Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2009   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry this is how i see it.

If we lose tomorrow. We will be out of the race and we *should* lose the rest of the season.{This is just what i think.}The reason is we need more help i would rather not get a wining season and take a low round pick for a relly good player early in the draft.

my draft list would be

1st: safty
2nd: defencive end face it antonio smith is a bust
3rd: cornerback
4th: runingback
5th: center
6th: kicker i love brown but he is starting to tick me off ,and make the rookie start
7th: safty work with him see if he is a diamond in the rust

But this will change. If we continue to do so bad.

I think coach Kubiak is a good coach ,but i think we gave him his chance.I say we bring some one in who has experiance in the playoffs.I would bring in cower. Just for the fact he is a smart and a risk taker.

But im mad as hell right now. That we cant finish a game out im also mad at kubiak for passing up Cendric Benson ,and last but not least also his same old story on abc13 "it all my fault.... We tried hard .....I give credit to the other team" What the hell seriusly.

I also think the texans should of thought harder on signing Larry Johnson.

Bob Mcnair, I hope your reading this texans fans are geting mad and are droping off the band wagon like "flys".

do us an FAVOR

fire kubes
win the rest or season or lose the rest of the season for a pick
look in to free agents that are actuly good!

ALLWAYS
A
TRUE
TEXAN
FAN
!

post if you agree
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: this is how i see it.

Sorry, buddy. I know you take a lot of heat, but you are NOT a true Texans fan if you think they should tank the rest of the season. Not even close.

Also - Antonio Smith is SO not a bust. He started slowly, but he's not even close to a bust. He's not dominant - but not close to a bust.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #3
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice to see you posting again buddy. But I don't agree with your draft choice. I'd take a center on the 1st round. Then maybe fill up some other offensive line holes. We should atleast take up 2 rounds to fix our O line. Antonio Smith isn't bad and he isn't great either he just needs some work but he's not a bust. And throw Dunta out the door we need a better CB that actually WORTH the money. I really don't think we should waste a pick on a RB. Anyways we don't have a say in which coach Mcnair picks, let's just hope he makes the right decision.
Old 12-05-2009   #4
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Diamond in the rust?! I think i will leave some tin cans on my back patio for a couple weeks... I'm gonna be rich!!!!

I think the saying goes diamond in the rough.

Agree with DiehardChris... Smith is no where near a bust, if we want to get constant pressure a big fat DT should be number 1 on texans wish list.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #5
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer

Ummmm NO, Lose the rest of the games for a better draft pick... really???
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh man, you're going to get SLAMMED for even suggesting that we lose games just to improve draft position.

LOL.

:whee!:
Old 12-05-2009   #7
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Im ready for the slaming if it comes to it i just dont see us geting the playoffs

i think theres a 80% chance if we beat the jags tomarow but i do think it will be a good game 2 watch

i under stand why people will say im not a 100% texan fan even tho i dont like any other teams i just state the facts

i will say a wining season is good but wouldent you want another super mario in the draft

im aloud to have an opinon and im not saying this is what i want to happen

i would rather be in the play offs

just a winning season does not mean anything it means your 9 -7 for 1st time ever big woop

if we get a low draft pick we should be in plays offs next year i would hope
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2009   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
Im ready for the slaming if it comes to it i just dont see us geting the playoffs

i think theres a 80% chance if we beat the jags tomarow but i do think it will be a good game 2 watch

i under stand why people will say im not a 100% texan fan even tho i dont like any other teams i just state the facts

i will say a wining season is good but wouldent you want another super mario in the draft

i would rather be in play offs

just a winning season thos not mean anything it means your 9 -7 for 1st time ever big woop

Dude, you never pull for losing. Ever. Its just not done. Football is for winning. And contrary to what some people say, winning is everything.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #9
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Quote:

i would rather be in the play offs

just a winning season does not mean anything it means your 9 -7 for 1st time ever big woop

ya about that
Old 12-05-2009   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

