Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2009   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why the optimist is done with this coaching staff!

Their self-evaluation is horrid! Here's about a dozen examples:

1. In the off-season, they inexplicably don't address the safety position. So, they are content with Barber, Wilson, and Ferguson as primary backup. We had cap room and also players like Sean Jones available for almost nothing.

2. RB: Guys like Rashod Jennings, Javon Ringer, Gatrell Johnson... were available in the last couple rounds of the draft. They didn't address it in the draft or in FA.

3. Also, regarding RB, they come out of the bye with the idea that Chris Brown is their best option at HB... Moats looked great at Indy and today yet he couldn't get touches even with Slaton sidelined.

4. Busing!: I told Barrett early in the first quarter today, that they can't win with this guy at safety. For some reason, he played the entire first half and was responsible for almost every big play.

5. Deljuan Robinson: can't see the field, even though he's our best DT.

6. Chris White: he sucks and he isn't any more disciplined or reliable than Caldwell. There is no way he should be playing ahead of Caldwell!

7. Duane Brown!!: love him, but clearly he was hurt and ineffective today. Butler, who I have a lot of faith in, should've had the start at LT.

8. They still haven't figured out that our current group of OLmen can't run the zone scheme every freakin' play!

9. 2 weeks late pulling Fred Bennett out of the lineup!... oh yeah, what a contribution he made today on special teams.

10. Winston should've been slid into guard with Butler moved to RT... Winston isn't a very good edge pass blocker and with the injuries at guard, it's amazing to me that this hasn't even been a consideration!

11. Give Schaub some freedom to audible at the LOS!!!!!!!!.. Why on earth is Kyle Shanahan more qualified to call plays than Matt Schaub? Schaub's intelligent and knows what he's doing. Instead, they continue to handcuff him.

12. Richard Smith lasted 3 seasons! that's too long. If you're working with a guy every day for years, it shouldn't take 3 years to realize he's a moron!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why the optimist is done with this coaching staff!

Great Post... I stayed behind Gary, but his stubborness has worn thin on me.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #3
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Wow Dale! It is official, this Coaching Staff needs to go. The sky IS falling!. For the record, many of us believed this for a long time. As for your post..... the only problem I have is that Butler can't play both tackle spots at the same time. He either needs to relieve Brown or play RT so Winston can slide to RG but not both.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred Bennett is bitter about his benching and has decided to take out his frustration by blatantly holding people on just about every return.
Old 12-07-2009   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

lets just face it we suck at all 3 phases of the game

and Some of our starters suck and some of our backups suck

we JUST SUCK !!!! LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I took some heat from a couple of guys for breaking open my bar
of pink soap, but I was THE "Gary-will-turn-it-around" optimist. Today,
he removed ALL reasonable doubt by allowing Matt Schaub to hear this
play being called in his headset:

DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

We seem to have very few players, and now more apparently coaches, with
little to no SITUATIONAL AWARENESS!!! I watched Robert Meachum of
the Saints, A WIDE RECEIVER, shed blockers on an interception Drew Brees
threw, and STRIP THE BALL from a defender, and took it all the way for
A TOUCHDOWN.

When I look at Chris Brown attempt to throw that ball, I can't help but believe
Joseph Addai would have eaten it, but Peyton would NEVER allow that call
in that SITUATION. Other teams just seem to have more "heady" players
than us.

1st and goal, at the 5, 12+ minutes left in the FOURTH QUARTER, DOWN by ELEVEN.
It's just a horrible decision coming in from the sidelines, in that situation, multiplied
by the other dumb decision to throw the ball. Brown shouldn't have been put in that
situation by our "smart" coaches. Moats was running the ball, far better than Brown,
yet he struggles to get ANY meaningful carries on that drive. I didn't want to be done
with Kubiak, but I am. If he's around to start next season, then you'll know the Texans
have the best marketing team in the world.
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2009   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Just watched NFL Gameday Final

Deion Sanders regarding the HB Pass:
"Whoever called that play, should be terminated on the spot."

Hard to disagree with that.
Old 12-07-2009   #9
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Just watched NFL Gameday Final

Deion Sanders regarding the HB Pass:
"Whoever called that play, should be terminated on the spot."

Hard to disagree with that.
How great would it be if that would actually happen? We all wake up and find out the news, there would be dancing in the streets after this latest debacle. I think I'll go to bed now and dream it happens. Hopefully i don't dream that I am Gary Kubiak and I have to explain that call to Mr. McNair, that would probably be a nightmare.

Come on Bob, let em hang and shock everyone.
Old 12-07-2009   #10
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
How great would it be if that would actually happen? We all wake up and find out the news, there would be dancing in the streets after this latest debacle. I think I'll go to bed now and dream it happens. Hopefully i don't dream that I am Gary Kubiak and I have to explain that call to Mr. McNair, that would probably be a nightmare.

I could imagine how that goes

Kubiak: Bob its all on me.

McNair: Shut up you bafoon! Its been your fault since i hired your dumbass its time to put a stop to it.

McNair(in his best Vince Mcmahon voice): YOUUURR FIIRREEDD!!
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dale and Dex

I'm glad to see that y'all got on board the it's time train.

