Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-06-2009   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys starting it....

Their annual December swoon, down 14 after Giants punt return for a TD. Looking like a loss against a team that hasn't been playing well and the schedule only gets nastier.
Old 12-06-2009   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys starting it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Their annual December swoon, down 14 after Giants punt return for a TD. Looking like a loss against a team that hasn't been playing well and the schedule only gets nastier.
Could be that or just their annual beat down at the hand of the Giants...lol.

Oh, and this season ...

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

yes! at least i wont have to hear from all the cowboy fans here in austin about how the cowboys are going to the super bowl
Old 12-06-2009   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Hold the phone ... Dallas just scored
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Hold the phone ... Dallas just scored
Hang it up, prank caller.
Old 12-06-2009   #6
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

game over let the swoon begin!
Old 12-06-2009   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

friend of mine calls it Diecember for the Cowboys
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2009   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer to call it Wade's last stand.

Maybe the Cowboys AND Texans will both have new HC's next year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Where were these threads the last few weeks...nevermind

Romo looked good. It's the defense. They get leads and act like game is over. They did this last year. In reality I didn't expect to win this one but they should have. Wade just isn'r going to get it done in my book. I like Jenkins and some of the young talent..just something missing. I still think they make the playoffs but don't expect alot.
Old 12-07-2009   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Who gives a crap about the Cowboys. Every time you hate on them all you are doing is putting them on a pedestal. Out of sight out of mind. I mean at least the Dallas/Houston angle has play in the NBA where the Rockets and Mavericks are in the same division and regularly compete against each other. I will never understand the Cowboy obsession on this board.
Old 12-07-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Who gives a crap about the Cowboys. Every time you hate on them all you are doing is putting them on a pedestal. Out of sight out of mind. I mean at least the Dallas/Houston angle has play in the NBA where the Rockets and Mavericks are in the same division and regularly compete against each other. I will never understand the Cowboy obsession on this board.
Word. Especially when the obsession never presents itself when they are winning. It is comical at times.

As far as the game...the Cowboys deserved to lose. I've read a few articles about some non-calls. I agree there was a big ass hold on Jacobs TD run and on some other plays but that isn't what beat us. Not tackling, brain farts before half and letting them have life when they were going through the motions before 3 minutes left in the half is what killed us.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 12-07-2009 at 08:24 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Well, don't visit the thread then. Simple as that. I can explain my hatred of the Cowboys, not sure what everybody else's are. Growing up in Houston, being an Oilers fan, I didn't quite understand how tons of people were Cowboy fans and not fans of their hometown team. So my disdain grew from there. Also, the arrogance of a lot of those same fans, like it was their God given right to win super bowls. I work with a lot of these same type fans, and I'm in New Mexico for God's sake!
Old 12-07-2009   #13
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

The cowboys might as well do this
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #14
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Well, don't visit the thread then. Simple as that. I can explain my hatred of the Cowboys, not sure what everybody else's are. Growing up in Houston, being an Oilers fan, I didn't quite understand how tons of people were Cowboy fans and not fans of their hometown team. So my disdain grew from there. Also, the arrogance of a lot of those same fans, like it was their God given right to win super bowls. I work with a lot of these same type fans, and I'm in New Mexico for God's sake!
Lived in New Mexico for awhile, there are Cowboy fans out there for some reason, had a good friend who was a Cowboy "fan" that was an Ohio transplant living in NM. That is the luxury, for lack of a better term, of living in an area that has no team to call it's own-you can pick and choose who you go for. I would wager that not many of those "pick em'" fans would know a Randy White from a Bob Lily.
Should have seen all the Cowboy gear go in the closet and the Bronco gear come out when Denver won it's 2 Super Bowls, I lived in NM when that happened and when the Boy's were doing their thing in the 90's, the transition was funny yet predictable.
Old 12-13-2009   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Cowboys lose....again.
Old 12-13-2009   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Bye Wade. Time to get a new coach Jerry. In a sea of mediocre NFL football teams the Cowboys are just another!
Old 12-13-2009   #17
treduke
All Pro

cowboys lose again!
but it would'nt surprise me if they go to the superdome and give the saints a loss
Old 12-13-2009   #18
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
cowboys lose again!
but it would'nt surprise me if they go to the superdome and give the saints a loss
it would me
Old 12-13-2009   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
cowboys lose again!
Saints will probably steamroll the Cowboys. December swoon. I'm use to it.
Old 12-13-2009   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

that tremendous sucking sound you hear to the north, is the football team in the Jerry Land stinking up December yet again.

nice homecoming for LT, and Rivers looked All-Pro today.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read