This team is not going to lay down their arms it's called pride.
Old 12-05-2009   #11
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

gary i agree with you....it just that i want a beter draft pick i relly dont care about the record i just wana be in the play offs
Old 12-05-2009   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Winning the rest of these games means nothing but remaining mediocre for another year under Kubiak and loosing out on a chance at a real difference maker at a position that has haunted this franchise from its inception. We could of had Adrian Peterson if we hadnt won a bunch of meaningless games at the end of the year. Instead we ended up with Okoye. Call me "not a real fan" if you want but once we are out of the playoff picture I could care less if we win.
Old 12-05-2009   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
We've seen how much pride this team has. Its not enough to win important games. Its BS that this talented of a team has only pride to play for at the end of every season.
Old 12-05-2009   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Gary I'm sorry but I don't see these guys playing with much in the way of price. They got their butts handed to them against NY and then called a finesse team after that game which made them play at Tennessee with some pride and fire but ever since then they've mostly just kind of coasted along never losing too much, never winning too much. I've not seen them play with that much intensity again.

In fact the last three weeks when each game should have made them more likely to step up and stop the slide (assuming they had any of this "pride" we speak of) they've looked progressively more like a team that was mailing it in to me.

Colts @ Indy they played hard but mistake filled football and lost a heartbreaker. They couldn't overcome their own screw ups.

Titans on MNF they looked like a team trying to win but expecting it, not fighting for it. Once Vince started playing well (and I hate that guy so no nut hugging going on here) they just seemed to fold up their tents. Some of them kept playing but it was like they knew the Titans were going to win that game somehow instead of knowing deep down inside that they (the Texans) were going to pull that game out somehow.

Colts last week was the same thing. They came out, played half a game of football, and then packed it in when they got hit with a bad pass interference call on Reeves and the Colts started to show signs of life. You could see them all just kind of give up a little. Movement on the sideline is such a good way to get a feel for the teams "pulse". In the first half they were all up and moving around. The defense was spending a lot of time together watching the offense work (standing up). People were talking to each other and watching everything. Then in the second half they just became a bunch of guys in the same general area. People started sitting down, breaking up into smaller groups, and generally ignoring the game until it was time to go back in. You just got the feeling that they all tightened up and quit believing in each other.

I think he's lost them already but that's just me. Jacoby Jones missing meetings and not flying to Jacksonville makes me think he's done listening to these coaches. Now he's a walking, talking, living breathing maturity problem but he's a play maker and the Texans need him. That they left him behind willingly when they could have fined him tells me there's more to this than meets the eye. I think guys are starting to pull away from each other.

Just opinion. The general feeling around the team can't be good right now.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ya about that
Yep, you are allowed to have an opinion. We dont have to like it though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #17
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bob Mcnair, I hope your reading this texans fans are geting mad and are droping off the band wagon like "flys".
I hope he's not! This would prove that Texans fans are stupider than he thought they were. Sure don't want him to think we're "droping" off the bandwagon like "flys."
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

in the texs young history i dont think they ever thrown games

so i dont except it to happen anytime soon

and trust me we had alot of thoes type of games

One with the Browns being one of them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #19
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we lose tomorrow. We will be out of the race and we *should* lose the rest of the season.{This is just what i think.}The reason is we need more help i would rather not get a wining season and take a low round pick for a relly good player early in the draft.

my draft list would be

1st: safty
2nd: defencive end face it antonio smith is a bust
3rd: cornerback
4th: runingback
5th: center
6th: kicker i love brown but he is starting to tick me off ,and make the rookie start
7th: safty work with him see if he is a diamond in the rust

But this will change. If we continue to do so bad.

I think coach Kubiak is a good coach ,but i think we gave him his chance.I say we bring some one in who has experiance in the playoffs.I would bring in cower. Just for the fact he is a smart and a risk taker.

But im mad as hell right now. That we cant finish a game out im also mad at kubiak for passing up Cendric Benson ,and last but not least also his same old story on abc13 "it all my fault.... We tried hard .....I give credit to the other team" What the hell seriusly.

I also think the texans should of thought harder on signing Larry Johnson.

do us an FAVOR

fire kubes
win the rest or season or lose the rest of the season for a pick
look in to free agents that are actuly good!

ALLWAYS
A
TRUE
TEXAN
FAN
!

post if you agree
I am not gonna touch on the points others have said, but I want to point out that in your post you neglected to comment on our extra pick. Perhaps you do not remember, but we traded Travis Johnson for a conditional pick(6th base, 5th with certain playing time met). So you need to take that into consideration.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie....

Oh wait...

Nevermind...

Wrong Year...

Wrong Draft Pick Too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read