Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Jags will be without Rashean Mathis

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/InjuryReport.asp

He's the best CB in the AFC South imo. I am happy he will not be covering AJ on Sunday.
Old 12-04-2009   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jags will be without Rashean Mathis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/InjuryReport.asp

He's the best CB in the AFC South imo. I am happy he will not be covering AJ on Sunday.

Good thing too. With this kind of advantage we should be able to easily take down the Jaguars like we did the Colts without Sanders and Freeney.....

I remain convinced that if our opponent sits half their offense and half their defense they'll just field highly motivated backups that our guys will take lightly and proceed to get beaten by.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Good thing too. With this kind of advantage we should be able to easily take down the Jaguars like we did the Colts without Sanders and Freeney.....

I remain convinced that if our opponent sits half their offense and half their defense they'll just field highly motivated backups that our guys will take lightly and proceed to get beaten by.
Apples and oranges imo. Jags don't have Peyton Manning on offense and don't have their own refs.

I like the chances for AJ to have a big game. When AJ has a big game the team usually follows
Old 12-04-2009   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

And don't get me wrong on that. I'd love to see it and will be hoping for that exact thing. I'm just so damned pessimistic right now that nothing short of a win, followed by a win, and then a win will turn my mood around.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Let's not blame the refs for the loss to the Colts.
Old 12-04-2009   #6
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care, our playoff hopes are over, I'm looking forward to this offseason...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Let's not blame the refs for the loss to the Colts.
They did their part.
Old 12-04-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They did their part.
That was a blown call on Reevs. Maybe I missed some stuff but I did not see a whole more bad calls. There were a few but I am sure how many.
Old 12-04-2009   #9
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was a blown call on Reevs. Maybe I missed some stuff but I did not see a whole more bad calls. There were a few but I am sure how many.
we wuz robbed~! k, thnx, bye........
Old 12-04-2009   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Unnecessary roughness call on Smith was BS and took us from their 10 to their 40...effectively took away a chance at a 21-0 lead.

Smith was pushed into Manning hitting his facemask on a roughing the passer penalty as well... more a judgment call by the ref than an outright BS call like the other two but I doubt the refs throw the flag if the same situation had happened to Schaub. Actually, I think the similar situation did in the first game when Schaub threw his 2nd pick!!!

Maybe the Colts still win without the refs help? We don't know that because they are getting favorable officiating every week. It's hard enough to beat the Colts straight up. Thus far they have been unbeatable with their hand picked refs.
Old 12-04-2009   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we have no owen D so i think that kinda balances it out

the jags will prob not respect our TE to prob triple AJ LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #12
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quin will be out for us, so that sucks. I was watching Garrard latly, and 1. things he has been doing well is looking one side and throwing to the other, safeties gotta be ready along with our cb's ahem DUNTA
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only thing that stands out to me was the non-calls against the Colts.
Sure the PI broke our morale, but actually losing the game was entirely us
Old 12-05-2009   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Unnecessary roughness call on Smith was BS and took us from their 10 to their 40...effectively took away a chance at a 21-0 lead.

Smith was pushed into Manning hitting his facemask on a roughing the passer penalty as well... more a judgment call by the ref than an outright BS call like the other two but I doubt the refs throw the flag if the same situation had happened to Schaub. Actually, I think the similar situation did in the first game when Schaub threw his 2nd pick!!!

Maybe the Colts still win without the refs help? We don't know that because they are getting favorable officiating every week. It's hard enough to beat the Colts straight up. Thus far they have been unbeatable with their hand picked refs.
Watching the game only once since I don't record them or do not get the repeats it makes hard to see those blown calls that aren't as clear as others.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read