Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2009   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do these Texans deserve our support?

I think this is a fair question. Do these Texans deserve our support?

I am as big of a fan as anyone. I buy the multiple Jerseys for each of our themed games. I got the license plate, I buy the tickets for the games, I post and talk and live and eat and breath Texan football. I get to the stadium hours early and am usually one of the first through the gates just to watch the team warm up. I go to the stadium and purchase the $10 potato along with the $8 beer and wait 15 minutes in the bathrooms so I can have someone behind me watch me pee. I have my office decorated with Texans stuff and talk smack to that dumbass down the hall who is a crygirl fan. I do the same thing that thousands of Texan fans do everyday.

But does this team deserve such loyalty?

What have they done for me lately? Break my heart? Fall below expectations? Prove the naysayers correct? Make me look foolish?

Sure, I have read the "True fan" posts and listened to the "True fan" callers on the radio. I have to admit I chuckle a bit. First I would like to point out that no I do not leave early. I paid for 60 minutes of football and dammit I am gonna get 60 minutes of football. I might not get 60 minutes from this team but I am gonna at least stare at the field and think how awful the turf looks.

I loosely compare the fans relationship with this team as an abusive one. Sure they punch us in the gut every Sunday but its there way of saying they love us.

Especially with some of the players coming out now and starting to question our loyalty to the team. Like its somehow our fault they are losing. Sure they just hit me in the face with a chair and broke my nose but if I had done the dishes he wouldn't of been so upset. So yeah, I guess it is my fault. At least Farrah Fawcett had enough balls to set the bed on fire.

Maybe on one hand I am not a "True Fan". I am only a fan of this team b/c I am from here. Born and raised here. If I wasn't from here there would be no way in Hell I would root for this team. 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, 2-14, 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, and now 5-6. Why would I be? But I am a Houstonian. That is my shield and they fly my banner for better or worse. Each and every week we Houstonians send our guys off to compete with other cities around the nation. They are our representatives. They speak for us. They show the rest of the nation what Houston is about. And for 8 years they have told the nation we are a bunch of dorks. We are the Steve Urckle of the league. When we do win a game we snort and ask "Did I do that?"

On the other hand maybe I am a "True Fan". I am ready to scold and punish this team for bad behavior. I do b/c I care, b/c I love this team. If my daughter does something wrong I put her in time out or take away certain privileges. Does that mean I don't love or care about her? No, it doesn't. It means that I am disappointed in her actions and I expect more from her. Like I expect more from the Texans.

I, like 10's of thousands of you invest way to much of our hard earned money and expend our limited amount of time that we have throughout the day on a team that just doesn't seem to care about its fan base.

These players don't care about us, or there coach's. They are starting to turn the fan base away and are about to get there coach's fired.

Well like the players say, its a business. And like any other business there needs to be a product that people want. If you don't have that product that people want then you go out of business.

Just my two cents on the entire season and last 8 years. The last time Houston was in a playoff Joe Montana led the Chiefs past an Oiler team that had home field advantage throughout.

Last edited by TEXANRED; 12-02-2009 at 09:29 PM.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #2
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do these Texans deserve our support?

TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #3
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't personally say that I have invested money in to this team like many of you guys have, because I live far away and don't have the ability to attend games. But I invest my time and my emotions into this team and I think that they are very much worth it.

Here is why:

Players like Cushing, Pollard, 'Meco, 'Dre, Mario and so on, show up to play every weekend, and are here for the football and not the money. Not everybody on our team can say that, but these players can and they make it worth it.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

as I said back on September 8, 2002

"I, Wolf
Take you, Texans,
To be my NFL Team
To watch and to listen,
From this day forward,
For better, for worse,
For richer, for poorer,
In sobriety and in drunkenness,
To love and to cherish,
through the cursing and the praising
'Till death do us part." (or, "As long as you don't move out of Houston.")

little did I know what I was getting into .. guess I have the 7 year itch now

on seriousness.. for me it is probably more like having a kid.. you are going to love them no matter what, and they will do some stupid shit, but you are going to be there no matter what.. even on some days you want to disown them LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't read your post TexanRed.

I'm a genius though, so hear me out.

Yes.

Go Texans.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some are jumping the gun about players not carrying about fans. Things get heated on game day for fans and players alike.

