Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2009   #1
Jottoz
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 766 Jottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What If?

The Bengals fired their head coach after being 4-11 last year?

Why did he get a pass? Carson Palmer being hurt?

Just sayin it's a precedent

Didn't the Chiefs, Lions and Rams all change their head Coaches how's that working out for them.

So..........get a new Head Coach and still suck

I would rather stay competitive and HOPE for better player health and outcomes

I'm not saying Cowher or Dungy couldn't come in an do the same job or better job just looking at realistic facts and the recent history of coaching changes.
Jottoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: What If?

This thread should die a horrible death.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Personally, I'm still on the fence - but I'm leaning. Let me ask you, Jottoz - what have you seen from Kubiak that makes you think there's a future? Can you see him LEADING the team to an eventual superbowl?

Playoffs, I can see.... perhaps. But lead to the superbowl?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Marvin Lewis had actually made the playoffs before. Just sayin...
Old 12-06-2009   #5
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jottoz View Post
The Bengals fired their head coach after being 4-11 last year?

Why did he get a pass? Carson Palmer being hurt?

Just sayin it's a precedent

Didn't the Chiefs, Lions and Rams all change their head Coaches how's that working out for them.

So..........get a new Head Coach and still suck

I would rather stay competitive and HOPE for better player health and outcomes

I'm not saying Cowher or Dungy couldn't come in an do the same job or better job just looking at realistic facts and the recent history of coaching changes.
They were sure competitive today weren't they?

Hope? That's what all the successfull teams do don't they? Sit back and hope?
Old 12-06-2009   #6
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

the lions went 0-16
Old 12-06-2009   #7
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to question the chromosome count of those who believe Kubiak should not be fired.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2009   #8
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I'm starting to question the chromosome count of those who believe Kubiak should not be fired.
More is better?
Old 12-06-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
More is better?
Well, if it's not 46 then you're probably an alien.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

"What if dog were spelled c-a-t?"

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #11
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I for one have been behind Kubiak all season, saying give him one more year. But it's getting harder and harder to justify keeping him. He turned us from bad to ALMOST good, but I'm beggining tothat think like Schottenheimer, even if he DOES get us to the playoffs, I don't think he can get us over the top. Getting there is the first step, but JUST getting there isn't good enough. And so far, he hasn't even gotten us close to GETTING there.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #12
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Marvin Lewis actually would have been fired if Mike Brown wasn't such a penny pincher.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #13
Jottoz
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 766 Jottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Personally, I'm still on the fence - but I'm leaning. Let me ask you, Jottoz - what have you seen from Kubiak that makes you think there's a future? Can you see him LEADING the team to an eventual superbowl?

Playoffs, I can see.... perhaps. But lead to the superbowl?
I don't know if Kubes has what it takes to lead a team to a Superbowl. I know he knows how to run an offense when he has all the moving parts. I am more concerned when the wheels start falling of the cart does he know where the spare is kept? His game time and season adjustments sometimes leave me wondering. I think he could be a great coach if players NEVER got hurt or fumbled or threw stupid HB passes to the defense uncovered. Unfortunately those problems are all part of the job description of being a NFL Head Coach.

So to answer your question I think he could lead the team to a superbowl but we will never SEE him lead the Texans to a SB because he will not be around long enough to try.
Jottoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

game like the colts game should be an eye opener for some fans when it comes to coaching.. Colts defense was missing some key players and they keep chugging along .. granted the Colts offense does wonders but how in the world this offense got shut down in the 2nd half against the colts should raise some eyebrows
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #15
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I for one have been behind Kubiak all season, saying give him one more year. But it's getting harder and harder to justify keeping him.
I had the same feeling, myself. But Kubiak's job is done here...regardless of what happens. This is a talented team that underachieves, and there's no excuse for that.

Injuries happen. Tough losses happen. Heartbreakers happen.

These things don't happen every other game for teams that are good, and teams that are, at the last, achieving like they should (rather than underachieving).

We're 1-5 in the division. The Jags are who we thought they were, and we still lost to them twice. The AFC South isn't what it was last year and the year before that, it's a division in which 2nd place should be attainable for any of the 3 teams, leading to a wild card spot for the team that makes it there.

Sorry, but Kubes said when he was hired that winning the division was #1...he's yet to come close to sniffing number 2. I'm tired of listening to Titans and Jags fans cram it down our throat when we lose, even when we're better than them.

Just get anyone who can win the division! Pouting Manning isn't unbeatable!
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know if Kubes has what it takes to lead a team to a Superbowl. I know he knows how to run an offense when he has all the moving parts.
The "Kubiak is a great playcaller" myth got busted today.

It's obvious that Shanahan was calling the plays in Denver.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #17
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

3 head coaches in 8 seasons? Wow. That's the earmark of a Raiders or Detroit team...and not one we should be emulating.

I'm in favor of doing the best thing to make this team a winner, but if winning franchises have one thing in common, it is continuity and low turnover in HC and GM.
Old 12-06-2009   #18
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
3 head coaches in 8 seasons? Wow. That's the earmark of a Raiders or Detroit team...and not one we should be emulating.

I'm in favor of doing the best thing to make this team a winner, but if winning franchises have one thing in common, it is continuity and low turnover in HC and GM.

You're forgetting that they also have solid coaches who win big games and close games with regularity...something we have yet to do this season.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #19
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to live in the world of people like the OP for a day. Drinking the Kool-Aid and being a sunshine pumper of such warped perspective is something that I can not relate to one bit. You said it, Carson Palmer was out the season and our QB has not been. Give me a frigging break. Also, Marvin Lewis was brought back because the Bengals are incredibly cheap. They are not an organization I want to pattern ourselves after.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know if Kubes has what it takes to lead a team to a Superbowl. I know he knows how to run an offense when he has all the moving parts. I am more concerned when the wheels start falling of the cart does he know where the spare is kept? His game time and season adjustments sometimes leave me wondering. I think he could be a great coach if players NEVER got hurt or fumbled or threw stupid HB passes to the defense uncovered. Unfortunately those problems are all part of the job description of being a NFL Head Coach.

So to answer your question I think he could lead the team to a superbowl but we will never SEE him lead the Texans to a SB because he will not be around long enough to try.
I stopped reading right there. To quote a quote, you play to win the game. Eventually that means you play to win the Super Bowl (two words). Why do you want a coach who, by your own admission, might not have the ability to get you to the SB, let alone win one?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read