Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-02-2009   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Referee Conspiracy

As I see it now I believe that there is a conspiracy and the Refs are helping the undefeated stay undefeated and tough luck to the opposition. Too many bogus Calls and bogus reviews to say it is coincedence. These Refs know when they blow a call but do nothing about it only to show up the next Sunday reffing another game. There are no disipline factors set up to guard the public from watching these bogus games. I am 99% sure these refs are on the take what with all the money floating around the NFL it is no suprise to me. If I had the money I would file a Class action suit to make the NFL come clean but for now we have to pay for our tickets to see who the Referee's want to win. Does not seem at all fair but what can we do?
You would think the NFL would want a fair game but it cannot be fair with the double standards of the Referee.
Old 12-02-2009   #2
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Referee Conspiracy

Lemme guess, you found this out via chain email, right?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it is not on the new Conspiracy Jessie Ventura show it does not count.
Old 12-02-2009   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Too many bogus Calls and bogus reviews to say it is coincedence.
explain.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #5
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
explain.
You sure you want that?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #6
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

JT is right do you ever notice that with Texans games there is rare penalties called. Do you remeber the disconcerting signals call a couple of years ago??? The one foot means your established rule. The defensive holding on a player making a tackle of the ball carrier. There are countless other rare penalties that are called on the Texans. JT is onto something here because I have observed on here and with friends about the wierd penalties that happpen at strange time against the Texans.

I believe it is a conspiracy....and its name is Jerry Jones....(on rules comittee..chairman I believe)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think there is an outright conspiracy. I do however think there is a noticeable tendency to protect marquee players with questionable calls, or in some cases no calls.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2009   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
JT is right do you ever notice that with Texans games there is rare penalties called. Do you remeber the disconcerting signals call a couple of years ago??? The one foot means your established rule. The defensive holding on a player making a tackle of the ball carrier. There are countless other rare penalties that are called on the Texans. JT is onto something here because I have observed on here and with friends about the wierd penalties that happpen at strange time against the Texans.

I believe it is a conspiracy....and its name is Jerry Jones....(on rules comittee..chairman I believe)
The Cowboys are one of if not the most penalized teams in the league. Jerry has mega power and influence but conspiracy? Bah humbug.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #9
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As I see it now I believe that there is a conspiracy and the Refs are helping the undefeated stay undefeated and tough luck to the opposition. Too many bogus Calls and bogus reviews to say it is coincedence.
against the Saints on Monday Night the Pats had zero penalties enforced against them for zero yards

**whiff**
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Cushing gets fined for hardly touching VY, and to begin with, that call was questionable. Yet Schaub was getting cheapshotted a $%$ ton in the last few years with no call, but they'd be hit with a fine after the game. They protect their precious superstars that sell jerseys and bring fans to the stadium, but do little in enforcing calls against average players.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well lets start out with a game fresh in the memory

Pass interference.......ball uncatchable
moved the colts to 1st down from a third down
Ruffing the passer
moved Peyton up to 1st down on a third down

I am saying that there is to many blown calls to call it coincidense
especially on the "important"games
Old 12-02-2009   #12
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
You sure you want that?
dude stalk someone else for christ sake
Old 12-02-2009   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Referee Conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't think there is an outright conspiracy. I do however think there is a noticeable tendency to protect marquee players with questionable calls, or in some cases no calls.
!!!!!!!!Bingo!!!!!!!!!!! In me and my wife's opinions.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #14
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...ive?id=4439970

listen to the latest show on 11/18, Mike Tirico talks to 4 different head officials from the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA. I think he talks to the NFL guy 1st maybe 2nd. He goes through everything a ref has to do in a weekly prep for a game. I believe in some kind of influence on the game, im not sure what but it make me feel better that the NFL has the refs competing with each other like they say they do....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This has been my thought for 30 years, first as the fan of a beneficiary team and now at the back end rooting for the Texans. There is no organized conspiracy. I don't even think there is a conscious thought to prefer most of the time but discretionary and every once in a while beyond discretionary calls tend league wide to benefit marquee players and marquee teams. I'll repeat what I said in another thread on this subject - I think Aaron Glenn used to get a lot of non-calls based on status. No way he gets called for the Reeves PI last weekend.
Old 12-02-2009   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well lets start out with a game fresh in the memory

Pass interference.......ball uncatchable
moved the colts to 1st down from a third down
Ruffing the passer
moved Peyton up to 1st down on a third down

I am saying that there is to many blown calls to call it coincidense
especially on the "important"games
the Bills got these same questionable calls against the Dolphins

the problem is, you're only looking at it from the undefeated teams' perspective. you fail to realize that horrible calls are a league-wide phenomenon right now.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the problem is, you're only looking at it from the undefeated teams' perspective. you fail to realize that horrible calls are a league-wide phenomenon right now.
They are league wide right now, but my observation long pre-dates the Texans and comes from being a fan on the receiving end of many of the calls, the Cowboys.
Old 12-02-2009   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This has been my thought for 30 years, first as the fan of a beneficiary team and now at the back end rooting for the Texans. There is no organized conspiracy. I don't even think there is a conscious thought to prefer most of the time but discretionary and every once in a while beyond discretionary calls tend league wide to benefit marquee players and marquee teams. I'll repeat what I said in another thread on this subject - I think Aaron Glenn used to get a lot of non-calls based on status. No way he gets called for the Reeves PI last weekend.
Apparently, the NFL has now officially admitted that they blew that call. Not that it means anything now.
Old 12-03-2009   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Apparently, the NFL has now officially admitted that they blew that call. Not that it means anything now.
Bad contrast since I thought the Reeves call was BS. Real point was Aaron could have some contact and then Petey would have even less the next play and get called.

Oh, and PS to all the Texans fans so down on the Texans they tried to rationalize that as a good call on Reeves or called out anyone else for saying it was a bad call. Doesn't matter if it affected the scoreboard at all. It was a bad call and it is legitimate to say that or at least discuss it.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-03-2009 at 02:28 AM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #20
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What Thorn said and Cak expounded on.

It is frustrating as a fan of the Texans - there were some huge penalties in the Colts game that were badly called. It is unfortunate that bad calls can sustain what ends up being a scoring drive that otherwise would've resulted in a punt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read