Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2009   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If This Team Doesn't Quit On Kubiak, Bring Him Back!

I was just as pissed as everyone here Sunday afternoon, but I chose not
to open my bar of pink soap just yet. Hear me out. This team finished 8-8
over the last two season, but in a lot of their losses prior to this season,
they were blown off the field. This year, they seem like a team that's
fumbling for a winning formula, but have yet to strike 'Eureka!'

In spite of having a rookie OC, and a rookie DC, this team looks like
it has the ability to whip any team on their schedule. Before this season,
we were hoping they could just 'hang with' the big boys. This is the first
time they've proven to themselves they really could play with ANYBODY.

The next five games will show if they will fold under the adversity they're
facing, or if they will rise above it and BECOME the juggernaut they now
know they can be. The margin of victory in the NFL is VERY slight. Only
the teams that are good at the FINEST of details become elite. I'd rather
have Kubiak get another year to take the squad he's built to the next
level, rather than see a "Gruden Situation" where we get one year out
of what Kubes has put together, before it goes to shit with the new coach.

Capers was fired when the team quit on him. It has yet to happen to Kubiak.
Dick Jauron was fired because his team quit on him. It has yet to happen
to Kubiak. Putting 17 unanswered points up on the Colts TWICE in the
SAME season doesn't happen by mistake. I think they'll finish better than
8-8, but unless they start getting blowing out, bring Kubiak back. I'm
confident in Kubiak/Smith's ability to draft for their needs. They'll improve
the interiors of our offensive and defensive lines, and our team will go
from just 'good' to dominant.

Jim Mora's famous speech about "PLAYOFFS!??" was about a young
quarterback who threw four interceptions including a PICK-6. Mora
said his team played like "diddly poo" that day with FIVE turnovers.
"Don't talk to me about playoffs! I just hope we can win a GAME!!"

That young team became the class of the AFC, with their erratic quarterback
becoming the best to have ever played the game. His name is Peyton
Manning.

Just sayin...
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If This Team Doesn't Quit On Kubiak, Bring Him Back!

Funny that you bring up Jim Mora. They had to replace him to get to the playoffs.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Which is what we need to do, unless we finish 10-6.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno if that's enough ? Their final 2009 record is gonna count more than anything for his retension by McNair I'd think ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to see 3 things for me to stay on Kubes bandwagon:

1. His players have to kill themselves for him, and fight every single play for the win. If they quit, he has to go.
2. They need to finish at least 8-8, and score more points than they give up for the first time in franchise history.
3. He has to force Bush to prepare for a running QB against the Jags. If we come out woefully unprepared for a running QB the way we have in the past I'm going to get mad. I mean plum mad dog mean.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
3. He has to force Bush to prepare for a running QB against the Jags. If we come out woefully unprepared for a running QB the way we have in the past I'm going to get mad. I mean plum mad dog mean.
Garrard didn't really kill us with his running the last game, and really MJD didn't either...except for that one long run.

I haven't really stayed up with Jags football this season, so I don't really know what to expect from them. I would hope Joe Marciano has his guys ready for what seems to be the annual onside kick, or fake punt by Del Rio.
Old 12-03-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Manning.

Just sayin...
YOu been saying this stuff all season long. This message has gotten old. Kubes has failed his supporters. It doesn't matter whether his tam quits on him or not, he doesn't have a clue how to put them in position and is stubborn and doesn't know how to close games and this has been the case for over two years now. Nothing has changed, it's just the same mistakes. Kubes will be gone, and if he isn't the Texans will be set up for another disappointing season next year where a lot of fans stop caring and we'll eventually start having blackouts.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2009   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Garrard didn't really kill us with his running the last game, and really MJD didn't either...except for that one long run.

I haven't really stayed up with Jags football this season, so I don't really know what to expect from them. I would hope Joe Marciano has his guys ready for what seems to be the annual onside kick, or fake punt by Del Rio.
He rushed for a couple of first downs and a TD, like he does every time he faces the Texans, because we never defend his legs.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #9
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
YOu been saying this stuff all season long. This message has gotten old. Kubes has failed his supporters. It doesn't matter whether his tam quits on him or not, he doesn't have a clue how to put them in position and is stubborn and doesn't know how to close games and this has been the case for over two years now. Nothing has changed, it's just the same mistakes. Kubes will be gone, and if he isn't the Texans will be set up for another disappointing season next year where a lot of fans stop caring and we'll eventually start having blackouts.
Yes, I HAVE been saying this all season. This team is VERY close. They're
at the proverbial "fork in the road." It's the reason I started this post with
the word "IF." There are 5 games left, and they MUST go AT LEAST 4-1 to
maintain the support of this fanbase. The fans at Reliant Stadium have
a lot of sway when it comes to whether Bob makes a change or not.
I remember the constant booing of David Carr forcing his hand in 2006.
So, 5 games to go, and a lot still to play for.
Old 12-03-2009   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with you until we have 5 divisional losses (which could happen in 3 days) or 8 total losses. Then, I am all about pink, soapy avatars.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know of at least one game where they quit on him, because it just happened last weekend. Of course, it would help if Kubone-head would run more than 5 times in the 2nd half when he has a lead on the Colts and a 5+ yd. rushing avg. in the game. Pft.

Old 12-03-2009   #12
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I know of at least one game where they quit on him, because it just happened last weekend. Of course, it would help if Kubone-head would run more than 5 times in the 2nd half when he has a lead on the Colts and a 5+ yd. rushing avg. in the game. Pft.
I didn't see them quittin.' I saw them playing like dummies, but the
effort WAS there. That's what's so frustrating. They play hard, but
get a little stupid too often.
Old 12-03-2009   #13
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

Eff all that ...He has to go...Hes a horrible head coach.
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
He rushed for a couple of first downs and a TD, like he does every time he faces the Texans, because we never defend his legs.
Hmm, sounds like a trend with running QB's in our division..
Old 12-03-2009   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICLICK View Post
Now tell us what you really think, LOL.

Old 12-03-2009   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Hmm, sounds like a trend with running QB's in our division..
Yeah, that's because right after our DEs make a wide circle around and behind the QB, our DTs make a wide circle around and behind the QB. They think their the Inside Defensive Ends.

Old 12-03-2009   #17
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICLICK View Post
This was your sixth post in two years of being a member here? You must
REALLY feel strongly about this.
Old 12-03-2009   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This was your sixth post in two years of being a member here? You must
REALLY feel strongly about this.
I say we all give 'im rep.

Old 12-03-2009   #19
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 20429 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Manning.

Just sayin...
I'm pretty much on the same side of the fence, however, the last part about mora/manning/playoffs is inaccurate. The colts reached the playoffs with Manning in a 10-6 season prior to that year.

That aside, I still feel Kubiak's Texans are so close to being a good team that we should persevere with him. If we limp across the finish line with a series of lame performances and another non-winning season, then it's time to go. 9-7 or better just about gives him another year for me. This is the youngest team in the NFL in terms of personel. The squad is mature enough for us to determine their talent level (good) but not mature enough yet for us to make definitive statements about their capacity to avoid implosions - mental strength if you like. Clearly that's sub-par at the moment, but there's plenty of growth opportunity in a group so young. I'd hate to rip things up right now because if this team does learn to win, then they're in a position to be successful for a sustained period.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't see them quittin.' I saw them playing like dummies, but the
effort WAS there. That's what's so frustrating. They play hard, but
get a little stupid too often.
That is called coaching. That is the problem.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read