Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-30-2009   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casey Hampton would not mind playing for Cowher, Texans

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09331/1016642-66.stm

Quote:
Hampton second-guessing
Players who usually would not say certain things in the locker room sometimes cannot help themselves when they get on a radio show. Such was the case Wednesday night, when nose guard Casey Hampton joined defensive back Deshea Townsend and host Ken Laird on their weekly show on ESPN 1250.

Hampton said he did not like the play call of the pitch to Mewelde Moore on third-and-2 at the Kansas City 35 in overtime Sunday.

"It's unbelievable, man," Hampton said of that play. "We were running the ball ... I'm not a coach, but I just didn't like the play call. But who am I?"

Television cameras showed Hampton wave his hand in disgust on the sideline after the Chiefs broke through on the wide pitch and spilled Moore for a 3-yard loss.

"You get caught up in those moments; I'm not going to apologize for it. It was what it was at the time. And I still don't like it. It didn't work. If it would have worked I would have been right there cheering the way I was mad, so it goes both ways," he said.

Hampton, in the last season of his contract, also said he does not want the Steelers to put the franchise tag on him, even if the price would be $12 million for the 2010 season.

"I don't want that. I don't want that," said Hampton, who said he would not mind playing for Bill Cowher for Hampton's hometown Houston Texans next season -- a reference to speculation about the former Steelers coach's plans.

Nevertheless Hampton said he wants to return to play for the Steelers, and he said they've told him they want him back.

"Ain't no question I want to be here. It's all I know, but, at the same time just as it is a business for them, it's a business for me ...You never know what they're thinking. They tell me they want me here, I believe they want me here, and I want to be here. Hopefully I'll be here next year."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09331...#ixzz0YOtAxFWS
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Casey Hampton would not mind playing for Cowher, Texans

If BILL COWHER is serious about coming here and we keep on keepin on with Kubiak I'll be a Saints fan so fast it'll make Big Bob's head spin.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read