Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2009   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is it time to move on?

Heres how I see it.

I really really like Kubiak and really really wanted him to succeed here. Its not even about the win loss record. I would be willing to give him another year if he showed improvement as a HC but he hasn't. He is still making the same bad decisions he made his first year and shows no signs of improving. He seems to be at a loss why things arent getting better. Maybe he just needs to step back for awhile and look at things from another point of view. Thats what it takes sometimes. We could do as some suggest and ride it out hoping the light goes on but what has Kubiak shown that gives the impression that it will happen anytime soon? I can not justify, in my mind, risking another year of on the job training, hoping that he will figure it out when he hasnt shown any signs of improvement. I just cant see letting the talent this team has assembled go to waste for another year on HOPE.

This team has the talent to win NOW. In a leauge where the teams are so close talent wise and the slightest edge can mean the difference between winning and loosing, having coach who knows how to win that has a proven track record of making adjustments and handling tough situations with confidence and decisiveness makes all the difference in the world.

It comes down to 2 choices.

A.) Give the reigns to this young talented team an experienced leader they can look up to who can give them an identity and see if he can mold them into winners.

or

B.) Risk another YEAR of this teams talent and mental state on Kubiaks ability to improve as a leader and decision maker when hes shown no improvement in either area in 4 years.

Despite how much I like Kubiak the person, its an easy choice for me.
Old 12-07-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it time to move on?

I think most of us think that McNair is going to "David Carr" us again.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm certain of it.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Had we won just one of the last 4 games (all division games) we'd be 6-6 and
still in the conversation for a playoff berth. Long-shot but a chance. But instead we lost all 4 and we finished with a 1-5 record in the divsion and that's in Kubiaks 4th year. Even if we win out (not very likely) and finish 9-7 Kubiak has failed given we aren't going to be in the playoffs. However don't be surprised if McNair still keeps Kubiak, depending on the last 4 games.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If McNair tries to sack Kubes, I suggest Gary get behind Alex Gibbs' Oline where he should be just fine.
Old 12-07-2009   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Had we won just one of the last 4 games (all division games) we'd be 6-6 and
still in the conversation for a playoff berth. Long-shot but a chance. But instead we lost all 4 and we finished with a 1-5 record in the divsion and that's in Kubiaks 4th year. Even if we win out (not very likely) and finish 9-7 Kubiak has failed given we aren't going to be in the playoffs. However don't be surprised if McNair still keeps Kubiak, depending on the last 4 games.
The point i'm really trying to get accross in this thread that if you put the win loss record asside and look at coaching ability, Kubiak has shown no improvement in his four years in that capacity. Has his game preperation gotten better? Has his game decisions gotten better? Has his personell decisions gotten better? Has his clock management gotten better? Has his leadership abilities gotten better? How about his ability to make adjustments in games? Can you honestly say he is a better coach now than he was when he got here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If McNair tries to sack Kubes, I suggest Gary get behind Alex Gibbs' Oline where he should be just fine.
Old 12-07-2009   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
I hope you are wrong, Vin. I am trying to remain positive.

5-11 and Gary is fired. No doubt. I am just worried about 7-9 and him keeping his job. I just can't see us losing to the Rams and you know we will screw up and win another meaningless game like we did the year Adrian Peterson was available. Thanks for that big win to go 7-9 Kubiak.

/sarcasm off

I hope youre wrong, Vinny. We can not live through another year of uninspired, moronic, and inept football.

KUBIAK SUCKS
Old 12-07-2009   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey Vinny did you listen to McClain on 610 this morning?

http://www.sportsradio610.com/pages/...contentId=1780
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Hey Vinny did you listen to McClain on 610 this morning?
missed it, what did he have to say?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Get the 2/3 of the O line back and draft an RB. Also, have an upgrade at Center and a new HC.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read