Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2009   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones not playing tomorow?

Is he not playing tomorow? I heard on Houston Texans extra point that Jacoby missed the plane to Jacksonville so he won't play.
Old 12-05-2009   #2
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No Jacoby Tomorrow

Just heard on ABC from Bob Allen, Jacoby missed the flight and won't play tomorrow.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #3
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones not playing tomorow?

why could'nt dunta miss the flight
Old 12-05-2009   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

BS! How come we don't travel as a team anyways?! WTF kinda shit is that?! Man if I could miss the flight for deployments and not go..

The shit they getta way with...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

nice one JJ
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the Chron, he actually was late to a meeting today and was told not to bother even trying to get on the plane.

Either way - dumbass.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Double post.

(But let me reiterate - dumbass.)

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2009   #8
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
According to the Chron, he actually was late to a meeting today and was told not to bother even trying to get on the plane.

Either way - dumbass.
This kid simply cannot get his act together after getting opportunity to earn a valued role on the team.
Old 12-05-2009   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Kudos to Kubes for actually holding at least one guy accountable.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, is he trying to get cut or is he really that dense ?
So we don't have JJ, don't have Slaton, and haven't had OD for some time.
That high-powered offense is really get whittled down to Chris Brown & 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #11
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

He may be a dumbass but he's a playmaker on the field, I say Kubes should've let him play.
Old 12-05-2009   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
He may be a dumbass but he's a playmaker on the field, I say Kubes should've let him play.
...and I think Kubiak would have if JJ had a legit reason for being late. Kubes knows his job is on the line like anyone else.

Also, you have to take into account that he's had maturity issues his entire career, so it's not a first-time thing. If it had been another guy who has been otherwise well-behaved, he probably would've cut him more slack.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-05-2009   #13
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer

I agree with sitting him for being late. If I'm late to work, I would get fired. but just for curiousity'd sake, I'd like to see if they would treat AJ the same if he did that...
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #14
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the source

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6755181.html

Glenn Martinez - Step your game up!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50boys View Post
I agree with sitting him for being late. If I'm late to work, I would get fired. but just for curiousity'd sake, I'd like to see if they would treat AJ the same if he did that...
They wouldn't - because for AJ it would be a first time offense.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-05-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Either way - dumbass.
You mean a meeting he would probably fall asleep in anyway?

Really?

I think a fine would have been more apt.

Sometimes I just don't understand this coach.
Old 12-05-2009   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

A fine doesn't get through a thick head like his. Missing a game will.

Whatever. At least he has trade value now. If this had happened last year, they probably would cut him.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-05-2009   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is something else.

It's not like he was playing JJ anyways. Hey Kubiak: This is no big deal. I don't blame you for making him stay home, since you hardly play him anyway.

Makes the plane lighter, which saves Bob McNair $$$ by using less fuel.

This team is a douche. You play your best players and then you handle this business when you get home after the game. He acts like Jacoby Jones went and rented a party boat, complete with hookers, and then had teenage kids take a cruise with him and smoke crack.

Good coaches don't over-react like this just to make a point and put off some inflated act as if they're Lombardi, Jr. or something. They play the kid, then pull him into the office and have a little chat once they're back in Houston.

I get it already: Jacoby Jones is a "loser" by some of you guys' definition. Want to know the only difference between the loser that JJ is and the loser that Kubiak is? JJ still has an impact on the game, and Kubiak takes his team OUT of the game.

Ouch.

Last edited by GP; 12-05-2009 at 08:33 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is mistake and an overreaction on Kubiaks part but honestly that's just a knee jerk response to a story I know almost nothing about. I tend to agree with GP on the whole "what does it matter since you hardly play him anyway" angle but at the same time I question whether a head coach who is truly sitting on the hot seat should go to Jacksonville without a playmaker like JJ. I don't know if this is the wrong call or the right one but it feels wrong to me.

But I don't know. I'm talking out of my ass on this one. I'm firmly in the "The season ended when we lost to the Titans on MNF" camp. That whole Colts-Titans-Colts stretch of losses ended our season as far as I'm concerned. I don't really care if JJ goes or not because even a win is just another step toward that big lie of a .500 finish they always close with.
Hervoyel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #20
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since JJ hasn't played much lately, I'm thinking maybe this isn't the first time something has happened with that kid and this was the last straw, so to speak.

This is just another example of a team in disarray and getting out of control. I think that the players aren't all on the same page here. The all for one and one for all concept has been lost somewhere with this team.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read