Texans do a lot for the community

AJ,Demeco, and yes even D-rob helped kids earlier this year

http://www.houstontexans.com/gallery.asp?section_id=736

Cushing speaks at Army All-American Bowl dinner

There is frustration for the fans and players alike that want to go to the playoffs and possibly the superbowl
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah

"I, Norg
Take you, Texans,
To be my NFL Team
To watch and to listen,
From this day forward,
For better, for worse,
For richer, for poorer,
To love and to cherish,
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2009   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I say that these Texans do deserve your loyalty. For being how this season started out, being 5-6 is a blessing. This team showed us they didn't have any quit in them over the last two years and somehow getting to 8-8 both of those years. In 07 Andre goes down and the other WRs stepped up and got us to 8-8, then in 08 they start out 0-4 then go on to win 8 out of 12 to go 8-8. For some that sounds like mediocre football but when you consider the other seasons as you mentioned before that, there are many that would like to be at 8-8 (Detroit, Cleveland). I'm not saying that is going to cut it but 8-8 is light years better than 2-14.

The season isn't over for this season. Let me ask you if you thought we would be at 5-6 after week 3 when we were giving up all those TDs. They could go 10-6 or even 9-7. This would be our first winning season and only the loyal fans will get to say they've been there every step of the way. No more loser Texans, no more jokes about being the only team to never have a winning season. It just may mean that playoffs have to wait for another year. 11-5 meant teams had to stay home last year, that didn't mean they weren't a good team, it meant how good the division was.

9-7 or above and no playoffs means the Texans have turned the corner and are ready to take on the next challenge of being a contender. I know I don't want to go to the playoffs until I know we can win a few playoff games and possibly go to the Super Bowl.

Stay the course man, we are almost there.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #9
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

At least you're in Houston. I haven't set foot in the town in over 5 years and yet persist in following this team. Do you have any idea that I've met 2, yes, TWO total Texan fans in person since the inception of this franchise? While I may not buy tickets, I've bought jerseys and funy little stickers and license plate thingies for my truck. I've spent years and years and years in enemy territory dealing with Cowboy fans, and Colt fans and Titan fans, and of all things Jags fans. I actually think I have met more Jag fans than actually show up in their stadium on Sundays. I swear, if I hear one more person say "Texans?!?! You're a Texans fan!?!?!? WHY?!?!?" I'm going to go on a freaking rampage.

That being said...

"I, Txn_in_NC
Take you, Texans,
To be my NFL Team
To watch and to listen,
From this day forward,
For better, for worse,
For richer, for poorer,
To love and to cherish,

Now would someone come over here and kick me in the balls and just get it over with?
Old 12-02-2009   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

yes
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, the question is why do these Texans deserve our support?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Because they are our texans. It doesn't matter if they don't play like they want or what the media says about them. They are still our team through the good and the bad. Its these times that make when we do break through that much sweeter.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm supporting these Texans, because I like having a Professional football team in Houston.

I liked the Denver offense.

I like What Kubiak has been doing with player selection, & I like the progress we've seen.

I continue to support this team, because even though we've experienced some heart breaking losses, Each of those games have been among the best games of the weekend.

We just came out on the wrong end of them.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 12-02-2009 at 11:59 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Nothing would make the Colts & the Titans happier than for us to stop doing what we've been doing, & go in a different direction.
Old 12-02-2009   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep in mind that the question is not do the Texans deserve our support, but do these Texans deserve our support? This squad.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #16
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes.

I can't imagine myself without Texans football.

I hate to see them let me down but at least I have my hometown team that I can support, opposed to no team.

A Houston pro football team has not gone to the playoffs since I can remember.

I was alive when thee Oilers went to the playoffs but I was too young to remember(I do remember going to an Oilers game against the steelers in 96)

I will support this team as long as it says "Houston" in front of it.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #17
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I didn't read your post TexanRed.

I'm a genius though, so hear me out.

Yes.

Go Texans.

^This.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #18
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, now that the Beatles song 'all we need is love' is over back to reality

quoting the Joker, "and here, we,....go"

I think this is a fair question. Do these Texans deserve our support?

Right now, if 'deserve our support' means going to the games, for some no, because I'm not going to spend my money next season if the wheels fall off and we still have a mediocre team with a coach who can't get em over the hump. If we by chance go 8-8 again, then no I won't support them (monetarily), by buying tickets, but i will support them (emotionally), from my couch.

I am as big of a fan as anyone. I buy the multiple Jerseys for each of our themed games. I got the license plate, I buy the tickets for the games, I post and talk and live and eat and breath Texan football. I get to the stadium hours early and am usually one of the first through the gates just to watch the team warm up. I go to the stadium and purchase the $10 potato along with the $8 beer and wait 15 minutes in the bathrooms so I can have someone behind me watch me pee. I have my office decorated with Texans stuff and talk smack to that dumbass down the hall who is a crygirl fan. I do the same thing that thousands of Texan fans do everyday.

That's great, we all support them in our own way. But whether they suck or not, my gear still comes out on Sunday and I support and root for my them. But if they continue sucking, I'm not buying '2nd season sideline gear' if I don't feel their play warrants it, plus that's our choice and having the most gear doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else. The game time experience of being there should be experienced by any fan, its the American way.

