Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2009   #1
triondfootball

Default Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 13

Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 13
Old 12-01-2009   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 13

That's is about where I place them. I have us picking #15 in draft.
Old 12-01-2009   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I will begrudgingly admit that the Hootinanies and king sausage Rudy are playing better. But to put them at #9!!!! Above teams with BETTER RECORDS??? AT #9?????

My question to the guy who wrote this article: Just HOW DO you pull that out of your throat when you're done?

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #4
triondfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I will begrudgingly admit that the Hootinanies and king sausage Rudy are playing better. But to put them at #9!!!! Above teams with BETTER RECORDS??? AT #9?????

My question to the guy who wrote this article: Just HOW DO you pull that out of your throat when you're done?

hell, i thought i had it pretty close to right this week!
Old 12-01-2009   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by triondfootball View Post
hell, i thought i had it pretty close to right this week!
The rest looks ok give or take due to opinion.

I just get worked up over the titans.

You see, I hate them.

It's an irrational thing I know.

Seriously though, #9 for them is kind of high don't you think? I know they are red hot right now, but they are what they are according to their record of W's and L's.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
That's is about where I place them. I have us picking #15 in draft.
Currently we are at #14.
Old 12-01-2009   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

serious tenn at 9 wow !!!!! the media has been al VY jock strap

after a 4 game winning streak i say we move up a few notches !!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2009   #8
triondfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
serious tenn at 9 wow !!!!! the media has been al VY jock strap

after a 4 game winning streak i say we move up a few notches !!!!!
he has brought an 0-6 team back into playoff contention. thats pretty impressive.
Old 12-01-2009   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Because records don't tell you alot about how a team is playing now. They are playing much better than any 0-6 team in the history of the game. & they darn sure don't look like a 5-6 team today.

7 weeks ago they did, but not today.

The record only tells you how good your team is at the end of the season.
Old 12-01-2009   #10
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by triondfootball View Post
he has brought an 0-6 team back into playoff contention. thats pretty impressive.
5-6 in the AFC is "playoff contention" in math only..10-6 likely won't make it (and that's if they win out) it's over. It's impressive to be sure, but #9 impressive?...not too sure about that.
Old 12-01-2009   #11
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As much as it hurts me to say this, putting together 5 straight wins after going 0 - 6 to start the season is pretty impressive.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3
Quote:
5-6 in the AFC is "playoff contention" in math only..10-6 likely won't make it (and that's if they win out) it's over. It's impressive to be sure, but #9 impressive?...not too sure about that.
I have a feeling it would be #9 impressive around here if the Texans did it. Probably #3, since only the Saints and Colts would admitted to being a little better.
Old 12-01-2009   #13
triondfootball

actually, if you look at the teams still in contention and their remaining schedules, 10-6 will almost assuredly get them in.
Old 12-01-2009   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's ratings are these anyway? I put very little value in them being they spelled offense "offence."
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #15
triondfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
Who's ratings are these anyway? I put very little value in them being they spelled offense "offence."
guess editing isnt my strong suit.
Old 12-01-2009   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans don't deserve to be rated in the top half of the league right now.

Besides, as always, we all love the ratings when they love the Texans but question their accuracy when they don't. When the Texans start showing it on the field, we'll get more national love. Earlier in the season when the Texans were playing like a football team, some ratings had us as high as 12th.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #17
triondfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Texans don't deserve to be rated in the top half of the league right now.

Besides, as always, we all love the ratings when they love the Texans but question their accuracy when they don't. When the Texans start showing it on the field, we'll get more national love. Earlier in the season when the Texans were playing like a football team, some ratings had us as high as 12th.
i had them in the top ten preseason.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read