they don't have much to offer, but the whole city. I propose that the City of Houston protect Bernard Pollard, Brian Cushing, Mario Williams and Andre Johnson and trade the entire rest of the roster....along with the Astros organization, Minute Maid Park, the MetroRail, the purple lot, and Chronicle writers Richard Justice and John McClain, and our #1 pick for the #1 pick in the NFL Draft this year.

(This might necessitate our losing the rest of the games on the schedule to have a higher draft pick to offer)

And take Ndamukong Suh.
why do i hear one of those "real men of genius" radio commercials in my head right now?
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read