But does this team deserve such loyalty?

This team doesn't 'deserve' our loyalty, its not deserved, its EARNED.

What have they done for me lately? Break my heart? Fall below expectations? Prove the naysayers correct? Make me look foolish?

Pretty much, yeah.

Sure, I have read the "True fan" posts and listened to the "True fan" callers on the radio. I have to admit I chuckle a bit. First I would like to point out that no I do not leave early. I paid for 60 minutes of football and dammit I am gonna get 60 minutes of football. I might not get 60 minutes from this team but I am gonna at least stare at the field and think how awful the turf looks.

People can stay or people can go, but like someone said, "if the movie is bad or you already know how the plot and ending is, we are free to get up and leave." I may have paid to see the game, but in the end if I know its another bad display, guess what, I got cold beer and warm brisket waiting for me on the outside.

I loosely compare the fans relationship with this team as an abusive one. Sure they punch us in the gut every Sunday but its there way of saying they love us.

Yeah, not really a good analogy, I would compare it to that lovable puppy that won't stop shitting/pissing on the carpet, cause you always have that faint stain there afterwards as reminder.

Especially with some of the players coming out now and starting to question our loyalty to the team. Like its somehow our fault they are losing. Sure they just hit me in the face with a chair and broke my nose but if I had done the dishes he wouldn't of been so upset. So yeah, I guess it is my fault. At least Farrah Fawcett had enough balls to set the bed on fire.

Umm, do you or a some friend need the number to a crisis hotline or better yet, need for us to call the cops for you? Not a fan of this analogy.
Seriously though, the players ought to look at more game film and be prepare better than worry about what our loyalty mindset is. They know cause we let em know.

Maybe on one hand I am not a "True Fan". I am only a fan of this team b/c I am from here. Born and raised here. If I wasn't from here there would be no way in Hell I would root for this team. 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, 2-14, 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, and now 5-6. Why would I be? But I am a Houstonian. That is my shield and they fly my banner for better or worse. Each and every week we Houstonians send our guys off to compete with other cities around the nation. They are our representatives. They speak for us. They show the rest of the nation what Houston is about. And for 8 years they have told the nation we are a bunch of dorks. We are the Steve Urckle of the league. When we do win a game we snort and ask "Did I do that?"

I'm trying to understand this statement. I'm from here too but I didn't choose the Texans because I'm from here. I'm born and raised in Houston too, but I love the Yankees, San Jose Sharks, and oh yeah the Rockets and Texans too, but its a reason that I'm sure is different from everyone else, so to each his own. As for them representing our city, yeah I'm sure the owner and GM has guidelines for their actions, its called being a professional.

On the other hand maybe I am a "True Fan". I am ready to scold and punish this team for bad behavior. I do b/c I care, b/c I love this team. If my daughter does something wrong I put her in time out or take away certain privileges. Does that mean I don't love or care about her? No, it doesn't. It means that I am disappointed in her actions and I expect more from her. Like I expect more from the Texans.

Umm, again bad analogy, I'm not my son's fan, I'm his parent. Apples n Oranges.

I, like 10's of thousands of you invest way to much of our hard earned money and expend our limited amount of time that we have throughout the day on a team that just doesn't seem to care about its fan base.

I think they care, it would be stupid to bite the hand that feeds you.

These players don't care about us, or there coach's. They are starting to turn the fan base away and are about to get there coach's fired.

Again, the players care, they're just as frustrated as we are. The fan base is still there, just unhappy. The coaches, well it seems some of them may be looking for new gigs come next season.

Well like the players say, its a business. And like any other business there needs to be a product that people want. If you don't have that product that people want then you go out of business.

It is a business and you are right, but this product right now is just bad, and definitely not going out of business anytime soon.

Just my two cents on the entire season and last 8 years. The last time Houston was in a playoff Joe Montana led the Chiefs past an Oiler team that had home field advantage throughout.

So bottom line is that support isn't deserved regarding a football team, its earned.

Last edited by MannyFresh; 12-03-2009 at 01:12 AM.
MannyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a fan of the team, just the TexansTalk message board, thats why I'm here all the time

Old 12-03-2009   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Keep in mind that the question is not do the Texans deserve our support, but do these Texans deserve our support? This squad.
No, people are evidently simply unable to frame issues correctly. The Texans don't deserve anyone's support. They are a local sports franchise. The question is do you choose to call them your team/be a fan/support them? They owe you jack and you owe them jack. It's a business. You choose whether to go put a dollar in her g-string. She doesn't owe you crap.

TB - this analogy was dedicated to you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read