Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2009   #1
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you care if we get to 7-9?

We have been known to go on a run under Kubiak when the pressure gets turned off and the games don't matter anymore. The Kool-Aid drinkers always talk about how we are improving after these meaningless runs. This feels like the movie Groundhog Day where the same things happen every day every year. I feel pretty apathetic about what we do from hereon out. At our 17-0 loss of a lead at Reliant last Sunday against Indy, the air seemed to go out of the fan base.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you care if we get to 7-9?

7-9, 8-8.. It's all the same. 8-8 used to mean something as bad as this team was four years ago. But not anymore.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

With the remaining schedule...I'd be suprised if we win 2 more.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting to 7-9 from this point isn't a run. Getting to 9-7 or even 8-8 MIGHT be considered a run and even then, too little too late. Who gives a crap if we beat Seattle and or St. Louis in the next two weeks anyway?
Old 12-06-2009   #5
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we finish the year at 5-11. At least we get ourselves a better draft pick for next year.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #6
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually I do care because I am a true fan. I would never want the texans to lose. Yeah the seasons already over for us but we got 4 games left. Let's make the best of it.
Old 12-06-2009   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

We're not going to get to 8-8. I said it a couple of weeks ago.......this is the year where the players don't play the season out for Kubiak.

This is the year where we'll limp into the offseason and Kubiak needs to go.....you can only lose so many games before the players themselves stop believing in their head coach.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2009   #8
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I pretty much lost hope after MNF. At this point, it doesn't matter to me if we go 7-9 or 5-11. A few meaningless wins at the end of the season aren't going to do it for me anymore.

We either get to the playoffs or I'm an unhappy fan. Winning games when it no longer matters doesn't show me that we will start the season as SB contenders anymore. They fooled me twice - it won't happen again.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

The Monday night game was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak for me.. I was pretty hyped for that game and well things didn't turn out like I hoped.

Watching the game today, I felt that I was just there, not too much emotion watching it.. sure I said a few "Are you ****ing kidding me?" but overall, I guess I am drained right now.. just watching to go through the motions. I am wanting a win but basically if it is there, it is there.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I don't care anymore. The season is shot to hell. I'll keep watching anyway, just like I always do. I'd like to see them win some more games though.

Man, it sure does suck to be a football fan in Houston.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I quit caring after the MNF game. I cared even less after the 2nd Colts loss.

I never root for the Texans to lose, but I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop while I'm watching them.

And it always drops.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

This team doesn't know how to win when it matters. 6 of our 7 losses that we choked away is more than enough proof. Even if we run the table and get to 9-7 we will not be in the playoffs. Just chalk the late-season run, if it happens, up to typical Texans getting hot when the pressure is off.

I just hope that the team doesn't completely tank. We need to change the culture of losing, that process will take even longer if the team tanks the season. I want our playmakers to keep making plays and let whoever takes over for Kubiak know that he's got some talent to work with...
Old 12-06-2009   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
At this point I don't care anymore. The season is shot to hell. I'll keep watching anyway, just like I always do. I'd like to see them win some more games though.

Austin too.
Old 12-06-2009   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

This.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9 would be great! Who wouldn't want to match the best record of the David Carr Texans?

That may be hard to do this year though, even with all the stockpiled talent and great coaching the Texans have now. Sure they've been one game over 7-9 for a couple of years, but it's hard to maintain that level of play - other teams keep getting better.
Old 12-06-2009   #16
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have 1 more win than the Raiders right now. THE FU*#IN RAIDERS!
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #17
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're following the Denver blueprint remember? So Kubiak has to go 8-8 three years in a row and get fired, just like Shannahan.

We'll finish 8-8, it's destiny.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #18
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Who gives a crap if we beat Seattle and or St. Louis in the next two weeks anyway?
I do...it will be my first Texans game in person!
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #19
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Austin too.
i second that this place is like dallas south or nashville west depending on who you talk too
Old 12-06-2009   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I do...it will be my first Texans game in person!
If we win we might have to pool some cash and get you season tickets.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read