All Aboard
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in .... I might even trade in my "we're screwed" for some pink soap.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #13
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post

I'm at the point now where I'd rather McNair fire him on Christmas. He deserves it.
Old 12-07-2009   #14
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I'm at the point now where I'd rather McNair fire him on Christmas. He deserves it.
I'm not angry like I was in 2005. I really like Kubiak and I think he's done a lot to turn this organization around. So, I don't wish him ill and I won't look at his firing, if it happens, as a good day. I just think it is neccessary at this point if McNair can bring in a better head coach.
Old 12-07-2009   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Their self-evaluation is horrid! Here's about a dozen examples:

1. In the off-season, they inexplicably don't address the safety position. So, they are content with Barber, Wilson, and Ferguson as primary backup. We had cap room and also players like Sean Jones available for almost nothing.

2. RB: Guys like Rashod Jennings, Javon Ringer, Gatrell Johnson... were available in the last couple rounds of the draft. They didn't address it in the draft or in FA.

3. Also, regarding RB, they come out of the bye with the idea that Chris Brown is their best option at HB... Moats looked great at Indy and today yet he couldn't get touches even with Slaton sidelined.

4. Busing!: I told Barrett early in the first quarter today, that they can't win with this guy at safety. For some reason, he played the entire first half and was responsible for almost every big play.

5. Deljuan Robinson: can't see the field, even though he's our best DT.

6. Chris White: he sucks and he isn't any more disciplined or reliable than Caldwell. There is no way he should be playing ahead of Caldwell!

7. Duane Brown!!: love him, but clearly he was hurt and ineffective today. Butler, who I have a lot of faith in, should've had the start at LT.

8. They still haven't figured out that our current group of OLmen can't run the zone scheme every freakin' play!

9. 2 weeks late pulling Fred Bennett out of the lineup!... oh yeah, what a contribution he made today on special teams.

10. Winston should've been slid into guard with Butler moved to RT... Winston isn't a very good edge pass blocker and with the injuries at guard, it's amazing to me that this hasn't even been a consideration!

11. Give Schaub some freedom to audible at the LOS!!!!!!!!.. Why on earth is Kyle Shanahan more qualified to call plays than Matt Schaub? Schaub's intelligent and knows what he's doing. Instead, they continue to handcuff him.

12. Richard Smith lasted 3 seasons! that's too long. If you're working with a guy every day for years, it shouldn't take 3 years to realize he's a moron!
C'mon man, you've been ignoring lists of opinions, facts, and evidence like this since last off-season. Why get frustrated with Kubes now? Just say, "4-0" and continue being exasperated with those that don't see the clarity of your vision of Smithiak and "the right way" of building a team.

Old 12-07-2009   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
C'mon man, you've been ignoring lists of opinions, facts, and evidence like this since last off-season. Why get frustrated with Kubes now? Just say, "4-0" and continue being exasperated with those that don't see the clarity of your vision of Smithiak and "the right way" of building a team.

I think they've done a very good job of building this team. I also think Kubiak certainly deserved an opportunity to prove his philosophy/style of coaching could win. I've had concerns about some of these things and expressed them often on these boards. I've been livid about how they handled the safety position this off-season as well as this love affair that Kubiak has had with Kasey Studdard. I've also been very frustrated with the lack of imagination and playcalls in the run game and have urged posers to read Jeremy Rice stuff on that at Chron.com.

But yes, I've been irritated with pessimistic and whiny fans who have been screaming for a coaching change and predicting gloom all season. I'm not inclined to give pessimists a ton of credit for predicting failure. That's what pessimists do.
Old 12-07-2009   #17
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well, I'm afraid McNair won't pull the trigger on this, and imo, it should be done immediately, giving us an opportunity for every head coach interested in the position. I just don't believe it's necessary to let this continue just to maintain a pseudo classy reputation with the league and fans. I don't hate Gary, and I truly feel he's made strides with our personnel, but, this staff has failed to recognize where they are in their progress, and they don't comprehend what it takes to get the players to the next step in that progression. I hope to hear something good today from the Texans front office, but, I fear we're just due for more of the same.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Quote:

I think they've done a very good job of building this team. I also think Kubiak certainly deserved an opportunity to prove his philosophy/style of coaching could win. I've had concerns about some of these things and expressed them often on these boards. I've been livid about how they handled the safety position this off-season as well as this love affair that Kubiak has had with Kasey Studdard. I've also been very frustrated with the lack of imagination and playcalls in the run game and have urged posers to read Jeremy Rice stuff on that at Chron.com.

But yes, I've been irritated with pessimistic and whiny fans who have been screaming for a coaching change and predicting gloom all season. I'm not inclined to give pessimists a ton of credit for predicting failure. That's what pessimists do.
In not sure pessimists and optimists are the right words.

1) The "pessimists" thought the Texans should post a strong winning record.

The "optimists" argued that 8-8 might be all the Texans could manage, and that an improved 8-8 would be all right, because that would be the best any team in the the Texans situation could possibly manage. That sounds like defeatism, not optimism.

2) Are you a pessimist now, just doing what pessimists do and therefore not deserving "a ton of credit" for your thoughts? Alternately, are you a realist now that you have seen enough to think Kubiak might not be the answer?

I always thought I was being a realist last summer, since I was basing my thoughts on Kubiak and the team's performance to date and a reasonable evaluation of the team's off-season changes. The term pessimist was applied though, because on this black and white board one is either a Panglossian optimist or horrible pessimist.
Old 12-07-2009   #19
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

[quote="Runner"]
Quote:
The term pessimist was applied though, because on this black and white board one is either a Panglossian optimist or horrible pessimist.
Way to make me feel stupid lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

OK How do I get the soap?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read