Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2009   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 1st hand observations from todays game

First and foremost, this is a PRO- Kubiak, Pro- Schaub post. If you've been listening to 610 and agree with that swill than please ignore this.

I arrived to the game today full of piss and vinegar in full knowledge that we were going to destroy the Jags and avenge our home loss earlier this year. My lovely wife pleaded with me to refrain from sh*t talking for obvious reasons.

Well, I didn't start a thing. I quietly bit my tongue when Schaub went down on the first play to low class crowd banter and cheering. Then the beer kicked in a bit. I openly cheered and possibly taunted everyone in my section after the goal-line stand and other great plays. Even though without Schaub in the game I figured our chances at victory were slim at best.

Anyway, we're getting our butts kicked and everyone in my section is whooping and hollering, then suddenly my entire sections becomes eerily quiet at once. An inbred hillbilly behind me says, " oh no, look who's back." I then see Schaub sprinting from the tunnel and with a substantial lead the Jags fans are almost conceding the imminent defeat. That alone got me excited and back into the game (not that I ever left). What surprised me the most is that their reaction was as if Manning or Brady had just walked onto the field. It was then that I truly realized just how much we take this guy for granted.

I got home from the game tonight and promptly turned on 610.com and have had to stomach all of this CRAP about how this team didn't want to win today. What a load of CRAP! That is not what I saw today. Kubiak made some gutsy plays, obviously the HB pass in the endzone didn't pan out, but that is what we want. We have bitched and complained about him not having the killer instinct and playing timid. He went for the throat today and it just didn't work out. Had JJ played we might not have started in such terrible field position all day, but Kubes took a stand and I won't second guess him for it.

I'm pissed and upset that we lost, but not nearly as upset after listening to all of this monday morning CRAP that is spewing from 610
Old 12-06-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st hand observations from todays game

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
First and foremost, this is a PRO- Kubiak, Pro- Schaub post. If you've been listening to 610 and agree with that swill than please ignore this.

I arrived to the game today full of piss and vinegar in full knowledge that we were going to destroy the Jags and avenge our home loss earlier this year. My lovely wife pleaded with me to refrain from sh*t talking for obvious reasons.

Well, I didn't start a thing. I quietly bit my tongue when Schaub went down on the first play to low class crowd banter and cheering. Then the beer kicked in a bit. I openly cheered and possibly taunted everyone in my section after the goal-line stand and other great plays. Even though without Schaub in the game I figured our chances at victory were slim at best.

Anyway, we're getting our butts kicked and everyone in my section is whooping and hollering, then suddenly my entire sections becomes eerily quiet at once. An inbred hillbilly behind me says, " oh no, look who's back." I then see Schaub sprinting from the tunnel and with a substantial lead the Jags fans are almost conceding the imminent defeat. That alone got me excited and back into the game (not that I ever left). What surprised me the most is that their reaction was as if Manning or Brady had just walked onto the field. It was then that I truly realized just how much we take this guy for granted.

I got home from the game tonight and promptly turned on 610.com and have had to stomach all of this CRAP about how this team didn't want to win today. What a load of CRAP! That is not what I saw today. Kubiak made some gutsy plays, obviously the HB pass in the endzone didn't pan out, but that is what we want. We have bitched and complained about him not having the killer instinct and playing timid. He went for the throat today and it just didn't work out. Had JJ played we might not have started in such terrible field position all day, but Kubes took a stand and I won't second guess him for it.

I'm pissed and upset that we lost, but not nearly as upset after listening to all of this monday morning CRAP that is spewing from 610
If this team was 7-5 after this loss instead of 5-7, I would agree with this post.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:

That 3rd and 3 run up the middle with Brown was quite the gutsy call as well...

Face it, Kubiak and Lil Shanny outsmarted themselves.
Old 12-06-2009   #4
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, DENVER is a winning team and Pitsburg and New England got beat by much lesser teams. I can attribute Pitts demise to the loss of a single player (palama????????) Why is it so easy to discount the loss of half our O-line, #1 Running Back, Safety.....
Old 12-06-2009   #5
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
That 3rd and 3 run up the middle with Brown was quite the gutsy call as well...

