Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2009   #1
Ckw

Default Does anyone still not think that Schaub is brittle?

Ok, so there was no cheap shot on the play. No dirty hits. Nothing. All Schaub did was fall on the ground and what do you know, he gets his annual injury. What has Houston done to the football gods to make them hate us so much and wish this misery on us. Sigh....

And apologies for the somewhat confusing thread title. It should read, "Does anyone still think Schaub isn't a brittle QB?"
Old 12-06-2009   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone still not think that Schaub is brittle?

He made it a lot longer than I thought he would without leaving a game this season.

The thing is that we all knew it was gonna happen sometime.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
What has Houston done to the football gods to make them hate us so much and wish this misery on us. Sigh....
Proximity to the Osteen ministry.
Proximity to Enron.
Proximity to Matress Mac.

Just for starters.

EDIT - Oops, my bad. I thought you said GOD, not football gods.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #4
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
He made it a lot longer than I thought he would without leaving a game this season.

The thing is that we all knew it was gonna happen sometime.
Sucks don't it? I tried to be a believer and hope Schaub could make it an entire season and I could quit believing he is a brittle QB but alas, my dreams for this season have done anything but come true.
Old 12-06-2009   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Proximity to Enron.

Just for starters.

Must spread rep. Hopefully someone will rep you for me.
Old 12-06-2009   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Proximity to Enron.

Just for starters.
Oh ... I thought it was the VY curse .

I think a problem with Matt is the DTs can run him down from behind .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone can run Schaub down from behind. He just held on to the ball too long. Again.

Also - Jags are TERRIBLE at sacking the QB. They have like ten all year... but were any of us surprised that Schaub got sacked on the first play? Nope.

I like Schaub. I think we can win with him - unfortunately he needs FANTASTIC pass protection all the time to be his best, and that's just not going to happen. It doesn't happen with hardly anyone.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2009   #8
Ckw

Quote:
Anyone can run Schaub down from behind. He just held on to the ball too long. Again.

Also - Jags are TERRIBLE at sacking the QB. They have like ten all year... but were any of us surprised that Schaub got sacked on the first play? Nope.

I like Schaub. I think we can win with him - unfortunately he needs FANTASTIC pass protection all the time to be his best, and that's just not going to happen. It doesn't happen with hardly anyone.
So do we draft a QB this year? It's a great year to do it, and we should be able to get somebody pretty good in the 2nd-4th rounds. I'd look at Tony Pike personally.
Old 12-06-2009   #9
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is back!!
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep ... Matt isn't quick .

Schaub is a poor man's Bernie Kosar . Kosar's best weapon was his head . He also had a good RB combo .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #11
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Schaub is back!!
Let's hope he can stay out there. Already our offense looks ten times more confident.
Old 12-06-2009   #12
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

props to schaub for coming back in
Old 12-06-2009   #13
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
props to schaub for coming back in
Agreed. I'd rep him if I could...

Maybe he got online in the locker room and saw my thread and was like I'm gonna show this little POS...
Old 12-06-2009   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's that about Schaub being brittle??! Give the man credit for pete's sake!! He probably has more xylocaine in his shoulder than a pharm has on it's shelf. BUT, he's out there doing his job!! The rest of the team needs to do the same!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #15
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The guy who drove his shoulder into the ground came on AFTER he was initially stopped by the DT... the problem is Schaub held onto the ball... Schaub's as quick as Peyton the only difference is 18 has a better sack clock in his head than Schaub and throws the ball away
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
What's that about Schaub being brittle??! Give the man credit for pete's sake!! He probably has more xylocaine in his shoulder than a pharm has on it's shelf. BUT, he's out there doing his job!! The rest of the team needs to do the same!!!
Maybe he is brittle - but you can't (and never could) question his toughness.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-06-2009   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
As you see in my post above, I definitely think the man deserves his credit. But history has shown he is rather injury prone. It is a pleasant surprise to see him back out there. The way he was acting I figured he would be out for at least a few games. History is on my side though. He has been shown to be a little brittle, but he is showing some major toughness being back out there.

Or the injury really wasn't that bad, and he just made a bigger deal out of it than it was... Regardless, way to go Matt!
Old 12-06-2009   #18
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #19
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Agreed. I'd rep him if I could...

Maybe he got online in the locker room and saw my thread and was like I'm gonna show this little POS...
LOL - We can only hope so.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

When Schaub first came to the Texans, the ball was out of his hands on the
3rd, 5th, or 7th drop. He has progressively held on the the ball long than
he should have, and it got him a separated left shoulder. He needs to get
back to making the right reads quickly, and in tempo.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read