Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2009   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default A Message for the Organization

Soooo I am guessing everyone is really, really frustrated with the way the season has turned out and would love to have your opinion on the state of our franchise seen or heard.

The Raiders and Bills have both purchased a Billboard to show their displeasure with the current state of their organizations. It may not have done any good, but the Bills fired their Head Coach and the Raiders just beat the Steelers on the road.

So my question is, is there enough of us to raise money to lease a billboard to send a message to our organization.

I work in advertising and have contacts at the major outdoor vendors, so I can work on price and contract.

I am sure with the way we all use social media we can reach enough people to raise the money pretty quickly. Through Facebook, Twitter, Forums, etc we should be able to reach a large number of frustrated fans.

So who is in?
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #2
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Message for the Organization

I'm down!

How often do you have a couple of Super Bowl winning coaches without jobs? I mean good god strike while the iron is hot!

Let's let the organization know how we feel!

It might be a tax deduction too huh?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Spray paint + Seawall = Huge-ass message.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #4
JWarren14
Beer Me

Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I'm down!

How often do you have a couple of Super Bowl winning coaches without jobs? I mean good god strike while the iron is hot!

Let's let the organization know how we feel!

It might be a tax deduction too huh?
Not sure if it is tax deductible, think it has to be a donation to an approved charity.

I am contacting my reps to see what's available right now so we can get an estimate on cost.
Old 12-07-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think McNair needs a billboard to know how the fans feel right now. And it's more than possible McNair is part of the problem anyway.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Not sure if it is tax deductible, think it has to be a donation to an approved charity.

I am contacting my reps to see what's available right now so we can get an estimate on cost.
Do you have any idea what that would cost and also where we would run it?
Old 12-07-2009   #7
JWarren14
Beer Me

Cost will vary depending on many factors mostly it's location, but also if the board is on the left or right side of the road, if it is illuminated, the size, etc.

I will post the boards that I get back from my reps.

I was thinking how funny it would be if we put a board up in North Carolina where Cohwer lives.
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2009   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in as soon as we figure out our plan and price.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #9
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarren14 View Post
i was thinking how funny it would be if we put a board up in north carolina where cohwer lives.
now you're talking!
Old 12-07-2009   #10
Texans_bull
Veteran

Rep Power: 22 Texans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of Famer

I can print a sign to hold up at the next game...

I printed one last yea 42inches x 12 feet.. that said see u next year..

We can do something like that again...

I can even print 4.5 feet wide by however long.

hold it up at the next game...

on paper... then just trash it

Don't get me wrong i love My Texans but C'mon Man something has to give...
Texans_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #11
JWarren14
Beer Me

First one I got, I just asked to see what was around Reliant, I can look into other areas as well

$5,000 - This vendor is more expensive, but it's one of the only available boards near Reliant. Cost does not include production.

Old 12-07-2009   #12
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Who produces the artwork for the sign? $5k is a one month rental?
Old 12-07-2009   #13
JWarren14
Beer Me

Ya one month for $5k, they produce the vinyl which is an additional cost. We would produce the artwork.

This is a "prime board" definitely one of the more expensive ones around.
Old 12-07-2009   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

100 people at $50 a person plus production costs. What is your estimate for production costs Warren?
Old 12-07-2009   #15
JWarren14
Beer Me

Last quote I got on production of vinyl from this vendor on this size board was $700.

I will do some more looking tomorrow.

What areas of town, I was just looking for available ones near Reliant.
Old 12-07-2009   #16
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Soooo I am guessing everyone is really, really frustrated with the way the season has turned out and would love to have your opinion on the state of our franchise seen or heard.

The Raiders and Bills have both purchased a Billboard to show their displeasure with the current state of their organizations. It may not have done any good, but the Bills fired their Head Coach and the Raiders just beat the Steelers on the road.

So my question is, is there enough of us to raise money to lease a billboard to send a message to our organization.

I work in advertising and have contacts at the major outdoor vendors, so I can work on price and contract.

I am sure with the way we all use social media we can reach enough people to raise the money pretty quickly. Through Facebook, Twitter, Forums, etc we should be able to reach a large number of frustrated fans.

So who is in?

All you have to do is go to hcad.org and type his name in, you get his home AND mailing address -- why not mail directly to him?
Old 12-07-2009   #17
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

I'm in if we can get 200-300 folks it will be cheap

With this board + HT.com + Clutchfans + Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=209924997215

should be easy, just set up a paypal account

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

I think you should start a thread on all 3 of the bb and see what kind of commitments we can get. That will probably be the biggest determining factor in location. $700 for production costs seems pretty reasonable to me. So I think location will have to come down to dollars raised. Maybe post a few different options in case $5700 is out of reach. Honestly though I think we should be able to come up with it. It needs to happen before the season is over and our last home game.
Old 12-07-2009   #19
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

im in!!!!!!!!
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #20
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, but I can't support calling out your team that publicly. I think it's a pathetic move as a fan. Public showing should be positive. If you have negativity about the organization, keep it here, or send letters to the organizations. But putting a "Fire Kubiak" billboard next to the stadium is classless.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read