Face it, Kubiak and Lil Shanny outsmarted themselves.
Well hindsight is 20/20 isn't it.
Old 12-06-2009   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look, DENVER is a winning team and Pitsburg and New England got beat by much lesser teams. I can attribute Pitts demise to the loss of a single player (palama????????) Why is it so easy to discount the loss of half our O-line, #1 Running Back, Safety.....
You're right... DENVER is winning with a rookie HC after getting rid of Kubiak's mentor. Maybe we should follow their blueprint? We are Denver South after all...
Old 12-06-2009   #7
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't been listening to 610 today but not too many people going after Schaub on this board from what I can tell. He had a pretty gutsy game. If you want to defend the coaches on this one I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
Old 12-06-2009   #8
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Haven't been listening to 610 today but not too many people going after Schaub on this board from what I can tell. He had a pretty gutsy game. If you want to defend the coaches on this one I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
Maybe your right. I have just have yet to see the rational in arguments that a better Coach could have willed Kris Brown to make those field goals or inspired our backs not to fumble on the goalline. I'm sure starting over with a new regime and all of the player turnover associated with it will provide instant results. At least it will provide plenty of fodder for everyone to come on here and ***** about the team
Old 12-06-2009   #9
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
You're right... DENVER is winning with a rookie HC after getting rid of Kubiak's mentor. Maybe we should follow their blueprint? We are Denver South after all...
True, that is flash in the pan results. Like Atlenta and Baltimore had after one year with their rookie QB's. Everyone was saying ohh that's the answer, but it is inconsistant with long term success.
Old 12-06-2009   #10
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have ONE FLASH IN THE PAN PLAYOFF SEASON than the monotonous crap we have had every frigging year. PLAYOFF YEAR PLEASE DAMN IT
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #11
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I'd rather have ONE FLASH IN THE PAN PLAYOFF SEASON than the monotonous crap we have had every frigging year. PLAYOFF YEAR PLEASE DAMN IT
Well... I'm glad you are not our GM. We can all stick our collective heads up our asses and beg for Kubiaks walking papers. We will cheer for the 3 seconds that he is on the street and spend a generation laughed at for it. Yeahhhhhh!
Old 12-06-2009   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
True, that is flash in the pan results. Like Atlenta and Baltimore had after one year with their rookie QB's. Everyone was saying ohh that's the answer, but it is inconsistant with long term success.
Is consistent mediocrity what you're shooting for?
Old 12-06-2009   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, the callers on 610 are giving the entire team a pass, with the
exception of Kubiak. Schaub and Dre are extremely pissed the coaches
decided to go with a halfback option pass on 1st down at the 10, instead
of giving the ball to their playmakers. The coaches snatched the game from
Schaub and the offense, and handed it to the Jags.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe your right. I have just have yet to see the rational in arguments that a better Coach could have willed Kris Brown to make those field goals or inspired our backs not to fumble on the goalline.
A better coach makes the success/failure of a game being determined by one bad play more of a rarity than a regular occurrence. The Texans don't lose (or miss a tie) by missed field goals less often, because in those games they are running out the clock with a ten point lead, not positioning for a field goal with time running out.
Old 12-06-2009   #15
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Man it's time to move on guys Kubiak is a very good offensive mind but he can't get this team up for big games. I will also say that the injury to Owen Daniels is killing the offense in a big way and Steve Slatons horrible year is killing the running game as well but kubes is the head guy and he will pay the price.
Old 12-06-2009   #16
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Is consistent mediocrity what you're shooting for?
Well of course. Please, We have been losers since our inception. We ran the last team out because they were losers. How many times have you heard some drunk guy on the radio bitching about how he's been a fan since Dan Pastorini was the Oilers QB? Kubes has had three seasons plus this year. Our W/L ratio hasn't improved that much, but our team has. Mediocraty? No. This team will be winners. When Kubes gets run out of town to be a coord. somewhere else, you think he takes Schaub or Johnson with him. It is the Denver way.
Old 12-06-2009   #17
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
A better coach makes the success/failure of a game being determined by one bad play more of a rarity than a regular occurrence. The Texans don't lose (or miss a tie) by missed field goals less often, because in those games they are running out the clock with a ten point lead, not positioning for a field goal with time running out.
Well that's a good point. Our owner should just look for coaches who will never play a close game. Are you guys serious?
Old 12-06-2009   #18
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well... I'm glad you are not our GM. We can all stick our collective heads up our asses and beg for Kubiaks walking papers. We will cheer for the 3 seconds that he is on the street and spend a generation laughed at for it. Yeahhhhhh!
Are you an Aggie? You definitely sound like an Aggie. Aggie Fail is strong in this one.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #19
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Are you an Aggie? You definitely sound like an Aggie. Aggie Fail is strong in this one.
ROLL TIDE ROLL! I only support one team from Texas. My college teams is a winner, not aggie at all.
Old 12-06-2009   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well of course. Please, We have been losers since our inception. We ran the last team out because they were losers. How many times have you heard some drunk guy on the radio bitching about how he's been a fan since Dan Pastorini was the Oilers QB? Kubes has had three seasons plus this year. Our W/L ratio hasn't improved that much, but our team has. Mediocraty? No. This team will be winners. When Kubes gets run out of town to be a coord. somewhere else, you think he takes Schaub or Johnson with him. It is the Denver way.
Schaub possibly, it is the halfway point if we pick up the rest of the option for his contract. Johnson on the other hand is under contract with the Texans. Will be interesting to see how Kubiak works that one.

Truth is this. We have 4 games left. Seattle isn't in a good place again this year and neither is St. Louis. Problem in getting to even 8-8 is going to be Miami and N.E. who will be playing for playoffs and the division.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read