Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default I Am Begining To Think The Texans Truly Are Cursed

Just like almost every other team in Houston. The Oilers suffered the same fate. If it isn't a flag it is a bad play call or a BS call by the refs and the list goes on. The 94-95 Rockets were the last team to bring this city a ring and well now there are the winning Dynamos now but that's all. Even though the Texans have only had two HC's in their short history very seldom does any Houston sports team picks the right man to get a team over the hump it's like they take them to a certain point and then that is it. Now maybe the Rockets will still get there with Rick and the Texans will get there with their next HC I hope so as I support all Houston sports teams. I am not ragging on anyone or about anything here. I just feel like this bad luck goes way back in time. I am left to wonder why all of the bad luck. What have we ever done to deserve it? It just sucks all around to be a Hoston sports fan hopefully the tide will change one day and we'll be proud of all our Houston sports teams I sure hope so and I think we all feel the same way right now. All we ever get is life sucked out of us as the one and only positive our of being a Houston sports fan and it's getting very old and tiring. I know we'd all agree on this.
Old 12-06-2009   #2
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Am Begining To Think The Texans Truly Are Cursed

The problem is other than Les Alexander, Houston has had HORRIBLE owners. They were either cheap, crazy, indifferent, etc. Uncle Drayton can jump off a bridge and Bob McNair to me is a bumbling buffoon.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am beginning to think the Texans are poorly coached.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

No curse, it's just more reason to appreciate winning organizations. If it were easy everyone would be a winner.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not the Texans. It's Houston...

Just sayin'...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I am beginning to think the Texans are poorly coached.
I know. Who thought Gary was the right guy and why? Is it just being a cheap owner?
Old 12-06-2009   #7
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
The problem is other than Les Alexander, Houston has had HORRIBLE owners. They were either cheap, crazy, indifferent, etc. Uncle Drayton can jump off a bridge and Bob McNair to me is a bumbling buffoon.
You would rather have a Jerry Jones type of owner. If anyone says yes, I might just retire my Texans fandom alltogether....
Old 12-06-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
You would rather have a Jerry Jones type of owner. If anyone says yes, I might just retire my Texans fandom alltogether....
Hell no.
Old 12-06-2009   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Cursed is when you make the playoffs more often than not but the calls or the bounces never go your way in the playoffs. Like the Browns in the late 80's. You can't be cursed when you can't even win more than you lose year in and year out.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Cursed is when you make the playoffs more often than not but the calls or the bounces never go your way in the playoffs. Like the Browns in the late 80's. You can't be cursed when you can't even win more than you lose year in and year out.
That's just it they do not get hardly any call late in games or fumbles or whatever.
Old 12-06-2009   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans aren't cursed, they're just incompetent. If they actually had a competent FO/HC/players/business model/plan and still lost games........then they would be "cursed".

The Rockets are cursed The Texans are just flat out incompetent. (and while we're at it, at the moment you can go ahead and toss the Astros in with them as well)

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-06-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think an outside force needs to be invoked to explain the losses. McNair says it's the players (and some of them prove it many weeks), Kubiak says it's on him (and he proves it every week). Doesn't that cover it?
Old 12-06-2009   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't put the troubles of the Texans on a curse. The blame belongs
to the people who have the power to change it, namely the organization.
Once the organization begins to demand excellence in every aspect of
its operation, we will continue to have mental lapses at key points of
games and seasons.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans just haven't learned how to make their own breaks

play with confidence and a chip on their shoulder .. more importantly back the confidence up with their play.

only game I can think of where the Texans made their breaks was the Miami game.. oh so long ago and yet after that they went back into their shell
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Please do not read too much into this thread I just asked you all something to think about after yet another heart breaking loss today.
Old 12-07-2009   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Tear down the AsbestosDome... 'nuff said.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Tear down the AsbestosDome... 'nuff said.
This.

Nothing(important) was ever won in that piece of junk.
Old 12-07-2009   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no curse. You either have good people running your organization or you don't. It's that simple. YOu either have an owner who is willing to compete financially with a great GM and HC running his organization that will spend the money that it takes to build a winner or you don't. You either have the right guys that can lead an organization and over achieve more often than when he under achieves or you don't. You either have a franchise QB that will be a damn good one year in or year out or you don't. Any team in the NFL can compete and build a winning franchise, but you've got to have these elements in place.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 12-07-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Just like almost every other team in Houston. The Oilers suffered the same fate. If it isn't a flag it is a bad play call or a BS call by the refs and the list goes on. The 94-95 Rockets were the last team to bring this city a ring and well now there are the winning Dynamos now but that's all. Even though the Texans have only had two HC's in their short history very seldom does any Houston sports team picks the right man to get a team over the hump it's like they take them to a certain point and then that is it. Now maybe the Rockets will still get there with Rick and the Texans will get there with their next HC I hope so as I support all Houston sports teams. I am not ragging on anyone or about anything here. I just feel like this bad luck goes way back in time. I am left to wonder why all of the bad luck. What have we ever done to deserve it? It just sucks all around to be a Hoston sports fan hopefully the tide will change one day and we'll be proud of all our Houston sports teams I sure hope so and I think we all feel the same way right now. All we ever get is life sucked out of us as the one and only positive our of being a Houston sports fan and it's getting very old and tiring. I know we'd all agree on this.
Gary you are on to something...I think the Astrodome has ghosts living in it...implode the dome and run those jinxy ghosts off.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read