Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would You Trade Andre?
Yes, only if the only way he'd win a Super Bowl was by trading him. 8 12.90%
Hell no! He's a Texans for life! 26 41.94%
Only if we could get a hell of a deal! 6 9.68%
I would only trade him if he wanted out of Houson. 18 29.03%
Other 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2009   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does Andre Deserve Better?

I'm sure some people will think this is a stupid thread, but:

Does Andre deserve better than the Texans? He's almost all of our favorite player, but he's almost 30, if not so already. He's in the prime of his career, but it seems as though we're getting ready for another rebuilding session.

I don't want to see him go by any means, but I'm afraid that at this rate Andre's going to be the greatest player to never go to the Super Bowl (hell...at this rate one might even say to never go to the playoffs...ugh).

So, my question is as follows, would you be ok with trading him if you knew he could win a Super Bowl with another team...but that if he'd stay here it would never happen?

This question does not assume that Andre is unhappy with being here and wants out.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #2
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Andre Deserve Better?

This same thread happens with a new player each week. Of course our players deserve better, but its up to them to make the Texans better.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes he does. I love him to death, but I wouldn't blame him if he left. We've been "rebuilding" for a few years now and still have zero winning seasons and zero playoff berths to show for it.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

We all deserve better. At least he gets paid.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda like Seau joining on with the Pats when they went 18-0. There's no guarantee any team willl win a SB
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre deserves better yes. That said it'd be idiotic to ever let him go.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Before we go trading the corner stone to our offense, let's see who our new head coach is next year. And besides, there isn't a head coach anywhere that wouldn't want AJ to work into his offense.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2009   #8
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Kinda like Seau joining on with the Pats when they went 18-0. There's no guarantee any team willl win a SB
Understood. But the question is that if you KNEW he would win a Super Bowl with another team, but not with us...would you be willing to trade him?

I know it is the players' responsibility to play better...but is there anyone in their right mind that thinks that Andre doesn't give everything he's got for this team?
Old 12-06-2009   #9
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

He's getting paid plenty and gets a heckuva lot more out of it than the season ticket holders are getting. I like Andre but don't agree with sending him out of here. This is his job. What about us? We're paying for everything.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

yes- alot of them do

but i think managing a SB would be as sweet as it could get for him though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #11
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares what AJ deserves?!? No offense to him, we need him, but what about us?? Don't we deserve a winner just as much, if not more, than AJ? I want to us to be a winner as much as he does and I wish as much as anybody that AJ was a highly decorated Texan!
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ keeps himself in good shape. I hope we keep him for a couple years, and just see if we get a legit team. If that cant happen in the next 3 years, I think he deserves better.

I know its a business, but I cant help myself. I feel sorry for the guy.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #13
TheCD
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Who cares what AJ deserves?!? No offense to him, we need him, but what about us?? Don't we deserve a winner just as much, if not more, than AJ? I want to us to be a winner as much as he does and I wish as much as anybody that AJ was a highly decorated Texan!
Again, like I said I agree and am in the same boat. But the question revolves around whether you'd be willing to trade him if you knew he would win with someone else, but also knew he'd never win with us.
Old 12-06-2009   #14
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

WRs don't have the huge fall off at 30 the way RBs do. He's got 5+ years of football excellence left in him at a minimum.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #15
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

NO. He is a multi-millionaire. Can't feel too bad for him. Not only that...but why in the hell would we even consider getting rid of AJ.....just can't happen...this franchise is not the Browns...we will continue to try until we get a good product...
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #16
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Football wise, sure he deserves a team with a HC that can get him and other playmakers the ball.

Only was I'd consider trading him away is if he got a Ricky Williams type draft day trade.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's having a hall of fame career, is considered the best WR in football, and is making millions of dollars playing a game for his job.

No.
Old 12-06-2009   #18
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Although all opposers make good arguments, we also have to note that Andre has never been so much of a team cancer as other diva players. In bad times, he's never gone out and thrown any teammate under the bus, nor has he ever been an offseason distraction.

Although it'd suck if AJ left the team, I think he deserves a shot at a ring for what he's put in.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #19
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Again, like I said I agree and am in the same boat. But the question revolves around whether you'd be willing to trade him if you knew he would win with someone else, but also knew he'd never win with us.

Fair enough. After today, I don't know what to think. I'm on the verge of considering us among other terrible NFL teams that never amount too much each year. To this point, we're pathetic and more than AJ deserves better. We all do, McNair included.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

AJ deserves a new team. People complain about him failing in curnch time but sometimes Matt throws the ball into the ground I have seen this happen before. Make the Texans better? How? He is only in control of his own game and that is all. Also, he suports his teamates both on and off the football field. What else as a fan would like him to do? He does his job being an NFL WR better than any other WR in the NFL. There is not any way to make anyone do anything he is powerful but not that powerful. I'm sure if he had the power to force everyone to play as well as he does then he'd do so because he is a guy who wants to win and not just sit back and lose no one wants that but they are just doing their own job and their own job only that's all. AJ does his part but the problem is that not eveyone on the 53 man roster are NOT doing the same for some odd reason or another. If you would like him to go out and call the team out he just is not going to do that because he does not want to stir up shit in the lockeroom we all know that just is not his personality. His name is not T.O. and I thank God for that and I don't wish it was his name. AJ is not even close to being T.O. nor should he be. Not that anyone here has called him T.O. I am just saying that I am glad he isn't him.

Last edited by gary; 12-06-2009 at 05:18 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read